Author Topic: [FF7PC] apz cloud field, black texture, apzbuster texid5 (2012-09-24)  (Read 113917 times)

omega res novae

• previously known as squall8cloud7
    • View Profile
    • omegas mods google docs
all credit goes to apz freak for the model and texture. get his battle model here
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=13476.0

buster swd's v4.2.  the link below is a field model for apz's cloud. it was edited by buster swd. so thank you buster swd i appreciate it and im sure so will the others. contains field with and without sword. parachute, wheelchair, and flashback as shinra. also has world with and without sword. as of now no problems exist.
http://www.mediafire.com/?3d75yag4qggc1yb

to get the black soldier uniform download the .zip below. extract that zip, buster swd's 4.2 and apz's final release into the same folder then run the black.bat.
https://rapidshare.com/files/1935408605/black.zip

as of now apz freak's buster sword is set to tex id 1 and is not compatible with millenias weapon set. i changed the tex id to 5. this allows you to use the sword with any cloud model, millenias weapons, mikes weapons, and most of slayernext's weapon (his murasame and yoshiyuki wont work with this) again all credit for model and texture goes to apz freak.. heres the link
https://rapidshare.com/files/4069235340/apzbustertexid5.zip

if using with apz cloud you will have to set his textures to 10 instead of 2
you can do this by following these steps
Code: [Select]
open pcreator
click options
click battle model
click file
click open battle hrc
go into the folder where the model is saved and open the hrc in this case there are two hrcs because cloud uses two battle models in the game. the hrc files are RTAA and SIAA
a window will pop up that says "set the number of battle textures please enter a positive integer" type 10
click ok
repeat the last couple steps for the second hrc
your done you can close pcreator

if you are using the old version when using it you may get an error if you have any of those spots blank. this error is simply saying it cant load a texture from a blank spot. it will not cause a crash. you can disable error messages by filling those spots with textures (real or dummy)or by doing this

do this in FF7_Opengl.cfg to hide warnings:
    # Disable Error Notifications
    disable_popup = on
« Last Edit: 2014-07-19 17:49:48 by Covarr »

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
Re: apz cloud field/ apz buster with new tex id
« Reply #1 on: 2012-08-23 16:59:27 »
Good work! :D

omega res novae

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2012-08-23 17:21:13 »
in think the field model looks wierd when its running. i guess because this model has longer limbs relative to his body than the original

ajthedj747

• Looking Forward to 2017
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2012-08-23 18:04:53 »
Thank you so much!

freshness82

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2012-08-23 22:39:11 »
First I want to thank APZ again for his awesome battle model, and squall8cloud7 for the conversion to field, which I found is really tedious task requiring quite a bit of trial and error. Good times.

That said, I noticed the legs seemed a lot longer too, say, compared to Grimmy's cloud field model (which I think has the best realistic field body shape and proportions I've seen thus far, so huge respect on that), and there's something strange where, on certain screens in the field, there is a bounce effect with the model, where standing still it appears at a certain height, and when you start moving, it lowers down. The long legs were especially noticeable in the cut scene where Cloud jumps on Barret's back during the pillar collapse.

I tried messing with resizing the legs and moving the upper pieces of the model down, but I couldn't get it looking right, at least to something I was happy with, so in the meantime I'm personally using the APZ head from this field model on the body of Grimmy's field model. I think it ends up being a pretty nice looking combination, and you already have a high rez buster sword on the back too. Just an idea for those who know how to do the conversion.

Alternatively, I'd love to use THIS entire field model if the leg issue can be sorted out, but I believe just because of the nature of the model and it's proportions, it would take a lot of tweaking, and at the point the release might not live up to the original APZ model anymore.

omega res novae

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2012-08-24 02:30:27 »
once im done with my busies now ill come back and try to tidy this up. in the meantime if anyone is good at conversions they should give it a stab. if i think youre model is better than mine ill post your link in the op and probably take mine down

Buster Swd

• Sorry for bad english
    • View Profile

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2012-08-24 03:54:43 »
Looks good.
The only issue of APZ Cloud is his head. He looks like a boy and not like a strong man,
I think a smaller head would be better. That´s why never used the model for battle

omega res novae

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2012-08-24 04:22:29 »
you can always scale it down a bit in kimera

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2012-08-24 04:38:13 »
Looks good.
The only issue of APZ Cloud is his head. He looks like a boy and not like a strong man,
I think a smaller head would be better. That´s why never used the model for battle

It's funny I keep hearing that...  ;) But my philosophy on this model was to mix the way he looks in the secret ending to Crisis Core with the way he's presented in the original game. That included facial proportions. It was also heavily influenced by his appearance in Kingdom Hearts 1.

Not that you're wrong, he absolutely DOES look more like a kid... But stylistically that's the way we first saw him. With that level of large eyed anime-ness. It's in the official art and in the models in the original game. In fact the color I used for his skin is the exact same color from the Final Battle model, as well as the blue for his cloths, and the brown for his boots. I think APZ Cloud was so effective because he works as a better looking substitute that fits in perfectly with the original style.

And it's THAT philosophy (Being a more updated drop in, but with the details of the new continuity) that makes me not support the non-chibi field models. The feet never line up satisfactorily for me, and even with better animations... I dunno... I defer to the way it was presented originally.  ::)

So if any of yall can make a field model that's chibi and matches the one I posted in the APZ Cloud release thread... That'll be the one I support.  8)

ALSO! The texture from my latest release fixes some color key holes in the back of his belts... So anything APZ Cloud related would be slightly better with the texture from the most recent release!  ;)

Buster Swd

• Sorry for bad english
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2012-08-24 04:52:53 »

omega res novae

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2012-08-24 04:59:06 »
its up to you. if apz wants any field model to  e proportioned the same he wont support your model so itd be for your personal use

Buster Swd

• Sorry for bad english
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2012-08-24 05:02:29 »
Errrr....I don't know anything about Chibi model so....how do I do it?

Forget I asked.Here is a work-in-progress chibi Apz Cloud model

Tell me what you think
« Last Edit: 2012-08-24 12:45:18 by Buster Swd »

freshness82

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2012-08-24 19:02:54 »
Is there anyway in Kimera to just take the entire model and give it a unified resize value? Or do you have to always resize and reposition each and every piece, which makes it much more prone to crashing I've been finding out?

omega res novae

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2012-08-24 20:28:07 »
not that i know of. I feel u though. I know if u double click and make ur adjustments in that menu its alot less likely to crash

Mendelevium

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2012-08-24 21:10:01 »
Errrr....I don't know anything about Chibi model so....how do I do it?

Forget I asked.Here is a work-in-progress chibi Apz Cloud model
-snip-
Tell me what you think

Narrow the upper arms, but leave the shoulders big. Make the hands and feet bigger. The torso should be shorter and bulkier. Enlarge the head and make the eyes big and cute. ^_^.  Then you're on your way to a nice chibi.

Edit:

YOu'd do something like this:

Then you'd split the neck from the head, rescale the neck bit to fit the torso. You'd then split the shoulder from the arm and edit it accordingly. Meep... I know how to do it. I am just a bit lazy ;).

Also the legs are really long on the APZ model. @_@.

More edit:

You'd also have to scale all the parts to flow seamlessly, which is overly difficult to do in kimera with the model and texture not being built for being chibi and being incredibly complicated. In all honestly you'd be better off converting the model into an .obj or .3ds and opening up in blender or 3DSmax, or some such program and scaling it all to be a chibi. :3.

Note:

My image was just a sloppy re-scaling to get the point of proportion across.

Edit 2:

I did a quick edit to my model here cause I got bored...

The parts don't flow nicely, it's nearly impossible with my skill level to pull that off in kimera :3. But there is the general proportions. Also, I am far too lazy to do the neck, cause it involves erasing all the polygons on the head first, saving the neck piece separate. Then reloading the file, deleting all the neck bits, saving it separate. THen removing the head entirely and loading up the two separate p files onto the head bone. @_@.  I also haven't touched the eyes. To be honest I don't know if APZ wants us mutilating his model :p.

I also don't know what kimera is doing with the boot texture... o.O
« Last Edit: 2012-08-24 21:53:28 by Mendelevium »

Buster Swd

• Sorry for bad english
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2012-08-25 02:20:14 »
After the suggestion,the model look like this

I don't know how to make the eye "big and cute".I'm a noob when it come to blender,3DS max or similar program.

Anyway,for those who want the non-chibi version of cloud,here is the download link
http://www.mediafire.com/?xlq5qsxmhkxt9y5

Edit:The link included world map model

Edit2:This Is NOT a chibi APZ Cloud model.many people mistook it by looking at the image above.
Some in-game Screenshot:

It's not perfect but is can fit in well with the PRP model.There will be a high-us and chocobo minigame model too,if APZ don't mind.Also,I don't know what happened to the boot texture.If anyone see problem during gameplay,let me know.
« Last Edit: 2012-08-25 14:59:01 by Buster Swd »

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2012-08-25 04:02:04 »

Almost there  ;) Almost. Now you gotta export it into a modeling programs and pull some vertexes to really nail it

Buster Swd

• Sorry for bad english
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2012-08-25 04:33:28 »
Almost?You make is look so easy APZ.How did you made the eye texture to look like that?It's look really nice

Sancez

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2012-08-25 13:46:40 »
@squall8cloud7: first of all, thanks for your work, I really like APZ Cloud and I was hoping that someone will convert it to a field model. So thank you  :-D

May I ask you how long does it take to add the sword on his back, please? I'm mean the release. Cloud seems incomplete without it. :(
« Last Edit: 2012-08-25 15:07:38 by Sancez »

Buster Swd

• Sorry for bad english
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2012-08-25 14:47:24 »
@Sancez:if you want the apz cloud field with buster sword on back, check the link above in my post.It's not a chibi version and already got the buster sword on cloud's back.About the time needed for add the sword on his back, it's just take a few minute.(Or a few second if you have the buster sword at the right size and right position)

About the chibi version,I have done the left arm but after that,the files can't load texture:

So what do I have to do with it?(This might be a stupid question but I'm new to 3D modeling)

« Last Edit: 2012-08-25 15:15:24 by Buster Swd »

Sancez

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2012-08-25 15:10:55 »
@Buster Swd: thanks man! It's exactly what I was looking for  :P

omega res novae

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2012-08-26 03:37:38 »
@buster swd. field model looks good and not to lanky. ill try it out soon do you mind if i update the link in the original post to your field model? also can you upload the model with no sword on his back so people have the choice. or i can no big deal

Buster Swd

• Sorry for bad english
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2012-08-26 09:10:47 »
Sure,I don't mind.Here is the no sword on back model:
http://www.mediafire.com/?c1tvgetbbbk08nu

Again,is included world map model.
I used the idle animation from ff7 re-animated project.
Do you think I should higher the left arm?

omega res novae

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2012-08-26 12:26:39 »
yea. the guard sits over hes shoulder. also his torso is over some of his hips. you cant see the belts