Author Topic: [FF7] Qhimm Catalog 3.0 Reports / Requests  (Read 317640 times)

lionheart82

• View Profile
Re: [FF7] Update Reports and Mod Requests
« Reply #125 on: 2016-01-03 22:44:10 »
I think this a case of "credit where credit is due" with the people wanting to donate. I'm, in no way, accepting donations for the work of the mods themselves. I was only seeing it as donations for my time given to learn the tool and, at the same time, giving back what's learned from that time to the public. I don't want to imply that I'm above others though, so please go easy on me if this bothers anyone.

The only issue I see with donations which could be highly unlikely is possibly some modders taking issue with getting money from what they make even though that is not what this is about.  Again highly doubt they maybe something to think about possibly.
We arent crediting alyza for someone leses work on their mods but for HER work, that should be obvious... Credit where its due of course. :-) just so we are clear, this is the appreciation of her own work and effort, besides i dont see why any other modder / contributor couldnt have their own donation button, it would be fully ok. I would for example donate also to dlbp, waifus gfx pack author etc...

genesis063

• Self proclaimed number 1 Sephiroth fanboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 2016-01-03 22:53:12 »
Like I said before this is highly unlikely.  I hope everyone read it clearly because what she said is what I basically already plus just wanted to bring it up for those that try to pull that stunt so people are better prepared.  Anyway enough said on the subject.

olearyf2525

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 2016-01-04 01:13:49 »
Like I said before this is highly unlikely.  I hope everyone read it clearly because what she said is what I basically already plus just wanted to bring it up for those that try to pull that stunt so people are better prepared.  Anyway enough said on the subject.

If I had the money to spare I'd definitely donate a few bucks.
« Last Edit: 2016-01-04 01:41:27 by olearyf2525 »

Salk

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 2016-01-04 06:02:44 »
I don't know whether or not my own (old) Scene Redux mod (http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=7100.0) could be converted to 7H but if it was possible, I'd be glad.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #129 on: 2016-01-04 06:32:48 »
Yep, it's in there now under the Gameplay - Difficulty and Story category. I patched it to use with The Reunion - Beacause R03e for the Catalog 2.0 release.

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 2016-01-04 08:57:45 »
hey

is the catelong updated to the newer version yet with the sephiorth story mod in it

lionheart82

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 2016-01-04 08:59:21 »
Yep, it's in there now under the Gameplay - Difficulty and Story category. I patched it to use with The Reunion - Beacause R03e for the Catalog 2.0 release.
Thats great alyza so will it be possible to use r03 + scene redux+ new threat mods together in the new 2.0 release?

And what/where is this sephiroth story mod? Tried searching for it via tapatalk android but nothing came up? Can anyone give me the link? Thanks in advance. :-)
« Last Edit: 2016-01-04 09:02:21 by lionheart82 »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 2016-01-04 09:37:26 »
hey

is the catelong updated to the newer version yet with the sephiorth story mod in it

Not yet, but almost. I just finished compiling ALL the mod files (I hope). So now it's onto uploading and then writing out the new subscription for Catalog 2.0. Hang tight, we're very close :)

Thats great alyza so will it be possible to use r03 + scene redux+ new threat mods together in the new 2.0 release?

And what/where is this sephiroth story mod? Tried searching for it via tapatalk android but nothing came up? Can anyone give me the link? Thanks in advance. :-)

Unfortunately, you will only be able to play New Threat by itself. I might be able to patch in other mods down the road, but that's a BIG might. Right now, Wall Market crashes when trying to apply any kernel patches together with New Threat and Nightmare 7. If I can't patch their kernels, then I can't even attempt to get them working with other mods unless it's done....manually (NOPE, not me). You can play Scene Redux + Reunion Beacause though, so you're not completely out. I think New Threat, and to some extent Nightmare 7, are such massive overhauls to the game that you shouldn't be mixing it with other mods anyways. It's complicated to explain, but the files that are altered in them are so many that it's basically a brand new game. And all of that modding was done manually, so you can see why I'm unable to use tools to automatically patch them with other mods. It just isn't that simple.

Sephiroth Story Mod by genesis063: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=15156.0

lionheart82

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 2016-01-04 10:18:20 »
But wait how is it then that nt is playable in present gameplay mod? Is it bc r03 is not part of it? Id rather sacrifice scene redux for nt+r03. Which i CAN play in present setup 7h+nt+separate r03 install.
Ps thx for sephiroth link. :-)

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 2016-01-04 11:08:09 »
The game may launch, but it's not playing NT + Reunion Beacause together. The 7H tool would inject the kernel.bin, kernel2.bin, and scene.bin from NT, which overwrites the ones inside your game folder. This means it doesn't matter if Reunion Beacause, Original game, or any other mod that alters those files are installed. They all would get overwritten by what 7H injects when the game starts up.

If I can get NF1TC1 or anyone else to help me with the Wall Market crash, then it may be possible to patch NT + Reunion Beacause.

Fischkopf

• View Profile
« Reply #135 on: 2016-01-04 14:03:38 »
Not yet, but almost. I just finished compiling ALL the mod files (I hope). So now it's onto uploading and then writing out the new subscription for Catalog 2.0. Hang tight, we're very close :)

Great to hear, I'm looking SO forward to do another playthrough with the latest mods. :)

lionheart82

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 2016-01-04 14:19:37 »
The game may launch, but it's not playing NT + Reunion Beacause together. The 7H tool would inject the kernel.bin, kernel2.bin, and scene.bin from NT, which overwrites the ones inside your game folder. This means it doesn't matter if Reunion Beacause, Original game, or any other mod that alters those files are installed. They all would get overwritten by what 7H injects when the game starts up.

If I can get NF1TC1 or anyone else to help me with the Wall Market crash, then it may be possible to patch NT + Reunion Beacause.

Well if they can it would be great since those 2 mods are most important for me, ill stick to the old setup till then. Or PM me if its not too much to ask or bother you(and if its not important for this thread), don't know if im the only one who's interested in this.

I want to experience ff7 with r03 and nt together as a fresh game, i even bought steam version and will buy a whole new pc for that. :-)
« Last Edit: 2016-01-04 14:24:43 by lionheart82 »

olearyf2525

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 2016-01-04 15:35:36 »
But wait how is it then that nt is playable in present gameplay mod? Is it bc r03 is not part of it? Id rather sacrifice scene redux for nt+r03. Which i CAN play in present setup 7h+nt+separate r03 install.
Ps thx for sephiroth link. :-)

I can tell you that New Threat made it's own dialog changes in some parts, though mostly minor, which really add to the clarity of certain sentences. Or which are tutorials for new aspects of the game added in new threat. For example if you've seen the tutorial area in the sectory 7 slums he completely re-did it, so it makes sense that it wouldn't work with Beacause. If you are getting the two to work in 7th heaven right now one is over-writing the other's dialog probably, depending on your load order.
« Last Edit: 2016-01-04 15:39:20 by olearyf2525 »

lionheart82

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 2016-01-04 15:57:22 »
I can tell you that New Threat made it's own dialog changes in some parts, though mostly minor, which really add to the clarity of certain sentences. Or which are tutorials for new aspects of the game added in new threat. For example if you've seen the tutorial area in the sectory 7 slums he completely re-did it, so it makes sense that it wouldn't work with Beacause. If you are getting the two to work in 7th heaven right now one is over-writing the other's dialog probably, depending on your load order.
Thank you olearyf for clarification. No i havent actually started a playthrough, just activeated nt for a few minutes, saw that it is working (different battle stats etc) and switched back to regular gameplay. Thats actually the reason why im waiting for catalog 2.0, nt 1.4, R04 is out already and being polished. I was planning to restart the game with all 3 new versions.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 2016-01-04 16:08:17 »
The dialogue changes take part mostly in the flevel.lgp scenes, so that makes it extra tricky. We can chunk out the different sections of the flevel, as seen here, but even with that there will be overlap. If you play with NT above R03e in 7H load order, you will get the NT dialogue. If you play vice versa, you will get R03e dialogue. But, there are more to the scenes than just dialogue, so you could miss out on a lot.

I wonder how much field dialogue in the entire game is changed by NT because if it's minimal enough, than you might be able to play through smoothly with it loaded above R03e. BUT, none of this matters if I can't get the kernels and scene.bin patched correctly, else the scene look-up tables will be a mess. When it's not patched correctly, you get the wrong encounters in battle.
« Last Edit: 2016-01-04 16:13:25 by EQ2Alyza »

lionheart82

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 2016-01-04 18:11:57 »
Thanks for the clarifications even those that weren't asked but helped as well, ill ask segachief on nt dialogue part, and my q for you is, 1) can you and if yes 2)when - patch them?
This is in no way a pressure to rush you, just a practical q so i know if i wait it up if its soon or play it off as it is if not.
Ultimately i may just follow your advice and play nt above r03 when 2.0 is released and bear w minor discrepancies. ;-)
« Last Edit: 2016-01-04 18:15:44 by lionheart82 »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 2016-01-04 19:15:02 »
You unfortunately won't be able to play NT 1.35 above R03e for Catalog 2.0. The kernels and scene.bin won't be patched correctly for the scene look-up table, so you'll end up with wrong encounters in battle. I've already contacted NF1TC1 and he's looking over my patch files now. Hopefully we can get a solution soon, and if we do, I can make a Catalog 2.1 patch for it.

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 2016-01-04 19:18:41 »
Hey Alyza

i really like 7th heaven alot more better now than with tifa bootleg mod

because with tifa bootleg mod, people had to wait a long time for it to finish setting up everything

kidkat

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 2016-01-04 19:38:34 »
Thanks for your great work! quite excited to see it coming all-together :D :D :D

As a mere curiosity, I was revising the Reunion mod parts and thinking what parts and version will be included in the new catalog 2.0,
to know which ones would need to be updated and which ones are installed through other existing mods. Correct me if I'm wrong but from what I get things will be like this once 2.0 is out:

1. BEACAUSE -> Included in catalog 2.0 R03e-> will need patch to R04x (hopefully not too complicated)
2. MENU ENHANCEMENT-> Included partially(completely?) in catalog 2.0 with fonts/textures of R03e (patch needed to R04x?)
3. 60FPS BATTLES-> Not possible to use from 7H and no alternatives from other mods
4. WEAPON -> Not included because still needs a lot of development (I guess)
5. MODEL OVERHAUL -> Not included but models can be replaced by other mods (not sure if all of  the Reunion are covered by your catalog but they seem enough to me)
6. PATCHES -> Included partially (completely?) in catalog 2.0 under tweaks and cheats (Not sure about faster deaths and shades)

« Last Edit: 2016-01-04 19:44:07 by kidkat »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 2016-01-04 20:23:29 »
I don't know if it's possible to combine NT with Reunion without doing it manually. Too many elements from encounter tables to game scripts are likely different; too different for a tool to be able to patch them together cleanly because it won't know what to keep and what to overwrite.

Here's an example, Oleary mentioned NT's Beginner's Hall. A lot of the tutorials there in the default game, I find, are completely redundant. They cover things like how to Save your game, and worse than that a chunk of them are delivered in the slow-ass Menu tutorial format. So for NT, I changed all of these to explain game mechanics that cover things I usually got asked during my challenge runs, etc. Things like how damage mitigation from Sadness/Back-Row works, ATB settings and their advantages/drawbacks, how Natural Dex vs. Boosted Dex works; stuff like that. I also turned them into normal text boxes, instead of Menu tutorials. The other tutorials that do use normal text boxes in the default game were changed too; and some of the explanations, like for elements vs. enemy types in NT, needed an extra box or two.

Now our tool comes along with Reunion text & scripts to inject. First off, the triggers for the Menu tutorials are gone so that translated text is lost already, except it'll translate the names of the tutorial options themselves which means when you pick, say, the explanation on Saving you'll get the extra NT text talking about ATB settings instead. The other tutorials will be worse; if there's additional text boxes, then you'll get the translated text followed by an extra text box or two from NT that's talking about something else entirely; in short, it won't make a lot of sense.

I think that'd generally be the problem; just a disconnect between what the mods do. Reunion translates the text, NT repurposes it instead. There's going to be a lot of overlap that only a manual edit can navigate cleanly.

lionheart82

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 2016-01-04 20:50:56 »
Thx segachief for pre answering my questions. Well then does that mean that even present 7h with nt + separate r03 install will be as sega chief described? If yes then it's either waiting for that 2.1 patch or giving up nt or r03 in 2.0.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 2016-01-04 21:22:10 »
Thanks for your great work! quite excited to see it coming all-together :D :D :D

As a mere curiosity, I was revising the Reunion mod parts and thinking what parts and version will be included in the new catalog 2.0,
to know which ones would need to be updated and which ones are installed through other existing mods. Correct me if I'm wrong but from what I get things will be like this once 2.0 is out:

1. BEACAUSE -> Included in catalog 2.0 R03e-> will need patch to R04x (hopefully not too complicated)
2. MENU ENHANCEMENT-> Included partially(completely?) in catalog 2.0 with fonts/textures of R03e (patch needed to R04x?)
3. 60FPS BATTLES-> Not possible to use from 7H and no alternatives from other mods
4. WEAPON -> Not included because still needs a lot of development (I guess)
5. MODEL OVERHAUL -> Not included but models can be replaced by other mods (not sure if all of  the Reunion are covered by your catalog but they seem enough to me)
6. PATCHES -> Included partially (completely?) in catalog 2.0 under tweaks and cheats (Not sure about faster deaths and shades)

1. Correct, and I hope it won't. Have to look at it first.
2. R03e is included completely. R04x is a separate mod to R03x, in which it fixes the original game's menu/fonts. I'd have to look at it first before I can say if it could be added.
3. It's not possible from the standalone mod: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=10474.0 --- The  Reunion battle speed is in the current Catalog, but it's old (R02x I believe). I can look at what's new in R04x.
4. It won't be looked at until development is finished.
5. Not needed as all his options should be in the Catalog.
6. R02x Patches are spread out across multiple categories in the Catalog. I will look at R03x and R04x Patches and see what could be added/updated to the Catalog.

Thx segachief for pre answering my questions. Well then does that mean that even present 7h with nt + separate r03 install will be as sega chief described? If yes then it's either waiting for that 2.1 patch or giving up nt or r03 in 2.0.

I asked SC to chime in because I felt he could explain the details in more depth than I could possibly understand. I knew that kind of scenario would happen, and probably quite often, I just don't know when because I've not played NT all the way through yet (can't wait to try it!). There won't be a patch for it in 2.1 at this point, as I'm convinced that the game will be an utter mess if attempted with automated tools. I, for one, do not have the time to do it manually. In fact, I don't think anyone would because it would require an insurmountable amount of work for just one or two people to do it. If you think about it, The Reunion and New Threat have both been in production for YEARS, so the manually work required to patch them together would...well, you get how long that may be :P

lionheart82

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 2016-01-04 21:29:25 »
Hahaha decade or two. :'( A shame as that would be the ultimate icing on the cake.

Yuffie1983

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 2016-01-04 21:31:21 »
Will this update include the auction mod, the one that uses the event section in the Gold Saucer.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 2016-01-04 21:41:27 »
First time hearing of that mod. Link me to the thread.