Author Topic: (WIP) Final Fantasy VII Climhazzard (PSX Version) King Bomb & Carrot Vids added!  (Read 210493 times)

The Seer of Shadows

• I used to be indecisive. But now, I'm not sure...
    • View Profile
There's an old man in Rocket Town who gives you Cid's ultimate weapon if you talk to him several times after the rocket takes off.  So yeah, it's possible.

gamefac

• View Profile

Sure, well no these bosses are added none are replaced, i found a way to add bosses on the field using hack7. All I do is use monsters that aren't on that disc so i can alter them as i see fit. I do this byfinding the field file i want and literally inseting the battle anywhere you want. Before a save point for example if you wish or after certain trigger like your exampling obtaining materia. You need the Battle digits for this so you know what monsters what so here ya go mate.

#1 Interesting.. how do you activate a random battle just by talking to a save point? What file (.DAT) can I obtain to get an example of how to "insert the battle anywhere"?

#2 And what do i do with the battle digits? Can you give me an example of how to use the battle digits ff7rules?

#3 I just finished downloading the Hack'7 program. I know how to open .DAT files, but that is as far as i can go of understanding. I hope you (ff7rules) or someone can help me.

hotdog963al

• Horse
    • View Profile
    • Horse HQ
You can script anything in...
Check out these field opcodes.

The most important thing to be careful of are IF statements, as you will have to alter the amount of bytes it jumps.

ff7rules

• View Profile
thanks for this hotdog will be usefull for people who didn't know, also this project is 100% go!

EDIT: I have changed the name of this project for obvoius reason.
« Last Edit: 2009-08-20 18:39:38 by ff7rules »

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
Climhazzard, eh? :-P

ff7rules

• View Profile
Yeah sounds more orginial don't you like it? :P

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
I like Climhazzard. Sounds non-piraty lol

Chalkie

• View Profile
Oh! I just had a thought. Hows about on the bombing mission before you set the bomb a message appears asking:

"How long do you want to set the timer for?"

Yup that's right.

A choice to how long you want to set the clock for, like in FF8. And in the end depending on the time you chose you get a different reward. Maybe you get given the reward when you get back to 7th Heaven. For example if you set it to 5 minutes you get an Elixir, or something like that.

The Seer of Shadows

• I used to be indecisive. But now, I'm not sure...
    • View Profile
That sounds like a LOT of work.  It's a cool idea, if anyone is up to it...

hotdog963al

• Horse
    • View Profile
    • Horse HQ
Surely that would involve adding a choice menu, then depending on the result, set a variable which will be used when setting the clock.
I'd have a go, but I'm suck at the opcode "If" statements.  :oops:

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
Hmm, from a storyline point of view, it's plausible.

Perhaps the reward would be part of the pay Cloud gets from Barret (maybe he gets 2500 gil if he picks the shortest time and only 500 if he picks the longest time). Or you could be given something by a random person in sector 8. Or a random object could turn up just after the explosion.

We'd also have to decide what the potential times could be. I think that 3:00, 5:00 and 10:00 would be a good idea (but maybe longer to make up for the extra time you spend fighting the harder battles).

secondadvent

• View Profile
and from my experience, you always fight at least two battles on the way out, so it would probably be around 5 min, i don't think i've ever gotten there in under 3 normally, but i do like to take my time... even when life is on the line  :lol:.

depending on the strength of the enemies, and how difficult it is to flee/kill them quickly, the times could be 5, 10, and 15, or just 5, 8 and 10 :P. the prize could be extra money for the middle, a potion for the highest time (to be evil :P), and either a piece of materia, such as quake, which you do not get for a while normally, or even just bigger money boost/higher item like an elixir.

also, i am not entirely sure how much can be put onto the psx image, you'd likely have to rearrange everything on the disk if there wasn't enough free space in the file you were editing, or something compressed too big (kernel and scene issues), so you may be pretty limited in that category  :|.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
Ah, I didn't think about that. A lot of field scenes in the PC version are full of unneeded text, so it might be possible to make it work, unless the scripts and the dialogue are in different files for the PSX (and they may well be).

hotdog963al

• Horse
    • View Profile
    • Horse HQ
Yeah- to fit in more script, you have to cut down dialogue, which is a shame.

HOWEVER- the bombing mission fields all have the same dialogue, so you can cut out *lots* of text that the specific field doesn't use and add more scripts.
So it's entirely possible for this idea, but much more difficult for any other part of the game.  :-)

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
Ah, I didn't think about that. A lot of field scenes in the PC version are full of unneeded text, so it might be possible to make it work, unless the scripts and the dialogue are in different files for the PSX (and they may well be).

Ah, it seems that we'll be able to get away with it because both dialogue and field scripts are in the .dat files.

Chalkie

• View Profile
Is it possible to add new bosses because you could put a boss battle at the end of the Ancient Forest to make it more challenging.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
Yes it is, although I don't know of any tools that can edit the field script for DAT files. I know that 7mimic can edit the dialogue, but I'm not sure whether it can do this.

ff7rules

• View Profile
Expect a huge update on this tonight sorry i haven't been on in a while but will make up for it tonight.

zer0x4

• View Profile
Expect a huge update on this tonight sorry i haven't been on in a while but will make up for it tonight.

u mean like a beta release or just pics

ff7rules

• View Profile

u mean like a beta release or just pics

More a demo of what to expect

Immortal Damyn

• Lord of the Twilight
    • View Profile
so wait... what happened to this project? i know this is months old, but at the same time, it sounds really good.

ff7rules

• View Profile
so wait... what happened to this project? i know this is months old, but at the same time, it sounds really good.

This project is still alive , I have finished disc one and am now on disc 2. I have had problems with field editing.

Immortal Damyn

• Lord of the Twilight
    • View Profile
right on, glad its still here. i was kinda sad when i saw the topic just kinda end. this would be a good improvement on a great game. i'd offer help, but im very poor in the ways of video game editing. as in, i dont know my head from my foot in this category. anyway, good luck, im rooting for you and your project

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
By "have had problems", do you mean that you've figured it out now?

In any case, I'm very glad to see that this project is still going. I don't really have time to contribute ATM, but I really hope that this mod gets finished; a PSX difficulty mod would be great for the vast majority of FF7 fans, who only have the PSX version. :)

ff7rules

• View Profile
Yeah a friend is doing all the field editing for me the reason this project is taking so long is because its all me and i plan on working on so much time flies so damn fast, Well i do have a suggestion if it was only bosses made harder i could have this all done next month. But if its all enemies itll take me till the end of the year to get it the way I want it.