Final Fantasy 8 > Releases

[FF8PC-Steam] Project AngelWing v3.0 - Field Upscale

<< < (2/28) > >>

FatedCourage:

--- Quote from: Nedus on 2017-04-03 12:20:10 ---I made some screens, first with project eden and then with angelwing. Some areas really look better now (sharpened, "less pixelated").

The only "downside" i've noticed is here:

The light sources look...well,no longer light sources, compared to project eden

(Don't mind the pixelation here. Apparently that's because i have the italian versione of the game and it has something to do with hashcodes. Not that i mind tho).

Exept for that, this looks awesome (to be clear: so far i've done very few screeshots-comparison, only inside Balamb's Garden).
Thank you for your work on this FatedCourage :)

--- End quote ---

I'll look into why the lighting doesn't seem to work properly. It might only be limited to a few areas since the lighting does work in a majority of areas. Even areas in your comparison pictures for Eden/AngelWing. And yeah, AngelWing isn't an extremely vast improvement. Just a sharper image. And less glitches.

You're welcome. :)

--- Quote from: Maki on 2017-04-03 13:22:42 ---That's really good one!

--- End quote ---

Haha. I'm glad. :)

Edit: Good news. I fixed the lighting for those areas. At least, they now work for me. I'll upload a separate patch soon for it. :)

Edit 2: Actually... On second thought, they appear to have been working correctly before, too. Does anyone else have lighting issues?

Mirrorman95:
Real nice job here. I've been looking forward to these waifu2x backgrounds for a while now. Was maximum noise reduction used?

Covarr:
This is one of the best looking upscales I've seen. I really appreciate that you've gone for a more natural look than some.

FatedCourage:

--- Quote from: Mirrorman95 on 2017-04-03 21:05:55 ---Real nice job here. I've been looking forward to these waifu2x backgrounds for a while now. Was maximum noise reduction used?

--- End quote ---

Thank you. :) First pass was with no noise reduction. I only used the maximum on the second pass. Luckily, very little detail was lost from what I could tell.

--- Quote from: Covarr on 2017-04-03 21:07:31 ---This is one of the best looking upscales I've seen. I really appreciate that you've gone for a more natural look than some.

--- End quote ---

Thanks. Glad you think so. :) That was my goal from the start. If I would've went with UpRGB rather than UpPhoto, then I would've gotten what I like to call the "noodle effect". And on landscapes it's...horrible. Plus RGB mode somehow wipes away more detail when combined with noise reduction.

Faendra:
Waouh, a better quality than eden and without loss of detail :O (Well for me). Actually it's more detailed and the pictures aren't distorted like some "upscale" we can see on others games. Really great job ! 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version