Author Topic: Restarted ffvii. Now what?  (Read 2773 times)

Furzball

• Furzball happens...
    • View Profile
Restarted ffvii. Now what?
« on: 2011-12-18 08:09:54 »
Alright. I just reinstalled ffvii on my dev pc (oddly named jenova lol) currently going through the mods to figure out what I would like. Took Awhile cause I installed on xp. But finally got everything working. Some field lag though bleugh. Anyways I have mostly played with graphics mods, yamp, and sephiroth mods. Not sure if I should get one of the hardcore or rebalance/ added features mods. Also I'll tell ya what, it takes so stinkin long to kill safersephiroth and weapons with just the 9999 hpmpdmg limit breaking mod.

From personal experience what mods do most of you prefer? Good or bad experiences with certain mods? Etc.

I may just relearn more about the new tools and make my own stuff if I get a few ideas. Zack mod still isn't done. My idea for updating graphics but keeping chibi style seems to be taken. Unless I do chibi battle models if I could wing that.

royalmurder

• View Profile
    • Ian Merryweather
Re: Restarted ffvii. Now what?
« Reply #1 on: 2011-12-18 11:15:58 »
Gjoerulv's Hardcore mod is a lot of fun.
I've been playing it (not too much, admittedly) and it's almost like a completely different game in terms of how I'm having to play.
Which is good, because now it's not just mindless attack attack attack heal X)

Other than that, I'm waiting for the complete Sephiroth mod to be finished.

Dark_Ansem

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011-12-18 18:13:24 »
I agree with royal. We all wait for the seph mod, but that hardcore mod is just great. then there's Bosola's rebalance mod as a WIP.

Furzball

• Furzball happens...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011-12-18 19:08:04 »
Gjoerulv's Hardcore mod looked extremely annoying from the youtube videos. Took the pattern and flipped it to heal heal attack. Like it is just a struggle to keep cloud and team alive against a basic wolf. Not sure if I want to go through the game like that. Probably though I should just make a backup of my ff7 folder and try out the mod anyways.

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: 2011-12-18 19:36:49 »
Funny you should mention this - I was doing some work on Rebirth only today. More or less started again with the enemies, as the creatures in the demo were just too buggy to play with. I'm intending to release a stripped down version with just the enemy classes and new skills / materia / equipment, but without the AI changes.

Watch this space.

Furzball

• Furzball happens...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011-12-18 20:06:45 »
Funny you should mention this - I was doing some work on Rebirth only today. More or less started again with the enemies, as the creatures in the demo were just too buggy to play with. I'm intending to release a stripped down version with just the enemy classes and new skills / materia / equipment, but without the AI changes.

Watch this space.
It is definantly one of the more tempting rebalances I'll admit that. :)