Author Topic: (WIP) Final Fantasy VII Climhazzard (PSX Version) King Bomb & Carrot Vids added!  (Read 209029 times)

ff7rules

• View Profile
Liking the ideas keep them coming! thanks! also i will write tutorial on how to do everything when my mod is finished.

DarkVenomandCarnage

• FUTILE EFFORT!
    • View Profile
Since you liked them.

SERAPH SEPHIROTH (Or safer or whatever you call him :-))
Level: 99
HP:100,000,000 (Basic, not boosted or lowered)
MP: 9999
STR:255
DEF:255
MAG:255
MDEF:255
AGIL:255
EVDE:255
attacks: Supernova (now Non-elemental), Wing attack (7,000 aprox) Mighty Guard (Replaces Wall, basically Wall+Haste),
End of Days (kills 2 random party members), Heartless Angel (One HP+ 0 MP), Drain (drains 9998 HP from one charactor)
Ultima, Oblivion ( 16 hit counter VS. KOTR, 562 Damage Per hit), Gravijagun (I wondered where the -90% attack went)
Black Sky ('nother name for comet2, 3000 per hit), Curaga, Regen, Reflect, Dark Soul (Kills one charactor while giving him 100,000 HP back)

BTW, Shattered light is just Dark Nation with a different name, and different stats! :-D

Other ideas
Ultima: Could it hit all parties?
« Last Edit: 2009-05-11 00:39:51 by DarkVenomandCarnage »

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
That isn't hard, it's completely impossible. With 255 vit and mdef all attacks except for ones that ignore defence will do about 100 damage or less (and physical ones will miss with that evade stat).

With 100 million HP you'll need to cast KotR 1000 times to kill him. Even if he didn't fight back, the battle would take days to finish. Since he does fight back (and he'll have more goes than the player with such a high speed stat) you'll run out of recovery items long before then, even if you have 99 of everything.

ff7rules

• View Profile
That isn't hard, it's completely impossible. With 255 vit and mdef all attacks except for ones that ignore defence will do about 100 damage or less (and physical ones will miss with that evade stat).

With 100 million HP you'll need to cast KotR 1000 times to kill him. Even if he didn't fight back, the battle would take days to finish. Since he does fight back (and he'll have more goes than the player with such a high speed stat) you'll run out of recovery items long before then, even if you have 99 of everything.

I agree that is impossible. Theres alot more ways to make a boss hard without going mental with its status. Like have it use an attack that reduces you person to 1 HP (lets say his wing attack) then you could add stats effects too which doesn't only make it harder but more stratetic. You have to really prepare for a battle before going for it thats what an rpg is all about right? Also his HP couls stay the same just booast his defence abit. Now this is gonna be a shock to everyone, there will be NO KOTR materia in my patch. I just find it so cheap. Im also considering getting rid of deathblow because of the trick you can do with that but we will see.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
I'm not bothered by no KotR; I didn't like it either. I think that getting rid of it or making it very dangerous to use (like gjoerulv did) are the only ways to go in a hardcore patch.

And yes, there's a lot more that goes into a challenging RPG (instead of just a hard one, because hard isn't always good) than simply giving the enemies high stats. Raising HP is particularly bad because it doesn't even make a fight much harder (except when it is something in the millions); it just makes an easy fight take longer. Heavy AI editing is really the way to go, but until that becomes easier, adding a few status attacks is a good idea. Even if it doesn't make the fight that much harder for seasoned players, it at least forces them to think about what they are doing and to prepare themselves properly, as you said.

ff7rules

• View Profile
Well about editing the AI its not all that bad if you do 1 make a template and just replace the attacks with what you want its easy. If people want i will post my template and how to use it. Its so all the attacks are random no battle is ever the same but you can change the propabilty of what attack will be next.

tuoppion

This is the best thing in gaming since portal (the PC-game) was released! Ahh, Final Fantasy 7, my favourite game of all times. Great that somebody good soul makes a PSX-hardcore-patch for us who have Vista on pc... ;) Anyway, how long it ideally take to finish? I have thought about start playing FF7 again, but maybe I wait for this cool patch... :)

And ye, I have some ideas for you. But I dunno is them even possible to make:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Optional Jenova fight: Jenova Flux

stat example:

HP: 300 000
MP: Full
Attacks: All the attacks, that Jenova Birth, -Life, and -Dead uses, but more powerfull and without element + Some special attacks (example Illusion Mist: HP to 1 for one character). Also white wind and DeSpell

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chocobo breeding: White Chocobo

-Get the white chocobo for something. And use some optional boss to get the nut for breeding that.

Monster Arena Challenge:

Make it kickass! ;)

Corel Prison's secret:

Have you heard about project0? Google it... There's that empty box in Corel Prison, so make something inside there and hard enemy to guard that box. But not too hard.

Mythril Man:

You have no use for Great Cospel (Aeris 4th limit) in game, so replace it with something more usable.

Easter eggs:

Much of them, we love 'em!

That was all. I hope you comment my opinions :)

-Tuoppi

ff7rules

• View Profile
some smashing ideas there! thats what im talking about! keep em coming! im thinking of making a jenova fight where they are all fused into one.

tuoppion

Great, I think that the Jenova-fight will be the kickass! :D

Here are some more ideas:

The sick man in Midgar:

There is that sick man in Midgar in the tube on sector 8 near the church on CD-1. Can you make that when on CD-3 you can get back to Midgar with the key, the man is there, and ask you to deliver something (the potion) for him? Then He gives you mysterious talisman that you need to use fore something (Example deliver it for somebody else)

Save Crystals:

Add two more Save Crystals in the Northern Cave (My personal opinion of course)

Rare enemy fight:

Make some nasty enemy on CD-3 that is very very rare and you can encounter it anywhere. But like so that you can beat it only once, and get the great reward.

Example: Mysterious Pot

HP: 100 000 or lower (It need to be tested how hard it is when he/she mimics everything)
Attacks: Mime (Copy your last move)
Special: Wants some item

Sephiroth's Clone fight:

Use Sephiroth's model to make this fight. Fight is optional and is located on Nibelheim reactor on CD-3

Stats:

HP: 200 000
Attacks: Ultima, Shadow Flare, Physical Attack, Cure3, Wall, DeSpell

1 / 35 Soldiers:

Make them actually 35 and HIDE! them all over the world, make it non-sell and non-use item. But DON'T! hide them in places where you can't get than once
When you get every soldier, you need to use them for something and you get the great reward.

Ancient City and The White Materia:

After Aeris dead, you can't get to that place 'cause of that bastard MR. FISH AND THE GANG (the algae). Make it so that you can bribe them for entering that place. You need to pay 1 000 000 every time you enter.
But you can get the White Materia from there.

Okey, that bribe thing was kinda a joke, but it would be super cool if you can do that :)

That was all today, tell me how you like them ;)

ff7rules

• View Profile
some great ideas there  however i don't think the sick man ones are possible unless i copy the code from disc 1 over that of disc 3s and change the dialogue that could work. The sephiroth clone fight i was actually planning this! i made the the boss fight alot more harder http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRj9l0ErTM0 can see that vid there. Rare enemy fight if i was to make it the whole world map that would be really difficult but for one certain place it would be easy enough. Im going to make ghost ship as hard as rock and you don't morph it you just have to beat it. the soilders not much i can do with them tbh.

squallff8

• View Profile
BTW,what about Jumbo Cactuar idea?Will it be in the final patch?Or you not use him? :?
Maybe you'll make him visible like in FF8?

ff7rules

• View Profile
BTW,what about Jumbo Cactuar idea?Will it be in the final patch?Or you not use him? :?

He will still be in but its impossible to make him visable like ff8.

Aurenasek116

• View Profile

The sick man in Midgar:

There is that sick man in Midgar in the tube on sector 8 near the church on CD-1. Can you make that when on CD-3 you can get back to Midgar with the key, the man is there, and ask you to deliver something (the potion) for him? Then He gives you mysterious talisman that you need to use fore something (Example deliver it for somebody else)

Looks like someone didn't pay attention to storyline. That sick man in midgar was one of Sephiroth clones that were supposed to take part in Reunion, he had a tatoo that confirmed it, basicly he's long dead by the time you reach CD3.

Edit: Forgot to put closed quote tag lol.
« Last Edit: 2009-05-13 13:21:27 by Aurenasek116 »

tuoppion

<quote>Looks like someone didn't pay attention to storyline. That sick man in midgar was one of Sephiroth clones that were supposed to take part in Reunion, he had a tatoo that confirmed it, basicly he's long dead by the time you reach CD3</quote>

Hmm I didn't know that, maybe because of my bad english, but now I know one thing more :)

squallff8

• View Profile

He will still be in but its impossible to make him visable like ff8.

So make this battle avaliable only on 3d CD  :wink: 

-Ric-

• View Profile
hum 1 question, is Kernel.bin file the same on all 3 psx cd's?

hotdog963al

• Horse
    • View Profile
    • Horse HQ
hum 1 question, is Kernel.bin file the same on all 3 psx cd's?
Yep, it's loaded when you boot the game.
So you start up the game with Disc 1 in, load a Disc 3 save... then swap disc to Disc 3, and you'll be using the Disc 1's Kernel!

Best to keep them the same... but then again you can always play your modded game saves on a non-modded copy of the game anyway, so it doesn't really matter.

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
yeah.. its hard to make a patch or a mod work on vista the same as it worked on an xp... only comp i got is a vista  :-(

The Seer of Shadows

• I used to be indecisive. But now, I'm not sure...
    • View Profile
Here are a few or my ideas, just in case any of them inspire you:

Make a rare, powerful enemy that occasionally appears somewhere - anywhere - and make it drop a Save Crystal for the final dungeon (allowing you to create more than one save point there).  Also edit the Save Crystal with WM so that it does something if you use it in battle, just so that it still has some use after creating a dozen save points in the last dungeon.  Maybe give it the Fury Brand effect.

Make an enemy that uses all 20 Enemy Skills (*might* involve a lot of AI work...) and make it appear late in the game.

When it comes to fighting human bosses such as Rufus or the Turks, rename their attacks to make them taunt you.  I'm thinking something like renaming Rufus's Shotgun to "I will make you suffer" or something like that (though I realize that's a little out of his character).

hotdog963al

• Horse
    • View Profile
    • Horse HQ
When it comes to fighting human bosses such as Rufus or the Turks, rename their attacks to make them taunt you.  I'm thinking something like renaming Rufus's Shotgun to "I will make you suffer" or something like that (though I realize that's a little out of his character).
"You suffer, but why?"

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
i think thats too long of a title for a simple attack lol

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
Well, as long as it fits in the dialogue box at the top of the screen, it's fine, right?  Some bosses already have battle quotes like Reno saying "Let's call it a day" at the end of the last battle against the Turks.

Though I understand that this is slightly different, since renaming Rufus's Shotgun to "You suffer, but why?" (nice quote, btw) would cause that quote to appear every ten to twenty seconds.  That would be quite tiresome, unless some other attacks with different quotes are thrown into his arsenal.  This is just an idea.  If done at all, it might be better just to rename certain, more powerful attacks that the bosses don't use very often.

ff7rules

• View Profile
I like how much you guys are getting into this :D
Anyway why not have him say "Take this!!" or "Dodge this!!"  or maybe even "try and survive this!" s(wouyld be good for a new special attack hint hint)something small worded and straight to the chase.

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
OR u when u hit him with any atk (since i assume he will be REALLY hard) he can say "Don't make me laugh - hahaha" and then he does that stance where he stands and laughs... and of course he counterattacks with a 2x-cut [shot in this case] or something... is that good?

The Seer of Shadows

• View Profile
In regards to Rufus, he should either have weak attacks that just keep on coming or really strong attacks that he uses sparingly.  Considering the size of his gun, I would lean towards the latter.

As he is the president of Shinra, he should be quite formiddable.  What I have in mind is that he should have a fairly high evasion stat, but powerfully counterattack whenever he takes magic damage.  Be careful while editting his AI if you decide to do this, or he might end up counterattacking Dark Nation whenever he is hit by Barrier or MBarrier.

One more thing: Rufus's Shotgun isn't a long range attack.  That needs fixing.  Also, I would put him in the back row.  As for Dark Nation, his physical attack should inflict Poison!  And if you want a *really* difficult battle, why only have one Dark Nation?  There should be four of them!

(Don't mind me, I may be getting a little too into this...)