Author Topic: [FF8PC-Steam] Ragnarok Rebalancing Mod (v1.2.3 & v1.1b)  (Read 331278 times)

kx101

• View Profile
Re: [FF8PC-Steam] Ragnarok Rebalancing Mod (v1.2b & v1.1b)
« Reply #700 on: 2022-02-09 06:38:38 »
Thank you for the quick reply.  I was able to install and play your mod now on 1.0.3 using the zzzDeArchive

Callisto

• View Profile
« Reply #701 on: 2022-02-09 15:43:04 »
Version for use with latest Demaster patch is now up and can be found at the top of the opening post.

DL for use with zzzDeArchive remains available as usual. Just scroll down to setup instructions for Remastered to find a link if you prefer this install method.

@kx101: Thanks for reporting back. Glad to hear it worked.

kx101

• View Profile
« Reply #702 on: 2022-02-13 23:07:59 »
Does anyone know if Rosetta Stone can still drop from 200g card player in disc 2 prison in this mod (2019 steam) (lionheart mode), or was that changed/removed?  If it does still drop, then would the normal manip from vanilla game using ~54 duel cancels still work on this mod?  I have tried both farming and manip with no luck, and want to make sure it is still possible to drop on this mod before I go back to play hundreds of card games.  I know you can get Rosetta Stone later in the game, but obtaining 3 of them here in disc 2 is just something I usually like to do.

I know the manip says you must use Enc-None, which doesn't seem necessary since I can reach the cell with no encounters, but maybe using Enc-None is required because it effects RNG?  And in this mod there is only Enc-Half available currently.  Maybe this could explain why manip does not seem to work.

On a good note I have enjoyed disc 1 so far on lionheart mode.  Ended up being easier than I expected so far, but probably because I over prepared for most things in disc 1 due to expecting it to be harder.  Killed X-ATM.  Character levels were in 25-28 at end of disc 1.

Callisto

• View Profile
« Reply #703 on: 2022-02-14 15:09:48 »
Yes, it's still possible to get a Rosetta Stone from said card player, with the chance being slightly increased compared to the original game (4/256 instead of 3/256).

Furthermore, the item received after a card game is still determined by randomly generated number between 0 and 255, but the range that nets a Rosetta Stone has been changed in this mod: In the base game you need to roll either 253, 254 or 255 to win one, whereas in this mod, you'd need to roll either 239, 240, 241 or 242 - so I don't think that the known RNG manipulating tricks still work.

Here's an overview of what can be received from both card players:

Code: [Select]
Generated number Item 200 G player Item 500 G player

0-118 Potion+ Potion+
119-182 Eye Drops Eye Drops
183-214 Remedy Remedy
215-230 Wind Flute Gaia Drum
231-238 Mega-Potion X-Potion
239-242 Rosetta Sone Power Wrist
243-255 Hi-Potion+ Mega Phoenix

The chance for the one-time item is calculated independently from this and has been increased from 1/32 to 1/8 in this mod, and the reward itself has been changed as well: A Tri-Point card from the 200 G player and a Mobile Type 8 card from the 500 G player.

kx101

• View Profile
« Reply #704 on: 2022-02-15 04:30:09 »
As a programmer, I appreciate the in depth explanation.

Based on the table you shared, it makes sense that the manip would not work on this mod.  I had previously tried the 54 cancel manip a couple dozen times (while also adding in some variation for 53,55,56, etc) but was not having any luck.  But I was getting Hi-Potion+ most often.  So if I'm understanding, then getting a Hi-Potion+ on this mod would likely mean I was executing the 54 manip "correctly" based on the vanilla game reward table.  But then due to the reward table position changing for this mod, the number of cancels would have to be something different for a manip to work, but I think its better to leave that number a mystery :)

Honestly I'd rather not be using a manip at all for this, was only using it as a test to see if the item existed on the reward table.  It feels more rewarding to have to earn such a powerful optional item early in the game.  Thanks again for the information.

singaporygon

• View Profile
« Reply #705 on: 2022-02-20 20:05:12 »
Hi, in the 2nd battle vs BGH251F2, suddenly Mighty Guard was applied to my party out of nowhere.
Not complaining if it's helping me, but I'm wondering how did this happen?

Also, is Gilgamesh good in this mod?
« Last Edit: 2022-02-23 15:37:37 by singaporygon »

Patrickz22

• View Profile
« Reply #706 on: 2022-03-01 01:10:05 »
Can i play this mod on the nintendo switch?

Joe87

• View Profile
« Reply #707 on: 2022-03-04 06:20:27 »
I completed this the other day and I just wanted to say thanks for the considerable time and effort making such a great mod for one of my favourite games, it really enhanced it and made it special again. Excellent job!

singaporygon

• View Profile
« Reply #708 on: 2022-03-08 13:35:44 »
Yeah this is an awesome mod I totally agree!

By the way I'm pretty elated right now because I managed to beat Tonberry King soon after being able to explore with Balamb Garden. (much harder than vanilla's at this point)

The main strategy was having Squall spam limits and have both Quistis and Rinoa cast Double Blizzagas if they didn't need to spend their turns reviving Squall or supporting each other.

For those wondering, you get like ~10 Doubles naturally before this, and then to get Blizzagas I drew them from Snow Lions, an easy encounter in Trabia if you have enough Demis.
[I didn't know I could draw -agas this early but I found the Lions while battling Blue Dragons to get weapon upgrade materials for Quistis and Zell. As an aside it took WAY too long to get dragon skins: High-Level andacondas aren't available & I don't want to mod that 1 Carbuncle card so Calisto please increase Blue Dragons way too low encounter rate!!!] 

Helminth

• View Profile
« Reply #709 on: 2022-03-25 17:09:45 »
Hi guys, does anyone have the full list of abilities each GF can learn on their own, and when they unlock? I want to plan which gf gets to use these gf learning items for my loadout. Thanks.

Fauve

• View Profile
« Reply #710 on: 2022-03-25 22:05:45 »
Is this mod the same between the regular steam release and the Remastered version?
« Last Edit: 2022-03-25 22:09:14 by Fauve »

Callisto

• View Profile
« Reply #711 on: 2022-03-27 03:16:11 »
Hi, in the 2nd battle vs BGH251F2, suddenly Mighty Guard was applied to my party out of nowhere.
Not complaining if it's helping me, but I'm wondering how did this happen?

Also, is Gilgamesh good in this mod?
BGH251F2 using Mighty Guard and Mega-Potion after a certain time has passed is intended, mainly just to make it more believable that Selphie and the others are still trapped inside. Think of it as Selphie having trouble controlling that thing at first (which is understandable considering its nearly broken state), but after some time, she figures out what buttons to press to actually help the party. Not that it really matters in the end - at the time BGH251F2 starts doing this, it barely does any damage anymore, making it basically impossible to lose the battle.

Gilgamesh is unchanged from the base game (damage increase for Excaliber and Masamune aside). If you don't like his random appearances in battle and already got Odin, make sure to have at least 1 Amethyst in your item inventory before facing Seifer in Lunatic Pandora, to avoid Odin getting replaced with Gilgamesh.

Can i play this mod on the nintendo switch?
No, not yet. At the moment, I don't even know how to port it, but I'll take a look at it after v1.3 for 2013 Steam version is done.

As an aside it took WAY too long to get dragon skins: High-Level andacondas aren't available & I don't want to mod that 1 Carbuncle card so Calisto please increase Blue Dragons way too low encounter rate!!!]
Blue Dragons are actually very common at the non-snowy cliff areas near Trabia Garden. If there is any information in mod documents that point to the encounters at the snowy forests, I apologize - they are indeed quite rare at this location. I didn't know about their common appearance at the cliffs until very recently.

Hi guys, does anyone have the full list of abilities each GF can learn on their own, and when they unlock? I want to plan which gf gets to use these gf learning items for my loadout. Thanks.
There isn't such a list available at this time, but you can check GF skill trees by extracting the kernel.bin file from main.fs archive (found in lang-en folder) and then opening it with the Doomtrain tool.

Is this mod the same between the regular steam release and the Remastered version?
The differences between the two versions are currently very few. A short summary can be found here.

Keep in mind that despite JWP's Vit 0 patch missing in Remastered, some enemies are still immune to Vit 0 in that version. If an enemy is vulnerable, they just don't have any resistance and the status will be inflicted nearly 100% of the time (unless the target's Spirit stat is very high).

NissyHime

• View Profile
« Reply #712 on: 2022-03-28 06:34:43 »
Hello! im curious if the abilities that it mentions you get for drawing the GF's are random? or is it a static affect no matter what? it's kind of confusing how that process works, or is it just for the single battle they are drawn from?

Edit: Figured it out xD
« Last Edit: 2022-04-01 01:41:44 by NissyHime »

ReloadPsi

• View Profile
« Reply #713 on: 2022-03-30 12:32:47 »
Works on the Remaster right? I'll have to check this out! Finally give me an excuse to play Remaster as well since I wasted the money on the thang ding!

Will this get a dialogue update similar to FF7 NT where the translation is improved?

Helminth

• View Profile
« Reply #714 on: 2022-03-31 00:41:06 »
This NORG (Lionheart) fight has got to be the most disgusting fight I've encountered yet lol. Reflect misses him so he has free reign to use his Renew, his Renew can't be dispelled, he has a single turn team dispel but no debuff magic works aside from Meltdown. The strategy is just to just out damage his heals. I used Demi a bazillion times and had my DPS damage him fast enough at the tail end so he couldn't cast Renew again. The fight at the prison bridge with the two robots and red soldiers was more interesting than this. I wondered if Doom would have worked too but I'm too tired from trying to check which status spell works and the save point from the boss fight is kinda far what with all the talking and whatnot.

Would Doom have worked on this fight? I'm gonna KO myself if so.

AbsoLootAaron

• View Profile
« Reply #715 on: 2022-04-15 09:22:05 »
Just wanted to say hi... *peepoShy* lol
Keep up the good work, Callisto! :D

Yoids

• View Profile
« Reply #716 on: 2022-04-18 15:42:52 »
There isn't such a list available at this time, but you can check GF skill trees by extracting the kernel.bin file from main.fs archive (found in lang-en folder)

Just created an account to thank you for this mod. Amazing work.
As contribution, here you have the list for the GF abilities (all GF have "Item", "Magic" and "GF", so I will not list them):

Quezacotl
His attack causes SLOW (low/mid chance)

SumMag+10%HP-JT Mag-RFHP+10%
SumMag+20%          MAG-J               Mid Mag-RF          Mag+10%
GFHP+10%VIT-JCardMag+20%
GFHP+20%Elem-Atk-J    Card Mod
No ExperienceElem-Def-J
Elem-Defx2

Shiva
Her attack causes STOP (low/mid chance)

SumMag+10%          STR-J               IMag-RF             Vit+10%
SumMag+20%    VIT-JDoom Vit+20%
SumMag+30%   SPR-J Spr+10%
GFHP+10%Elem-Atk-J      Spr+20%
GFHP+20%Elem-Def- J
No Experience Elem-Defx2

Ifrit
His attack causes VIT0 (low/mid chance)

SumMag+10%          STR-J               Return Damage       Str+10%
SumMag+20%    HP-J FMag-RF Str+20%
GFHP+10%Elem-Atk-J     Ammo-RF HP+10%
GFHP+20%Elem-Def- JMad Rush
GFHP+30%Elem-Defx2
No Experience

Siren
Her attack causes SILENCE (high chance)

SumMag+10%          MAG-J               Supt-Mag-RF        Mag+10%
SumMag+20%    ST-Atk-J LMag-RF Mag+20%
SumMag+30%    ST-Def-JSTMed-RF
GFHP+10%ST-Def-Jx2 Heal
GFHP+20% Treatment
Move-Find
Med Data

Brothers
Their attack causes PETRIFY (low/mid chance)

SumMag+10%          STR-J               Step Mine/Traveler  HP+10%
SumMag+20%    SPR-J Abilityx3   HP+20%
SumMag+30%HP-JCover STR+10%
GFHP+10%Elem-Atk-J     
GFHP+20%Elem-Def-J     
GFHP+30% Elem-Defx2     

Diablos
His attack does not cause any status effect

GFHP+10%            HP-J                TimeMag-RF          HP+10%
GFHP+20%    MAG-J STMag-RF HP+20%
GFHP+30%HIT-J Enc-Half MAG+10%
GFHP+40%EVA-J Darkside MAG+20%
Mug
Abilityx3

Carbuncle
His attack grants REFLECT and REGEN

GFHP+10%            Luck-J              RecovMed-RF         Vit+10%
GFHP+20%    HP-J Counter Vit+20%
GFHP+30%MAG-JAuto-Reflect HP+10%
VIT-J Abilityx3  HP+20%
ST-Atk-J
ST-Def-J
ST-Def-Jx2

Leviathan
His attack causes DEATH (mid chance)

SumMag+10%          SPR-J               Tool-RF             Spr+10%
SumMag+20%    MAG-J GFRecovMed-RF  Spr+20%
SumMag+30%Elem-Atk-J     Treatment
GFHP+10%Elem-Defx2     MedData
GFHP+20% Auto Potion
GFHP+30%  Move-HPUp

Pandemona
Her attack causes CONFUSION (high chance)

SumMag+10%          STR-J               Initiative          SPD+10%
SumMag+20%    HIT-J Card   SPD+20%
SumMag+30%    SPD-J STR+10%
GFHP+10%Elem-Atk-J      STR+20%
GFHP+20% Elem-Def-J     
GFHP+30% Elem-Defx2     

Cerberus
His attack grants DOUBLE and TRIPLE

GFHP+10%            STR-J               Auto-Haste          SPD+10% 
GFHP+20%    MAG-J Doom  SPD+20% 
GFHP+30%SPR-JAbilityx3
SPD-J Alert
HIT-J Expend2x1
ST-Atk-J
ST-Def-Jx2
ST-Def-Jx4

Alexander
His attack BLINDS (high chance)

SumMag+10%          SPR-J               MedData             Spr+10%
SumMag+20%    Elem-Atk-J   MedLvUp Spr+20%
SumMag+30%Elem-Defx2  HighMag-RF
GFHP+10%Elem-Defx4   Abilityx3
GFHP+20% Revive 
GFHP+30% Defend 

Doomtrain
His attack causes SLEEP, SLOW, STOP, DOOM, PETRIFY, CONFUSION, VIT0, POISON, DARKNESS, SILENCE and BERSERK (mid/high chance)

SumMag+10%          Elem-Atk-J          Auto-Shell         
SumMag+20%    Elem-Defx4   MadRush 
SumMag+30%ST-Atk-J Kamikaze
SumMag+40%    ST-Def-Jx4 Devour   
GFHP+10%JunkShop
GFHP+20% ForbidMed-RF 
GFHP+30%
GFHP+40%

Bahamut

SumMag+10%                              Mug                 STR+30% 
SumMag+20%        Expend2x1   MAG+30% 
SumMag+30%  Expend3x1
SumMag+40%      Auto-Protect   
GFHP+10%Rare Item
GFHP+20% Move-HPUp   
GFHP+30%ForbidMag-RF 
GFHP+40% Abilityx4

Cactuar

GFHP+10%            SPD-J               Defend              Eva+30%
GFHP+20%    EVA-J  AutoPotion  Luck+30%
GFHP+30%LUCK-J Initiative Spd+10%
GFHP+40% HIT-J  MiniMog Spd+20%
Move-HPUp
Kamikaze

Tonberry
His attack causes DEATH (high chance)

SumMag+10%                              Recover             Eva+30%
SumMag+20%    Auto Potion  Luck+30%
SumMag+30%    Initiative 
GFHP+10% Haggle 
GFHP+20% Sell-High
GFHP+30%   Familiar
Call Shop
MiniMog
Level Down
Level Up

Eden

SumMag+10%          HIT-J               Enc-None            Eva+30%
SumMag+20%    EVA-J  GFAblMed-RF  Luck+30%
SumMag+30%MadRush
SumMag+40%    Expend3x1
GFHP+10%Ribbon (at level 80)
GFHP+20% Devour 
GFHP+30%
GFHP+40%

Robgatti

• View Profile
« Reply #717 on: 2022-04-21 22:25:53 »
Edit: I managed to get it going, my apologies.

Edit 2: Is the alternate Title Screen available for Remastered or just 2013?
« Last Edit: 2022-04-22 08:41:34 by Robgatti »

Yoids

• View Profile
« Reply #718 on: 2022-04-28 21:24:27 »
Yes, it's still possible to get a Rosetta Stone from said card player, with the chance being slightly increased compared to the original game (4/256 instead of 3/256).

Furthermore, the item received after a card game is still determined by randomly generated number between 0 and 255, but the range that nets a Rosetta Stone has been changed in this mod: In the base game you need to roll either 253, 254 or 255 to win one, whereas in this mod, you'd need to roll either 239, 240, 241 or 242 - so I don't think that the known RNG manipulating tricks still work.

Here's an overview of what can be received from both card players:

Code: [Select]
Generated number Item 200 G player Item 500 G player

0-118 Potion+ Potion+
119-182 Eye Drops Eye Drops
183-214 Remedy Remedy
215-230 Wind Flute Gaia Drum
231-238 Mega-Potion X-Potion
239-242 Rosetta Sone Power Wrist
243-255 Hi-Potion+ Mega Phoenix

The chance for the one-time item is calculated independently from this and has been increased from 1/32 to 1/8 in this mod, and the reward itself has been changed as well: A Tri-Point card from the 200 G player and a Mobile Type 8 card from the 500 G player.

Ok I give up. I played 190 games and did not get the Rosetta Stone.
Are you certain that it is coded correctly? Maybe in the table you wrote "Rosetta Sone" instead of "Rosetta Stone" like you did here in the table, and that makes the prize impossible to get?

forkst

• View Profile
« Reply #719 on: 2022-05-13 14:08:24 »
Callisto everytime i try patch my FFVIII_EFIGS.dll file with your patching file, it goes to the An unknown exception has occurred screen when i first boot up my final fantasy 8 remastered steam game using your mod

singaporygon

• View Profile
« Reply #720 on: 2022-05-13 18:48:27 »
Hi, any tips on getting Odin as soon as possible? I'm in Disc 2, I have Tonberry King, and I just beat the Captain/Commander in Balamb; I think I'm still too underpowered to kill the enemies quickly on the way to Odin with the timer and all that etc.

So like any tricks to get it done quickly? I thought I might wait until getting Eden and Enc-None but that might come real late right and thus missing opportunities for Odin to put in work?

Or what's the recommended time to go for Odin?

Nesouk

• View Profile
« Reply #721 on: 2022-06-05 10:30:41 »
Can anyone tell me where the Iguions are ? I've been searching in the sewers for hours and can't find them at all.

Callisto

• View Profile
« Reply #722 on: 2022-06-09 18:52:27 »
Will this get a dialogue update similar to FF7 NT where the translation is improved?
Other than correcting spelling errors and bringing the translation closer to the Japanese original version where applicable, there are currently no further plans to improve the game's translation. For a full overhaul (including changes to certain plot elements), I would strongly recommend having a look at Percival's Succession mod.

This NORG (Lionheart) fight has got to be the most disgusting fight I've encountered yet lol. Reflect misses him so he has free reign to use his Renew, his Renew can't be dispelled, he has a single turn team dispel but no debuff magic works aside from Meltdown. The strategy is just to just out damage his heals. I used Demi a bazillion times and had my DPS damage him fast enough at the tail end so he couldn't cast Renew again. The fight at the prison bridge with the two robots and red soldiers was more interesting than this. I wondered if Doom would have worked too but I'm too tired from trying to check which status spell works and the save point from the boss fight is kinda far what with all the talking and whatnot.

Would Doom have worked on this fight? I'm gonna KO myself if so.
Dispel is supposed to work against NORG's Renew. If it doesn't, you probably missed a step during mod installation, skipping on several mod features. Make sure you have Roses and Wine W07 installed and the Ragnarok_mod.txt file placed at the designated location, as described in the setup instructions.

Doom works against Elite Soldiers 100% of the time, but not against the GIM52A's, so it would have made the battle noticably easier if you can survive long enough.

Ok I give up. I played 190 games and did not get the Rosetta Stone.
Are you certain that it is coded correctly? Maybe in the table you wrote "Rosetta Sone" instead of "Rosetta Stone" like you did here in the table, and that makes the prize impossible to get?
I rechecked and tried to win the Rosetta Stone myself and got one after around 50 games, so it is coded correctly. The only advice I can give here is using the game's internal speed boost (activated by pressing F1 in 2013 Steam or some button on the controller in Remastered) to make this a little more bearable.

Hi, any tips on getting Odin as soon as possible? I'm in Disc 2, I have Tonberry King, and I just beat the Captain/Commander in Balamb; I think I'm still too underpowered to kill the enemies quickly on the way to Odin with the timer and all that etc.

So like any tricks to get it done quickly? I thought I might wait until getting Eden and Enc-None but that might come real late right and thus missing opportunities for Odin to put in work?

Or what's the recommended time to go for Odin?
During the scripted encounter on the way to Odin, you can use Zombie on the Armadodos and then use X-Potions or Curaga spells to finish them off quickly. If you also cast Berserk on them, they won't be able use their Earthquake attack, which might save some more time. The Chimera on the other hand is vulnerable to Gravity damage and Slow, so if you use Demi and Slow, it should go down relatively fast.

As for getting Odin, there is no real recommended time, as he is just optional and no longer possesses the valuable Triple spell. If you try to beat him right after getting control of the Garden, it will likely be hard. But at that time, your party members can already have around 3500 HP and solid stats with the right levels and/or junctions. The spells you should have for junctions when trying to tackle him right away are as follows: Regen, Bio, Life, Meltdown, Reflect, Death, Haste and Stop. Pain is also useful if you managed to get a full stock during the NORG event, but is not a must. The most important thing is that you have something effective junctioned your Spirit stat and some AoE heal available.

Can anyone tell me where the Iguions are ? I've been searching in the sewers for hours and can't find them at all.
Enter the sewers from Caraway's mansion and head east until you reach the ladder that leads to the boxes near the Presidential Residence. From there, go one screen to the left and wait there for several seconds until the Iguions "appear" (I would love to make them visible at that place, but due to Deling tool limitations, I can't).

Short update on new version: Making the Hit stat matter for Squall and Seifer brought more negative side effects than initially thought and is unfortunately not possible by changing just a few bytes in the game's exectuable. It is brutally hard-coded and a lot of manual rewriting was necessary to make it work. Managed to do so a couple of weeks ago, then needed a break from the game as it was a quite daunting task. Will resume work shortly, add some more content and call it a day for now. Sorry to those who are waiting.
« Last Edit: 2022-06-10 03:36:53 by Callisto »

Nesouk

• View Profile
« Reply #723 on: 2022-06-11 20:22:58 »
During the scripted encounter on the way to Odin, you can use Zombie on the Armadodos and then use X-Potions or Curaga spells to finish them off quickly. If you also cast Berserk on them, they won't be able use their Earthquake attack, which might save some more time. The Chimera on the other hand is vulnerable to Gravity damage and Slow, so if you use Demi and Slow, it should go down relatively fast.
As for getting Odin, there is no real recommended time, as he is just optional and no longer possesses the valuable Triple spell. If you try to beat him right after getting control of the Garden, it will likely be hard. But at that time, your party members can already have around 3500 HP and solid stats with the right levels and/or junctions. The spells you should have for junctions when trying to tackle him right away are as follows: Regen, Bio, Life, Meltdown, Reflect, Death, Haste and Stop. Pain is also useful if you managed to get a full stock during the NORG event, but is not a must. The most important thing is that you have something effective junctioned your Spirit stat and some AoE heal available.
Enter the sewers from Caraway's mansion and head east until you reach the ladder that leads to the boxes near the Presidential Residence. From there, go one screen to the left and wait there for several seconds until the Iguions "appear" (I would love to make them visible at that place, but due to Deling tool limitations, I can't).

For the scripted fight in Centra you can also use Full-Life on Armadodos after instantly killing them, the Chimera is also vulnerable to Vit 0 which the damage you deal to here quite a bit.
For Odin also recommended to have Stops junctionned to Statut Defense, I personnaly beat him with 2 characters under Shell, one was dealing damage with Double -aga spells the other was healing with Double Cura.
Also kinda cheap but for the all Centra thing you can use the Fast Forward option (F1 on Steam and whatever it is on Remaster), which speed up the game but doesn't speed up the timer. I also like doing Odin early cause he has a Luck-J Scroll to steal, which IIRC is the earliest way to get Luck Junction.

Anyway so I've been finally replaying the mod decide to not do an LP in the end, just recording the boss fight with the Lionheart Mod. Pretty much as good as I remember so far, a little more difficult but otherwise it's manageable.
I don't have much to add to Lionheart Mod I'd say however it started pretty similar to normal mod, I think the first fight I noticed the difference was during the Esthar Soldier fights on Laguna's Second Flashback, they didn't kill me but I definitly notice the increase damage compare to Normal, bosses after that were a little tougher than I remembered (most noticeably Brothers and the second fight with the tank in Horizon for me), Diablos was more challenging that what I remembered which is good.

Obviously the Hardest I got so far was the re-encounter with X-ATM092 at Dollet, but that's mainly cause I'm stubborn and wanted to do it before ending Disc 1, which of course means I was terribly underlevel for this fight, but manage to get it after some tries. And there is no much more to say about Disc 1, I'm trying to complete every sidequest compare to last time wher I was going full blind and miss a couple of new sidequests, I like the new optionnal fights.

Finally found these Iguions, maybe could add an hint that the player need to wait somewhere in Caraway's dialog, I thought I had to found some kind of trigger to analyse, so would have honnestly never guessed by myself, the Iguions fight was good think I was a little Underpower for it, but good fight that put Demis and Irvine's AP Ammo to use and the reward is nice.

As for overall balance between character :

-Squall is pretty good quite tanky, and once you get Elemental Attaque Junction unlock and Darkside he can deal some serious damage, his Limit is still quite powerfull to.

-Zell : His Duel can still deal serious damage, altough sadly I'm a bit rusted with him since I haven't played the game in a very long time, I need to derust myself and found my combos back as I forgot them, but he can truly be a beast if you master his Duel (which compare to Vanilla doesn't involve spamming Booya and Top Punch again and again as doing so will lead you nowhere). Early on I admit I just putted him on Berserk a couple of time for extra free damage, since he is terrible at magic.

-Selphie : Second best magic however I feel she outperform the other girls early, due to her Limit being honnestly busted for early game (I didn't want to rely on it tough so I avoid using it), and also having an higher Speed than Quistis or Rinoa which did make a difference on a couple of fights (the X-ATM092 refight notably).

-Quistis : Probably the most versatile character, Elemental Damage, AoE heals, Gravity damage, Mighty Guard, I love her, Blue Mage in general are my thing, tough early game she is not the best having the lowest Magic of the 3 girls and lacking Blue Magic early on.

-Rinoa : Highest Magic Stat, but slower than Selphie, her Angelo Limit are actually quite nice when you can afford to Junction to Str and Mag at the same time, her Angelo Canon is a pretty AoE in fact, I'm avoiding learning Awakening Moon tough, I think I had tackle it somewhere but I think this move is pointless and is more of a burden than anything else, and I don't see the point as if I want an AoE heal through a Limit Break I would much rather use Quistis's White Wind which is more reliable.

-Irvine : Hard to argue just how usefull he is, less Str than Squall or Zell but better speed, and his Limit Break is surprisingly versatile, Normal Shot works well for single target early on, Shotgun for AoE, Demolition Ammo for Crit Fishing, Dark Shot to shut down Mobs, AP Shot to bypass Defense, Irvine has always been my man in this game and it's not gonna change. He sadly can't truly shine as a Critical Damage Dealer early on due to not having access to Luck Junction.

Nesouk

• View Profile
« Reply #724 on: 2022-06-18 22:01:26 »
Well progressing on current playthrough about the Battle of Garden :

-Cerberus : Was an harder fight that I remember, had to try sometime before getting the good set up, main damage dealer was Irvine I realise how much I sleep on his Demolition Ammos they are doing good damage at this point.

-Seifer 2 : Was on easier side really just put 2 of your character on Yellow HP, set Reflect on this 2 and Cover on the third with Protect and Shell and it's gg regardless who you're using as the damage dealer.

-Seifer et Edea : Tough fight especially at the very beginning Maelstrom can give Seifer the opportunity to kill someone pretty easily and for some reason he hits harder than the previous fight, Edea can be annoying with Ebon Wave, Death or Stop, so the hard part is the beginning to set up an surviving their onslaught, once Seifer is down the fight is a lot more easier, took a bit of time cause I wanted to Mug that Royal Crown.

-Abadon : I think this boss is way to easy, but I don't see how we could make him interesting with removing his Zombie statut, cause that's what makes him easy, Curaga ignoring Spr just cheese the shit out of him.

And so I had heard of this new boss in Lunatic Pandora, that was only available when visiting it the first time, also read some time ago in this topic that he was unfair and the only way to truly damaging him without the fight during forever was to spam Moomba, and if you didn't want to do it with Moomba and.....

Well let me tell you the story of a Poor Lonesome Cowboy called Irvine Kineas, that poor cowboy had join his friend, and was willing to give his service, however he was rejected, sometime even labelled as trash and always push aside, he was forced watching his friend risking their life and was left wondering, why did they asked for his help, he could have help, he was begging for the opportunity to show his ability and then with half of the group away they were in the face of a mighty Spider-like robot, that looked almost invincible and then he knew it was HIS time to shine....

Ok enough with the fan-fiction bullshit, ever heard of AP Ammos ? This little beauties are the perfect answer to this kind tough bastard, one shot of this beauty is worth 3000 damage (6000 per crit) which is much more than anything else the party has access to, of course their variable with the Crisis Level and Crit but hey what would be an RPG without these, so yeah just use Irvine with Armor Shot as the main damage dealer, add a support in Zell which, as long as I could keep shell on him, was unkilleable thanks to Auto-Potion + Med Data, Edea was just throwing some Thundagas to add some little damage, use my only Aura Stone to sped up the process I admit, but yeah this fight really wasn't hard or wasn't that long for that matter, it was a pretty fun fight.