Author Topic: 7th Heaven - will Beacause translation come to 7H?  (Read 18037 times)

jons

• View Profile
I think the ultimate experience would be using all the graphical and game play mods from 7h, alongside the overhauled translation. At the moment thats not currently possible. Is there any way to get the translation to work with 7h?

LordUrQuan

• Alpha testing your worst nightmares
  • LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
Re: 7th Heaven - will Beacause translation come to 7H?
« Reply #1 on: 2020-04-20 13:16:52 »
I think the ultimate experience would be using all the graphical and game play mods from 7h, alongside the overhauled translation. At the moment thats not currently possible. Is there any way to get the translation to work with 7h?
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=19586.0

kiddavidacus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2020-04-22 02:16:32 »

You can get the most popular graphical and gameplay mods with Reunion without 7H. I already a few hours in with Reunion + New Threat 1.5 + Satsuki Upscale Textures .

Luckily reunion framework makes it pretty straight forward with enabling a custom mod folder.

jonthecpa

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2020-05-02 06:27:49 »
You can get the most popular graphical and gameplay mods with Reunion without 7H. I already a few hours in with Reunion + New Threat 1.5 + Satsuki Upscale Textures .

Luckily reunion framework makes it pretty straight forward with enabling a custom mod folder.

Do you by chance have a link to instructions on how to install Reunion + Satsuki? I've been running 7H mods, but I want to disable NT and just load Reunion for the translation and Satsuki for the models.

Barachiel

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2020-05-17 15:22:16 »
I'd like instructions on adding mods in the Custom folder in Reunion, in general.  This seems to be something everyone knows, but no one explains, at least that I can find. 

Barachiel

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2020-05-17 15:39:11 »
And after some more diligent searching, I finally found an answer.  I don't see a way to edit my previous post, so here's a new one. 

For who is playing Reunion 06c and had my same questions/issues please see below.
I thought was fine to share and help:

1) I dunno how to add my favourite mod :c
Simply download your favourite mod, per example let's download any remastered field and copy paste all the field folders in The_Reunion, CUSTOM, yourmodname, Texture, field
C:\Games\Final Fantasy VII Steam Edition\The_Reunion\CUSTOM\yourmodname\Texture\field
then go in The Reunion folder and open Options.ini make sure you write this right Mod_ID = yourmodname
save it and play the game.

Now, the above you can apply for any other textures or mod, per example:
-Avatars goes in CUSTOM\yourmodname\Texture\menu
-Prelude screen goes in CUSTOM\yourmodname\Texture\cr
-Thinbars (from Menu_Enhanced_Stock_UI_1.0) goes in CUSTOM\yourmodname\Texture\menu (this is not fully compatible though)
-Upscaled Movies goes in CUSTOM\yourmodname\Direct\movies
-Upscaled Magics see number 4 below.
-Upscaled Battle Textures (584 files, ENEMY, STAGE, etc.) goes in CUSTOM\yourmodname\Texture\battle
-etc.

2) I dunhave numpad, pointer is not moving, got a problem with input/keyboard, cannot start teh game :c
Simply download this file and place it in your FFVII root folder. Not yet working? Well then play with joystick.

2-bis) I would like to play with the D-Pad on the joystick and not with analog sticks. :c
Simply use a 3rd party mapping tool JoyToKey and set/ your POV as "UP arrow" clicking the same ↑ from your keyboard, do the same for the other buttons, save the setting, keep open the software and play the game. Now you can use D-pad on your joystick.

3) My mod it's in .iro format I dunno what to do :c
Simply download IroNite and extract the files with it, now you can place and use the mod as mentioned above in point 1.

4) My Upscaled Magic textures aren't loading, I dunno what to do :c
Simply place these files "RAIN7, SEFFECT1, SEFFECT2, SEFFECT3, etc." (82 files total) into following folder:
C:\Games\Final Fantasy VII Steam Edition\The_Reunion\CUSTOM\yourmodname\Texture\battle
Instead for the subfolders such as "blue, limit, limit2, limit3, magic, special, summon, weapon" (8 folders total) + "amax, a1, alex1, alex2, etc." (1522 files total) into following folder:
C:\Games\Final Fantasy VII Steam Edition\The_Reunion\CUSTOM\yourmodname\Texture\magic
then go in The Reunion folder and open Options.ini make sure you write this right Mod_ID = yourmodname
save it and play the game.

5) Screen tearing issue
Simply make sure the option vsync is on y (yes) inside your Options.ini file.
Save Options.ini and play.
What is it and other solutions:
- https://dailytechposts.com/screen-tearing-fixed/
- https://autohotkey.com/board/topic/114598-borderless-windowed-mode-forced-fullscreen-script-toggle/
- http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=15214.msg212938#msg212938

6) I downloaded the translation in my own language (not english), I don't know how to use it :c
Simply go in:
C:\Games\Final Fantasy VII Steam Edition\The_Reunion\BASE\New_Translation
Rename New_Translation in New_Translation_Eng (to have a backup) then proceed with moving the translation in your language inside the aforementioned folder and ensure name will be New_Translation; as well make sure that the option New Translation is on y (yes) inside your Options.ini file.
However note that the Translation in your language should have a proper R06c porting created by the modder to be compatible with Reunion otherwise it's useless. Save Options.ini and play.

-Please note if you changed translation in your language certain files if not loaded should be moved to the following folder:
(ONLY applied for Italian porting so far)

C:\Games\Final Fantasy VII Steam Edition\The_Reunion\GLOBAL\Texture\menu
The above it's for the avatar for example. While for magic you will move to:
C:\Games\Final Fantasy VII Steam Edition\The_Reunion\GLOBAL\texture\battle
C:\Games\Final Fantasy VII Steam Edition\The_Reunion\GLOBAL\texture\magic

Also ALWAYS make sure to read FULLY the first post and the help file of Reunion.

DBZFan102

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2020-05-18 01:45:44 »
I don't get it, Beacause is a translation mod. It should be easy to make a version of that that's compatible with 7th Heaven, right? I'm asking because as of right now, it's impossible for me to use Reunion without the controls bugging out. And 7th Heaven is just a lot more intuitive.

strife98

• Global moderator
  • Doink!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2020-05-18 02:39:11 »
I don't get it, Beacause is a translation mod. It should be easy to make a version of that that's compatible with 7th Heaven, right? I'm asking because as of right now, it's impossible for me to use Reunion without the controls bugging out. And 7th Heaven is just a lot more intuitive.

hasteroth

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2020-05-18 16:01:26 »

Thing is that New Threat breaks Beacause, they aren't compatible unfortunately.

DBZFan102

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2020-05-18 17:07:07 »

Someone else already posted that link, I already read it. It certainly didn't answer my question. Why should a retranslation mod be incompatible with anything aside from other such mods?
« Last Edit: 2020-05-18 17:12:11 by DBZFan102 »

DBZFan102

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2020-05-18 17:08:55 »
Thing is that New Threat breaks Beacause, they aren't compatible unfortunately.

If I recall, the Jessie mod also isn't compatible with Reunion. It's highly frustrating to be stuck between these two mutually-exclusive mod managers that have so many problems.

hasteroth

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2020-05-18 17:17:57 »
Someone else already posted that link, I already read it. It certainly didn't answer my question. Why should a retranslation mod be incompatible with anything aside from other such mods?

Simple answer is that Beacause greatly modifies flevel.lgp which makes it incompatible with any other mod that does so, such as New Threat.

LordUrQuan

• Alpha testing your worst nightmares
  • LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2020-05-18 18:16:04 »
Why should a retranslation mod be incompatible with anything aside from other such mods?
It's not.  DLPB has made it abundantly clear that he does not want Beacause (or any other portion of Reunion) ported to the 7H ecosystem. Asked and answered.  End of story.  Game over.  Further whinging about it will likely result in moderators' wrath.