Miscellaneous Forums > Bootleg Questions

Bootleg with new battle interface + Aali 0.8.1b

(1/2) > >>

eXistenZe:
Hey there.

Anyone tried bootleg install and override aali driver with the new version?
Only two problems come right away for me: no sound on FMV and the black bar on battle interface, even with the texture_cache_size = 1024.
Any solution for these or are any other problems likely to occur?

Best regards.

Kaldarasha:
The extended battle interface isn't part of Aali's driver anymore and the music is now played directly through a plugin if the files are correct named and placed. DLPB has updated his mods for the new driver which should solve your problems.

eXistenZe:
Thanks.

So a restore of original FF7.exe and install of THE REUNION mod should solve the problem, right?
I wonder which other mods modified the exe that need reinstall (the hardcore mod and a few others, I guess).

Music plays wonderfully with AH. Music from the videos do not. Am I supposed to install some codec?

Vgr:
I haven't tested Aali's latest driver, so I don't know what changed, but IIRC what Kaldarasha said plus no more disable_popup. You might need to tweak your settings a bit, but I think it's compatible.

Very few mods alter the exe. IIRC only Nightmare and Hardcore do. The exe holds limit break data and shop data.

EQ2Alyza:
Reasonable Difficulty and Hardcore are the only ones that I've tested to work with Aali 0.8.1b + The Reunion. You need to always install the difficulty mods first, then Reunion over top of it. The tests I did were not using Bootleg installs however. I used all the standalone .exe for them and modded with 7H afterwards.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version