Read this first! > FAQs and Tutorials

[Guide] Make DS 4 and DS 3 work on FFVII PC (without any third party software)

<< < (3/4) > >>

WhiteShadow11:
Hello, does this work for DS4Windows too?

MrBaynie:
Hi,

I tried everything in this post, but it doesn't work for me.

When I launch scpad2Vjoy, I can see in Vjoy Monitor that the D-pad is recognized as the analog stick, so this part is good.

When I launch FF7, I can remap the controller in the settings, the D-pad is recognized. Everything looks fine.
But still, when I launch the actual game, the controller does nothing, even if the pad is detected by the config tool of the game.
No buttons work at all, not just the D-Pad.

Does anybody has an idea about this?

Edit:

I found the solution on the PCSX2 forum, i will describe the solution if ever somebody else has the same problem:

FF7 uses the preffered controller from the windows option. When you use scp toolkit, your DS3 is emulated as an XBOX360 controller, so the preferred device is the XBOX360 controller.
When you launch scpad2Vjoy, the DS3 is now recognized as a vjoy gamepad, so it is no longer the prefered device, and FF7 won't work.

Go to "Set up USB game controllers" in control panel/settings, find the vjoy controller and then click the "Advanced..." button to configure the vjoy device as you preferred controller.

Edit 2:

The file "Default_vjConfig.txt" must be placed in the "SCPad2Vjoy -V1.6" folder, not the directory of ScpToolkit.
It took me a while to figure that out.

zzzplayer:
1.)

--- Quote ---FF7 uses the preffered controller from the windows option. When you use scp toolkit, your DS3 is emulated as an XBOX360 controller, so the preferred device is the XBOX360 controller.
When you launch scpad2Vjoy, the DS3 is now recognized as a vjoy gamepad, so it is no longer the prefered device, and FF7 won't work.

Go to "Set up USB game controllers" in control panel/settings, find the vjoy controller and then click the "Advanced..." button to configure the vjoy device as you preferred controller.
--- End quote ---

You typically don't need to manually set the Preferred Device setting. When you start "DirectInput Wrapper for SCP Driver" (ScpPad2vJoy.exe), the program automatically sets the Preferred Device for old programs for the controller as "vJoy Device".

I never had to manually set the Preferred Device setting. When I turn on ScpPad2vJoy.exe, the Preferred Device is automatically set to "vJoy Device"; when I turn off ScpPad2vJoy.exe, the Preferred Device returns to "None".

Maybe you've multiple controllers on your system that caused this problem or you may have once manually force set the Preferred Device to the wrong device.

2.)

--- Quote ---The file "Default_vjConfig.txt" must be placed in the "SCPad2Vjoy -V1.6" folder, not the directory of ScpToolkit.
--- End quote ---

This is a communication issue.

In the original tutorial, I *implied* that the files of "ScpPad2vJoy" zip archive is extracted into the same directory as the ScpToolkit installation directory, which is *typically* "C:\Program Files\Nefarius Software Solutions\ScpToolkit".

I made such implication because "ScpPad2vJoy" is essence an addon to "ScpToolkit" and only has four files.

By default, ScpPad2vJoy loads the "Default_vjConfig.txt" file from the same directory where its binary resides.

Hence, given the above scenario, the tutorial was correct that the "Default_vjConfig.txt" file will be loaded from the same diretory as ScpToolkit IF "ScpPad2vJoy" installed into the ScpToolkit directory.

If you had chosen to install ScpPad2vJoy into a different diretory, then the directory in which the "Default_vjConfig.txt" file is loaded from will of course be different.

Regardless, the "Load Config" button exists and you can always load the config from whatever location.

Of course, I should have been more explicit about the "ScpPad2vJoy" directory; also, there are benefits to extract ScpPad2vJoy files into a separate directory (e.g. the user may intend to have multiple config files in the future and may not want to have them mix up with "ScpToolkit" files).

I've revised the tutorial to clarify this point.

principealex1:
Following this guide D-Pad should work, but analog no more right?, there's no way to make both work?

zzzplayer:

--- Quote from: principealex1 on 2018-07-11 11:08:13 ---Following this guide D-Pad should work, but analog no more right?, there's no way to make both work?

--- End quote ---

Please see the updated guide at the top of the opening post above. With the above Steam controller config setup, both the D-PAD and Left Analog stick can work. Left Analog stick can also be toggled for auto-run. The Steam controller config above shall work for both DS3 and DS4.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version