Author Topic: Remake or post dirge?  (Read 4970 times)

Furzball

• Furzball happens...
    • View Profile
Remake or post dirge?
« on: 2011-12-18 08:00:36 »
I've been thinking about which I would like to see first. The remake of the first ffvii or a new game post dirge of Cerberus timeline?

What makes it hard is
For a remake, nostalgia factor. New graphics, gameplay, etc.

For post dirge, either continuing or finishing the story.

What are everyone's thoughts on this? Post dirge or remake and why?

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
Re: Remake or post dirge?
« Reply #1 on: 2011-12-18 08:33:53 »
Never having played Dirge, I can honestly say I don't care where it goes from there. A remake (assuming it's done right) would be so much better, IMO.

Furzball

• Furzball happens...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011-12-18 08:51:39 »
Never having played Dirge, I can honestly say I don't care where it goes from there. A remake (assuming it's done right) would be so much better, IMO.

Lol well, pretty much the gameplay sucked. Story and fmvs were ok. But had that teaser for genesis reawakening after the credits. So I am curious if he will be a good guy. Bad guy. Just what will happen in general. Plus now that I have seen a pregnant lulu and her babe, I sort hope for that aww factor with tifa.

royalmurder

• View Profile
    • Ian Merryweather
« Reply #3 on: 2011-12-18 11:13:42 »
Heh, you say gameplay sucked.. but I really enjoyed Dirge. When I got it, I didn't leave my PS2 for two days before I finished it XD

In honesty though, I'm not sure. I suppose they could make a new story about Genesis but... what would be the point? Crisis Core was to explain Zack and Cloud's story properly, Dirge was to explain Vincent's, so I don't see how they can drag something else out of all this.
I'd prefer a proper remake, without voice acting, or at the very least with the option to turn it off...

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
    • FFVII Lost Wing Mod/Hacks
« Reply #4 on: 2011-12-18 16:20:10 »
I liked Dirge a lot too.  I enjoyed the gameplay, and the story wasn't very blasphemous at all (partially because it took place AFTER the events of FFVII).  It was kind of...unbelievable that Shinra had this entire underground facility that was producing god-like beings...I mean...it would have come in handy for Rufus to defeat Cloud and friends in the original VII, or even to defeat Jenova and Sephiroth (or put up a good fight).  But I think it was a good game, though it could have been better.  Another Dirge-style game might be nice (with Yuffie as a playable character hmmm?).  But I don't trust any remake of VII at this point.  There have been some good arguements for why Squeenix would keep it true to the original, I just don't believe that; it is wishful thinking.  I'm not down with any prequel stories at all, but if they want to make some new innovative games about what happened after Meteor and Holy, I say to go right ahead (just don't tell me about ppl who are as powerful as Seph, cause there are none, and don't try to make Cloud a bad ass, because as strong as he may have become, he is still the confused child with Schizodissociative disorder (yeah I made that up, but it fits).

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011-12-20 13:36:40 »
With the way they've been pushing Yuffie on us, I can see that happening.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2011-12-20 15:08:28 »
Neither.  Leave FF7 alone and maybe instead, you know, do something original?  A crazy thought, I know.

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
    • FFVII Lost Wing Mod/Hacks
« Reply #7 on: 2011-12-22 05:53:41 »
While I wholeheartedly disagree with the bastardization of the FFVII name, if you play Dirge of Cerberus instead of FFVII DOC, then it stands on on its own two feet as a good game.  I always rip on FFX, but only because of the 'FF' that is placed in front of it.  If it was called Tidus's Illusion or something else, then I would give it a lot more credit.  It is wrong that Final Fantasy and VII are placd in the title of a lot of these games, but from an objective perspective, some of them have a lot to offer.  However, when looking through Mako colored glasses, many of these games are vomit-inducing.  Basically, Square now produces good, not great, but not poor games.  As members of a group that enjoyed Square during its finest years, we can only complain until something they produce can compare to the golden past.  As RPG connoisseurs, we feel an obligation to ridicule Square now, but unfortunately, the new generation is more lucretive than we were.

kicker

• Hojo...what a queer fellow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2011-12-25 12:52:36 »
i can only hope for an atonement of their sins when final fantasy versus 13 comes out. I checked out final fantasy xiii-2 sales and they were horrible. people are abandoning the ff titles. After all Square bought all these other companies and is mass-producing all kind of games. From Tomb Raider to Nier and other stuff. Final Fantasy will slowly become a good old but loving memory.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2011-12-28 01:34:02 »
Final Fantasy XIII-2 has received a perfect score from the Japanese magazines Famitsu

--------

SAY IT AIN'T SO!   ;D hahaha  "PS, Famitsu and its ridiculous little scoring system have been in error for a long, long time."