Author Topic: custom backgrounds  (Read 5934 times)

Cupcake

• And then it dawned on me, that Satan is also an old fuck.
    • View Profile
custom backgrounds
« on: 2006-09-23 15:22:39 »
seriously, i know cosmo can export the backgrounds, and i can edit the backgrounds, but it can't import them, are there any tools that allow me to do such things?  just curious

Borde

• View Profile
Re: custom backgrounds
« Reply #1 on: 2006-09-23 17:07:27 »
I think there is one: Meteor. It also let's you edit the script of the game. Personally, I can't tell you if it works well or not, I haven't tried it.

zero88

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006-09-23 17:10:47 »
Just to clarify: I think even if you reinsert the backgrounds, the game will resize them and they will still look crappy, so you may be able to have whatever background look like whatever you want, but the resolution will revert.

Cupcake

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006-09-23 17:13:54 »
the resolution isn't what i want, i just wanna make custom backgrounds, make little "easter eggs" perhaps backgrounds that some will deem inappropriate, or maybe just move things around

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006-09-23 17:20:08 »
zero88:
You probably are right about that but filtering can always be done hehe.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006-09-23 17:30:27 »
stormmedia, many of us have tried filtering backgrounds for higher resolutions in the past. So far, in-game filtering has pretty much always led either to the dreaded grids, or flourescent outlines around all the objects in the background that have their own layers.

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006-09-23 19:59:19 »
Or, in my last attempt (forcing the game to leave the backgrounds unstretched and putting back resized versions of them), to a plain crash :-P.
There's still hope, though. The Saint is still working on that.

Cupcake

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006-09-23 20:12:12 »
i just wanna make custom backgrounds not super Ãœber amazing high quality backgrounds, i just wanna hide things in the backgrounds, like the little red guy in corel prison

Synergy Blades

« Reply #8 on: 2006-09-23 20:14:56 »
Meteor will eventually let you do it, it's just not quite ready yet.  :-D

Cupcake

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006-09-24 03:40:37 »
ok, eventually, cool, because a few min before i posted this i saw Meteor, and didn't quite know if it was gonna do that, cool man, if you want me to design stuff, lemme know (i mean i can't build the interface, but i can make a mock up on my mac with Photoshop)

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006-09-24 15:49:39 »
Covarr, Borde

Well sorry for this I didn't know... it has been a while that I didn't came here so I'm don't realy know all the stuff that has been done here since I left the last time.

Sorry again.

halkun

• Global moderator
  • NicoNico :)
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #11 on: 2006-09-25 01:00:14 »
the resolution isn't what i want, i just wanna make custom backgrounds, make little "easter eggs" perhaps backgrounds that some will deem inappropriate, or maybe just move things around

OMG! Gaint Penis in Wonder Square LOLOLOLOL!!!!!!!!!

One of the reasons why I like hacking FF7 so much. It's easy to read out the data files, but insanely difficult to re-insert new data into the game.

This goes along the same lines as no-talent "hard modes" and attempts to get Tifa to run around nakid and her boobies hanging out.

Have some respect for the game, and the orignal people who made it, OK?

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006-09-25 01:40:47 »
It would be cool to take leave the game mostly the same, but redo the visual style. If I were doing this, I'd attempt to make it look brighter and cel-shaded. I'd also add more detail to the original character models, but keep the basic style.

Asdayasman13

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006-09-25 11:53:14 »
Wasn't this the backgrounds modding thread?

Although I would like to have some animated backgrounds, perhaps a television somewhere with, um, stuff on.  Like er, a moogle!  Yeah...

:-P

idster

« Reply #14 on: 2006-09-28 13:10:37 »

One of the reasons why I like hacking FF7 so much. It's easy to read out the data files, but insanely difficult to re-insert new data into the game.

This goes along the same lines as no-talent "hard modes" and attempts to get Tifa to run around nakid and her boobies hanging out.

Oh..god...

Asdayasman13

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006-09-28 14:57:06 »
Idster, please stop putting completely random posts just to boost your post count.  If you're going to post, post something worthwhile and relevant.

Cupcake

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006-09-28 20:23:13 »

i have an AMAZING amount of respect for the game, hell, it's my #1 favorite game of all time, and i never said i WOULD make the inappropriate backgrounds, i just said that because once we can do that, sooner or later, someone will make them, so might as well  mention them from the get go

Asdayasman13

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006-09-28 22:03:06 »
I think it was a bad idea.

Still, votes on a giant square wonder penis?  You know what I mean...