Author Topic: [FF7] Original and Outdated Tutorial - Bootleg Configurator  (Read 1851563 times)

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
Re: [Tutorial] Bootleg Edit for the FFVII Remix 2.5.1
« Reply #250 on: 2011-09-15 16:41:01 »
Never used HJSplit in my life, I usually use 7Zip for any mutlipart archives, even if they were created using HJSplt.

killuminati777

• View Profile
« Reply #251 on: 2011-09-15 16:43:08 »
@DragonNinja yes i know, but thank you ;)

@UGerstl thanks, all my questions are answered now :D i am downloading the rar files at this moment and all the other mods as well.
can't wait to install this beast after reading through all this stuff several times, haha, and i hope everything will turn out well.

You guys really deserve an oscar or something, this is superb :D

UGerstl

• Analyst and Backup-Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: 2011-09-15 17:48:37 »
@DragonNinja: I was a little irritated: 7-zip can extract HJSplit archives ?
                         So i tested it.
                         I was positively surprised, it works !
                         Thanks for the information.
                         BTW, i use IZArc most of the time.

Every day i learn new things,
<=======       but i forget more than i can learn...
« Last Edit: 2011-09-15 18:03:34 by UGerstl »

vaccine.exe

• View Profile
« Reply #253 on: 2011-09-15 19:45:07 »
Been busy last couple days gonna do clean install with 0034 then I will make that video tonight. Also do those three tracks from Bryan Bilocura do they need to be .ogg? Or is .MP3 ok, because I get "said tracks missing!" in bootleg dialogue when installing FF7 music.

EDIT:

Never mind the .ogg bit I figured that out
« Last Edit: 2011-09-15 20:17:59 by vaccine.exe »

PitBrat

• Change to feed the machine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: 2011-09-15 20:18:17 »
I only added support for the .OGG version of the tracks because they loop better.
3-06 - The Nightmare's Beginning-rev8.ogg       Bryan Bilocura  NetHead - Remastered Song               Qhimm FILE
3-16 - Interrupted by Fireworks-rev18.ogg       Bryan Bilocura  NetHead - Remastered Song               Qhimm FILE
3-20 - Buried in the Snow-v.2.ogg               Bryan Bilocura  NetHead - Remastered Song               Qhimm FILE
JenovaRemix.ogg                                 SymphoniC       New Music Track                         Qhimm FILE

To enable the tracks in game, select the 'Bootleg' Soundtrack option during setup.
You can also change the soundtrack after installation:
   Run .\FF7Music\FF7Music.exe
   Click on Configure
   Select the Files tab
   In the Profile Box, select Bootleg

Available soundtracks include:
    PSF - original MIDI as MP3s
    FileNamesOnly - FinalFanTim's original MP3s
    OSTRemastered - FinalFanTim's looped OGGs
    mp3 (remixed) - All OCRemixes MP3s
    Custom - a combination of OCRemix and FinalFanTim's MP3s
    Bootleg - a combination of FinalFanTim's OGGs, OCRemix MP3s and the 4 cover tracks.

killuminati777

• View Profile
« Reply #255 on: 2011-09-15 22:57:04 »
Pure Awesomeness, i can't wait until all mods are 100% finished and complete. As well as bundled and combined with an easy installer like this. This is better than sex, lol. Thank you again for this bootleg, which makes it easy for us newcomers and noobs who want to play the game in it's full beauty but dont know much about modding and stuff. You are the man Pit.

AND I JUST HOPE THAT ALL MODDERS WILL SOONER OR LATER AGREE WITH THE IDEA OF BUNDLING EVERYTHING TOGETHER.

Noobs like me are lost without an easy installer like this. Thumbs up for you "pit" keep going ;)

killuminati777

• View Profile
« Reply #256 on: 2011-09-16 02:52:16 »
I finally downloaded all the required mods, put them all in 1 folder on my desktop including Bootleg.exe + BFE.exe. Turn my UAC off, disabled my anti virus protection. Set run as administrator for Bootleg.exe & BFE.exe, then i finally run BFE.exe, i use the mod list option to see if i got all the needed mods, everything is green except Facepalmer.zip & ffmusic_install_15111, but i got the 15112 version and the Facepalmer.rars instead, then i modify everything to my liking, AND WHEN I HIT "RUN BOOTLEG" - NOTHING HAPPENS, hmmm??? What am i doing wrong? How can that be??

I'm totally confused now :(

And i need help. Thanks in advance...Hmm so confused

My Specs:
Sony Vaio Laptop
Duo Core. 2.0
4gb ram
256mb ati graphics card
resolution 1600x900

syphus

« Reply #257 on: 2011-09-16 03:30:12 »
could be 1 of a few things. either your missing a modfile you overlooked , missing the patch, or remix installer, or do not have a fresh install of ff7
any of those things will cause the installer to hang and not show up as far as i can tell from retrying installs to recreate errors.

@ pit brat - i have reinstalled so many times that i have almost tried every setting and 90% of them work flawlessly. The error i was having with the Field Files pack 1.rar file not being found has some how corrected it self and it is installing now. I have gone back through settings to try and find a way to recreate this error with no succession, so im completely stumped. There is however a file barcorrectionpatch.exe that my norton AV is catching during install and so far it seems to be harmless to the bootleg install. other than that the game runes flawless and i am already starting to go through picking options solely on preference instead of testing errors, so far im liking the bootleg-grimmy FMV's and install everything but tank-pirate ship / bunny girls. The colored items are also working and seem to have no problems so it truely looks epic.

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #258 on: 2011-09-16 05:18:50 »
syphus,
That missing field files error better not show up again!!!  I spent hours sifting through Bootleg to fix that error . . .  :o

killuminati777,
Are you sure nothing at all happens when you click 'Run Bootleg'?  Sometimes Bootleg starts minimized in the background.  Check the taskbar for the Bootleg command line shell.  If it's not there and you don't receive an error message that "Bootleg.exe is missing," then some part of your virus software is still blocking Bootleg.exe.
After Bootleg starts, the Avalanche installer should pop up in about 3 minutes.

I'll figure out a better way to notify users that the Bootleg process started successfully.

The ffmusic_install_15112.exe installer was a last minute addition.  I didn't update the mod list but it will still install.
There are two versions of FacePalmer: the single file ZIP and the 20 part RAR.  There's no need to have both versions.

Bootleg has assimilated Rumbah's FMVs:
640sharp.part1.rar - 640sharp.part3.rar         Rumbah          All Movies, 640 Sharp Filter            Qhimm FILE MIRROR
640smooth.part1.rar - 640smooth.part3.rar       Rumbah          All Movies, 640 Smooth Filter           Qhimm FILE MIRROR
1280sharp.part1.rar - 1280sharp.part9.rar       Rumbah          All Movies, 1280 Sharp Filter           Qhimm FILE MIRROR
1280smooth.part1.rar - 1280smooth.part6.rar     Rumbah          All Movies, 1280 Smooth Filter          Qhimm FILE MIRROR

Get your downloads on for the future release!

These are complete FMV replacements.
If you have suggestions on mixing these with other FMV mods, please let me know!

killuminati777

• View Profile
« Reply #259 on: 2011-09-16 06:01:49 »
PitBrat

Yes i am sure, absolutely nothing happens, and nothing happens in the taskbar either, and i waited for like 10 mins. No error messages, it doesnt hang itself, its like the "run bootleg" button has no function for me. And my virus software was turned off  :o

Does it matter where the folder with all the mods and bootleg files is located at?
Am i supposed to install the codecs that come with the ff7 install?

Am i doing something wrong with the normal ff7 installation?
Let's pretend something is wrong with my ff7 installation, shouldn't it start anyways after i hit the "run bootleg" button?

So, no one else had this problem before? Weird stuff. Damn Vaio Laptop :cry:  lol

What would happen if i try to run the bootleg.exe manually not by running the BFE??

Sorry for asking you so many questions, i know you are busy and all, keep up the good work tho...looks like its working for most people, just not me  :-\

EDIT:

On page 3 i saw someone posted a pic of how the folder with all the mods should look like, and i noticed that the endings (.rar / .zip etc) of every file look different for me  :o

HIS:

MINE:

as you can see my files dont have the endings, could that be the problem or part of my problem???
« Last Edit: 2011-09-16 07:06:57 by killuminati777 »

UGerstl

• View Profile
« Reply #260 on: 2011-09-16 10:39:25 »
Hi killuminati777,

another day another problem...

Edit: Important: I can reproduce this problem, please wait for further analysis...
        09/16/2011 14:19 Germany

Edit: 09/16/2011 14:27 Germany
        Error found: Don`t use spaces in the path structure of following folders:
                                Locations: Mod Source
                                                 Bootleg.exe Location

Q: Does it matter where the folder with all the mods and bootleg files is located at?

A: Please don't copy all the files to your Desktop, like you have done.
    Create a separate folder on one of your partitions (e.g. D:\Bootleg) and
    move all your files into it.

Q: Am i supposed to install the codecs that come with the ff7 install?

A: These codecs are obsolete.
    "Aali's Custom graphics driver for FF7/FF8" is used instead.
    Don't worry if you installed them.

Q: Am i doing something wrong with the normal ff7 installation?

A: No, as long as you selected the "Maximum" installation.

Q: Let's pretend something is wrong with my ff7 installation, shouldn't it start
     anyways after i hit the "run bootleg" button?

A: Yes. (but PitBrat should it know better than me)

Q: So, no one else had this problem before? Weird stuff. Damn Vaio Laptop.

A: Every system is unique, so the problems are.
    We are using Netbook's / Notebook's / Desktop-PC's with different hardware
    from different producers.
    And every user has an unique windows configuration.

Q: What would happen if i try to run the bootleg.exe manually not by running the BFE??

A: It is strongly recommended to use the "BFE.exe". But to bypass your problem it is
    an option. You have to add a lot of parameters (=> Bootleg_Readme.txt).

Q: On page 3 i saw someone posted a pic of how the folder with all the mods should look
     like, and i noticed that the endings (.rar / .zip etc) of every file look different for me.
     As you can see my files dont have the endings, could that be the problem or part of my
     problem???

A: No, absolutely no. Open your windows explorer (Windows-Key + E), look at the main bar:
       Extras => Folder options => Display: Show known file extensions

(I hope i translated it right, because i have a german Windows version)

For more informations wait until PitBrat is alive again... :D
« Last Edit: 2012-03-07 13:04:24 by UGerstl »

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #261 on: 2011-09-16 13:33:56 »
killuminati777,
EDIT: BFE.exe will not launch Bootleg.exe if it is in a path that contains spaces.  I've corrected the bug in Bootleg 0035.

Move the files to another folder like C:\Bootleg.

When you click 'Run Bootleg' it should start a command line shell and run Bootleg.exe.

:evil: I don't recommend running Bootleg.exe without BFE so absolutely never ever do this under any circumstances:
    Start a RUN window
        Press Windows Key + R
            or
        Click START, ALL PROGRAMS, ACCESSORIES, RUN
    Type CMD in the Open text box
    Press OK
    Change to the Bootleg directory: cd /d c:\bootleg
    For instructions, issue the command: bootleg /?

It's probably time to write the whole thing in VB.NET.
« Last Edit: 2011-09-16 14:44:08 by PitBrat »

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: 2011-09-16 16:59:31 »
I never use BFE to launch Bootleg. I use my batch file. Also, haven't quite check if it is already corrected, but here is an issue that was in 0032 :

If you do not enter anything for the MOP option, which would enable the default option of installing it, in fact it doesn't.

Also make BFE resizable and scrollable.

Also, a request that pissed me off a lot, include the option of change MORE than only 2 mods.

What I always did before was to overwrite the files each time FF7 is launched so you're sure it will be the good one. It would overwrite the KERNELs, scene.bin and flevel. Either make a batch file that asks the mod to play with before or make multiples files. I can do these for you. I will also re-convert Lost Wings' mod to the PC version (cause the older version had issues) and also an option for our own mod. I personnaly use 5 different versions : Vanilla, Lost Wings, Rebirth, Total Grudge and Hardcore. Rebirth and Total Grudge aren't available. I don't recommend downloading Lost Wings.

killuminati777

• View Profile
« Reply #263 on: 2011-09-16 19:09:49 »
@UGerstl Thank you for all your help, you deserve an oscar ;)

@PitBrat, Thank you as well, you even deserve 2 oscars, lol. Keep up the good work ;)

After i moved the folder with the mods and bootleg from my desktop to another hardrive, it all worked. No errors, everything perfect.
Thank you all for helping out newcomers like me.  Great, humble community. Love it. I will definitely stick around.

Cheers

bonez89

« Reply #264 on: 2011-09-16 20:31:52 »
I've tried and tried and have been holding out on bothering anyone with my problem, but I can't seem to get it to work my self...
BFE.exe will not initialze in my XP machine. When I try to run it it says "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135). Click OK to terminate the application."... I cannot "run as administrator" when I try to do this : Right-click>Run as...>The following user>Administrator, it says "unable to login etc. etc."(I am currently logged in as the administrator account)... But I'm running XP so it's my understanding that I shouldn't need to run as administrator anyway. So after not getting able to get BFE.exe. to work, I figured what the hell, I'll try to run bootleg.exe anyway. I can just delete the game and start over if it messes it up... So I did and it appeared to work except for one problem; once bootleg.exe is finished, it seems to have installed all the mods, but has overwritten opengl somehow and in order to get acess to "Custom driver' in ffconfig, I have to reinstall opengl myself after the installation from bootleg.exe, which overwrites the opengl config file and just messes  up a lot of mods.
I think that if i could just get BFE.exe to work, I'd be fine... Any clue as to why it will not initialize?
Any help would be greatly appreciated. As I said, I'm sorry that I had to resort to asking and wasting someone's time.

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #265 on: 2011-09-16 20:50:02 »
VGR,
I would definitely like to assimilate additional difficulty mods.
You know how much I enjoy pleasing you!  :wink:
Currently, the options include: Hardcore, Remastered and Revival.
I don't have access to Lost Wings, Rebirth nor Total Grudge.
The Reasonable Difficulty and Harder Items mods are unfinished, but they are the only viable candidates of which I'm aware.
The AWESOME mod is more of a joke and unfinished.  Besides, I find it offensive.
Unfortunately, Shalua Rui is unfinished.
That leave Turks Mod, Play as Vincent and the various Play as Sephiroth patches, but they are incompatible with many of the other mods.  They also detract from the canon.
Adding a difficulty mod increases the number kernel and scene patches exponentially.
Generating the .bin files is the most complicated algorithm in Bootleg.
Please let me know of any mods available that are fully playable and mostly complete.
I'll begin the process of manually creating the patch files for every permutation of mods-- order matters.
Again, I'll have to rely on everyone here to help me test the results.  There are bound to be many buggy iterations.
It's beyond my skill level to make all difficulty mods play well together.
Bootleg uses mod switching to allow Hardcore and Normal modes to coexist.
Unfortunately, some mods require that the installer run for every mode.
That could really bog down the installation process!  It's also confusing to the user.
Alternately, enabling one difficulty mod will disable other parts of Bootleg.
The only way to make this clear to the user is via the BFE interface.

I'm at the point now where I've cleaned out enough bugs to focus on adding additional content.
I'm currently considering assimilating these files in order of priority:
    1) ff7rm1.1.exe
    2) FF7 - Kernal File MOd.rar
    3) Scorpicus_Seph_Patch_V1_1.zip
    4) Sephiroth_Patch.zip
    5) 2009_05_09_TurksModv1.1Full.7z
    6) vincent's sin.exe
    7) SR v0.3.zip
    8) AV Mod.rar
Please let me know where you want me to start!

Bootleg0032 was very buggy (an understatement) in regards to default settings.  I've worked hard to make sure that the default values are labeled correctly and enforced in 0034.  Values are slightly changed in 0035 to account for 0=no change settings.  I hope this makes it easier to install Bootleg with minor changes that don't corrupt your existing mods.

Bootleg.exe now works with paths that contain spaces and non U.S. standard characters.  Unfortunately, BFE.exe for 0034 will not read from a path that contains such characters.  I apologize and the bug is fixed for future releases.  :cry:

Thanks again, VGR.
You always have plenty of feedback for me!
You've found ways of using Bootleg that I never considered.
Hopefully I can implement features to better suit your needs and reduce the frustration factor for you.

Bootleg is still in the beta phase.  With your help, I'll whittle away at those leading zeroes and eventually go gold.  :roll:

bonez89,
ERROR: The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000135)
SOLUTION: You need to install the .NET framework from: Microsoft .NET Framework.
You can also use Windows Update to install the .NET Framework.
« Last Edit: 2011-09-16 20:54:02 by PitBrat »

UGerstl

• View Profile
« Reply #266 on: 2011-09-16 20:57:53 »
Hi bonez89,

may be this helps you >Click me< :

If you are running Windows XP, Service Pack 2 or newer is required.

If you are running Windows Vista or Windows 7, turn UAC off.

BFE.exe is written in Visual Basic 2010.
   You will need to install the .NET framework to run BFE.exe.
   Use Windows Update to install the necessary .NET framework.

@PitBrat: You are faster than i. AND better.
« Last Edit: 2012-04-05 08:13:57 by UGerstl »

UGerstl

• View Profile
« Reply #267 on: 2011-09-16 21:10:50 »
Hi PitBrat,

checking the Bootleg (0034) brings me new ideas...

Please read your PM. (Typos in documentation)

Bootleg_Mods.htm
  • Every second line should be colored for better reading.

• Important: Passwords only visible with CTRL+A. (color=white  intended?)

e.g.   Trish(aka Mike)'s custom model pack.7z
                                PW:i_love_trish

BFE.exe
  • File->Mod List

• Cool ! :)

• Save/Load custom configuration (e.g. "BFE_01.ini")

• FacePalmer.zip                  disabled (or green) when
      FacePalmer.part01-20.rar  is green, respectively the other way
                                                (no confused users)

• ff7music_install_15112.exe   (i know, you know it)

• avatar.7z <=>  Download = avatar.7z   (OK)

==>  Typos: Bootleg_Readme.txt + Bootleg_Mods.htm

• Info Box

• Battle Scenes as LGP :

To significantly shorten the load time of battle scenes, uncheck the box next to
         'Battle Scenes as LGP.'  The textures are already in the mods folder.  I include
          this option because some systems have trouble using textures from the mods folder.

• AI, Stats, Equipment: Hardcore

AFAIK, the saves between the 'normal' mode and the 'hardcore' mode are not
         compatible. Read it somewhere. (i am not sure about it)

• AI, Stats, Equipment: Remastered

Remix done by titeguy3: Remastered Kernel and Scene changes to AI,
                                                stats and equipment.

(Which ones ? You know it better then i.)

• FF7 Install Image

Archive file of your compressed FF7 folder, so the re-installation goes faster.

• Brat Code

A Brat Code is a string of numbers that controls the mods Bootleg installs.
         For more information read "Bootleg_Readme.txt".

• Temporary Files

The place where all needed files for the installation will be stored temporarily.
         Requires minimum 16 GB free space.
« Last Edit: 2012-03-07 13:07:38 by UGerstl »

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #268 on: 2011-09-16 21:16:13 »
I've never tested Bootleg on XP.
I just assumed that the registry keys are the same as their Windows 7 32/64 bit counterparts.

If not, I'll figure out a solution for a future release.
In the mean time, you could run ff7config.exe before installing Bootleg.
The registry entries will remain intact if they're different than in Bootleg.
It's sloppy . . . but getting messy never stopped me from having a good time!

bonez89,
Please post your results so that I know if there's something else for me to fix.

UGerstl

• View Profile
« Reply #269 on: 2011-09-16 22:19:14 »
@PitBrat: FF7 Vanilla installation registry keys on Windows XP.
                VMware let me not run "FF7Config.exe".

Code: [Select]
REGEDIT4

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Square Soft, Inc.]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII]
"DataDrive"="E:\\"
"AppPath"="C:\\Programme\\Square Soft, Inc.\\Final Fantasy VII\\"
"DataPath"="C:\\Programme\\Square Soft, Inc.\\Final Fantasy VII\\Data\\"
"MoviePath"="E:\\FF7\\Movies\\"
"DiskNo"=dword:00000000
"FullInstall"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\1.00]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\1.00\Graphics]
"DD_GUID"=hex:
"DriverPath"=""
"Driver"=dword:ffffffff
"Mode"=dword:ffffffff
"Options"=dword:ffffffff

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\1.00\MIDI]
"MIDI_DeviceID"=dword:ffffffff
"MIDI_data"="GENERAL_MIDI"
"MusicVolume"=dword:00000064
"Options"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\1.00\Sound]
"Sound_GUID"=hex:
"Options"=dword:00000000
"SFXVolume"=dword:00000064

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: 2011-09-16 23:31:35 »
The Lost Wings mod is finished. I was the one doing the conversion, although I found issues that forces me to re-convert it. I cannot give access to Rebirth unless Bosola allows me to. Total Grudge, while 100% finished up to Mideel, is not available. It is done by Armorvil and only Armorvil and I have it. The final word is his, however. The AV Mod is discountinued and most likely will always be. It will be replaced by Total Grudge (Armorvil even told me that there would be 4 versions, and two of them would "replace" AV at 90%

Also, the COPY setting is better than the IF NOT EXIST setting because it would allow us to make less batch files and WAY less strings. There is one of my thread somewhere in the Archives. FF7 Mod Switching it's called. The batch files are basic but you can eventualy base your work on it. I could also do it for you, to implement it.

bonez89

« Reply #271 on: 2011-09-17 04:41:48 »
Thank you for the quick response(s). I'm embarrassed to say that installing .NET Frameworks was in fact the only thing wrong with getting BFE.exe to launch. If I hadn't completely forgotten that I had just reformatted my XP machine yesterday as a result of the frustration installing these mods was creating for me, I would have realized that I had not yet re-installed .NET Frameworks... But hey, at least you don't need to fix anything.

On a side note, Everything seems to be running smooth, except for one thing; battling is suddenly very slow. As if my computer cannot handle it anymore, or it's running at a very low frame-rate... Before using bootleg I was just using Remix, and battles were very smooth(yes, I did a clean install of the game before installing bootleg). I'm re-installing now with "Battle Scenes as LGP" unchecked and seeing if that helps it back to normal. If not, I'll play around with some other options to see what the culprit is (It may be the FFX style menus also or something else that is not included in Remix).

UGerstl

• View Profile
« Reply #272 on: 2011-09-17 10:27:21 »
@bonez89: ( Don't select the "Team Avalanche HR" option (BFE.exe) it's very CPU intensive.
                     => use the TaskManager (taskmgr.exe) to check the CPU )

I don't recommend to use "Battle Scenes as LGP".

To significantly shorten the load time of battle scenes, uncheck the box next to
                      'Battle Scenes as LGP.'  The textures are already in the mods folder.  I include
                      this option because some systems have trouble using textures from the mods folder.
« Last Edit: 2011-09-17 15:39:56 by UGerstl »

bonez89

« Reply #273 on: 2011-09-17 17:51:32 »
It wasn't Team Avalanche HR... It's apparently the magochocobo battle scenes. If I delete the battle folder from mods, the battles are as smooth as a baby's ass... I've tried battle scenes as lgp and not as lgp and both make it slow... Am I missing something? If not I'll just have to keep the old battle scenes. Not a big deal.

Seeing as how this is no longer to do with bootleg, this probably off topic. sorry.
« Last Edit: 2011-09-17 17:56:50 by bonez89 »

PitBrat

• View Profile
« Reply #274 on: 2011-09-17 21:24:14 »
For Bootleg 0034 and earlier, battle scene PNGs are always installed to the 'mods' folder.
Even when the scenes are present in the LGP, the engine prefers the textures in the 'mods' folder.
Therefore, even when 'Battle Scenes as LGP' is checked, the engine still loads the textures from the 'mods' folder.
Because of the slowdowns, I'm investigating methods of disabling battle scenes.
You can rename the folder .\mods\Bootleg\battle to .\mods\Bootleg\battle.bak to disable the battle textures
Then the engine will load the textures from battle.lgp whether they be the new Magochocobo or default vanilla textures.

I've fixed a few serious bugs in Bootleg 0034.  The biggest issue was with the OpenGL and sound drivers not installing correctly.  This problem appeared when I stopped using the Remix installer.  Until Bootleg 0035, simply run ff7config.exe as administrator to configure the drivers.