Author Topic: Bring it on?  (Read 28621 times)

secondadvent

• View Profile
Re: Bring it on?
« Reply #50 on: 2009-09-22 07:12:54 »
no items reactor one in my mod is impossible  :oops:.

you are kept alive by items, especially since you start out at level 1, and you only have the MP to cast thunder/blizzard thrice (cure is 8 mp, and would only be able to be used twice), and GS alone takes a few ethers, or a ton of grenades/shrapnel to kill. potions heal 200 HP in battle, which is needed especially since his laser can do that much to both of you :P.

wow... GS can easily be killed by a level 25 cloud with thundara, and the best equipment by the gold saucer, so it may be an arena fight at some point... same with many of the other bosses (possibly coupled with some other enemies as well), so my arena should end up being a place to see a lot of the bosses again, sans the jenova fights (just wouldn't feel right :-P). most of the early enemies will be strong when you fight them, and give you trouble if you overlevel at that point in the game, but once you obtain better equipment, they will seem much easier. but the northern crater enemies will be suited to ward off even a level 99 party with the best equips, so the final stretch of the game will be fairly difficult :wink:. i think i will also go as far as to make all of the NC battles unable to be fled from, just to make things that much harder on your party... a real test of your endurance, as a final dungeon should be  :evil:

not that i am going to get there any time soon, it is just a thought... i am putting a lot of time into the start, when it will be the least visited area of the game, and should not be extremely tough anyway because of the limited amount of resources.
« Last Edit: 2009-09-22 11:11:01 by secondadvent »

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2009-09-23 06:33:11 »
One would think the end would be a better place to start beefing up the AI...

secondadvent

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2009-09-23 07:10:45 »
edit: reduced massive post  :lol:

here is my first reactor data, and should be pretty decent for now. going to work on more here soon.

PrC
WM

edit2: fix'd mono drive mistake... they now use fire 1/3 of the time (as i intended), not 2/3 of the time, so a large group is less evil then they were.

edit3: added the new WM patch that includes the text changes... not sure if i will keep all of the current renames (mainly for me :-P), but for now they shall stay.

*is in the process of finding all of the gba version of FFVI's data... currently found the enemy names/data, and many other textual stuff*
« Last Edit: 2009-10-16 05:35:10 by secondadvent »

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #53 on: 2009-10-19 15:22:22 »
I'd been thinking about creating a proper homebrew hardcore for a while. Namely, a variant of the Queen Ochu who saps the player's health (could always use the Seizue status - it's been sat there nearly 13 years without doing anything, after all), inflicts nasty statuses and all sorts of wonderful stuff.

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2009-10-20 00:48:23 »
I've heard that before... when was it ever called "seizure" status?

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #55 on: 2009-10-20 06:46:38 »
Seizure is a dummied-out status, the opposite of regen. Inflicted chars. suffer 1/32 damage per 4 v-units.

It was going to be implemented as part of Waterpolo's bubble, but was instead replaced by a different script.

It exists in-game, though there's no associated status-colour. Faster than poison, and not elemental.

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2009-10-20 08:25:56 »
Yeah... I'm kind of aware of that, but when was it called "seizure"? Where'd that name come from?

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #57 on: 2009-10-20 13:10:08 »
The "Dual Drain" itself is a sort of seizure status, but it doesn't work without Dual on the character.

The name "seizure" comes from FFVI where a few enemies can perform certain attacks that would cause it. It's like Poison, but the only way to cure it is to win the battle.

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #58 on: 2009-10-20 13:48:53 »
Yeah... I'm kind of aware of that, but when was it called "seizure"? Where'd that name come from?

FF5?
« Last Edit: 2011-01-01 22:18:53 by Bosola »

secondadvent

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2009-11-21 16:05:04 »
I am guessing that you still do not have the time to test any of these? I am planning on starting back up my mod and continuing on to the next section (yay for air buster >_>), but I do not have any opinions on my reactor one, so I am unsure whether the reactor still needs tweaking or not. I may even just start back over again, but redoing all of the character stats first for a better character balance/uniqueness, instead of waiting until later.

Izban

• View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2009-11-23 09:09:36 »
vote 1 more leveling enemies

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #61 on: 2009-11-23 12:06:31 »
@secondadvent:

No, I'm sorry. I haven't had time to look at them properly. This comes from quite a few problems like opportunity and video selection. I haven't found a good way to record the video that I'm satisfied with. Fraps only seems to want to record in full-frames uncompressed avi and that's simply not acceptable to me.

I DID look at titeguy3's Turks bosses and they were pretty hard for the savegame he gave me. I'm not used to being at such a low level at that point in the game.

Izban

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2009-11-24 04:52:57 »
why don't you use fraps then convert it with alltoavi it knocks it back in size substantially where its 25mb it brings it down to maybe 2-3mb

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2009-11-25 02:46:58 »
I DID look at titeguy3's Turks bosses and they were pretty hard for the savegame he gave me. I'm not used to being at such a low level at that point in the game.

8-)
Try using magic hammer on rude at the midgar fight, just for kicks.
« Last Edit: 2009-11-25 18:28:17 by titeguy3 »