Author Topic: [FF7PC] apz cloud field, black texture, apzbuster texid5 (2012-09-24)  (Read 113917 times)

freshness82

• View Profile
Re: apz cloud field/ apz buster with new tex id
« Reply #125 on: 2012-09-08 04:43:52 »
@ManuBBXX Like omega res stated, this thread is dealing SPECIFICALLY with the char.LGP file, and thus has ZERO affect on what sword models show up in Battle. A better place to pose your question is in the APZ re-release thread itself, if it is still open. Here was one method discussed in that thread to have APZs buster sword model and tex appear for every one of Cloud's swords. Beyond this, please search for the relevant modding instructions on how to edit this on your own:

"To use the apz buster sword for all models there are 2 methods. The buster sword is rtck. Copy and paste it so u have 16 total. Rename them from rtck to rtcz.. Dump ur battle lgp, add them,then encode the lgp. The model decides the texture and because they would all b the same model they pull their texture from the same place. method 2 is with wall market. Load ur kernel. Go to the weapons tab. Tell all the weapons to use the first model."

ManuBBXX

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 2012-09-08 11:19:55 »
I'm sorry for that. I thank you

omega res novae

• previously known as squall8cloud7
    • View Profile
    • omegas mods google docs
« Reply #127 on: 2012-09-13 19:17:31 »
just went through all lgp's making sure that all clouds were taken care of. here are the cloud models not included in this.

char.lgp
brib-on bike  idk if its used
buge-8 year old cloud- cant really convert apz to this
clgd-standing at attention- idk if its used
dlfb-dress cloud- cant really convert apz to this
enab-13 year old cloud- cant really convert apz to this
eseb-shinra mp holding buster- this would be a simple sword switch but its a very small part of the game

good job buster swd. sorry it took so long to change original post to have 4.2. i thought i did already

omega res novae

• View Profile
Re: apz cloud field, black texture, apzbuster texid5
« Reply #128 on: 2012-09-24 18:55:02 »
black texture link added to op along with a batch that will apply it to existing files

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 2012-10-03 05:06:56 »
Would somebody be so nice and create a prepatched vision of the bustersword patch?
Pcreator doesn't work on most win7 systems (same as kimra).
That would be nice. Thanks.

omega res novae

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 2012-10-03 09:20:43 »
?

whitERaven

• when the Raven turns white..
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 2012-10-03 10:04:27 »
LOL..had the same reaction when I first read that post,

Would somebody be so nice and create a prepatched vision of the bustersword patch?
Pcreator doesn't work on most win7 systems (same as kimra).
That would be nice. Thanks.

please make your question clear..
I may be wrong but I think what you are asking for was already addresssed on the first post..

freshness82

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 2012-10-03 16:21:27 »
Both of those programs work just fine on my win7 home premium x64... granted for Kimera I had to adjust some files in the registry I think? But it's all detailed in their relevant threads if you do a search and read through it.

It's a pretty cool feeling when you are able to figure out some of these modding tools and are able to adjust models on your own when you feel the OCD need to constantly retweak how they look...jus saying.

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 2012-10-03 22:16:30 »
Well I get it to work. I'm clever enough to solve problems like this as long I got a hint what is wrong...
But what I mean is following: you have to change the the textures which should load from the model from 2 to 10. Its actually a easy step in PCreator, but on win7 many xxxxx.ocx are missing so you have to download them and find out how to install. Its time wasting if you don't plan to use these (great) tools more then once. So I asking not for me but for the peoples who don't have the nerves and time, could you please change the texture limit in rtaa from 2 to 10 and put that file it in the apzbustertexid5.zip file?

omega res novae

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 2012-10-03 22:32:15 »
i actually asked apz to put that fix into his model he said no because it gives errors.  its such a small step i wont be uploading it. changing a tex id is more of a pain and thats why i have it here. instead ill encourage people to become familiar with the tools. by the way i dont find humor in your sarcasm. (great) tools. people that dont have the nerve and time. so they can have time to play video games but not to learn something.

whitERaven

• View Profile
« Reply #135 on: 2012-10-03 22:43:01 »
Sorry I'm a bit slow an didn't catch up on your prepatched thing..

So basically you want an apz cloud with textures set to 10 and his sword assigned to texid 5 in one download?

I'm not an expert but I think something like that would have to be done on the original apz cloud, since it will alter the battle model.. so you'll have to ask apz to do it, but as stated above looks like apz won't do it due to errors. It's not that hard to do it if people took time and effort to mod there games I think its neessary for them to learn this simple steps, after all it's clearly explained here how to do it, it's pretty much spoonfeeding already.

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 2012-10-03 22:52:52 »
Like I said. Provide a clear explanation for anyone who wants to combine my model with other mods (Pictures will help) I encourage making your own tutorial thread for those who want to do this.

I personally don't do that, and I'm pretty sure 80 percent of my downloaders aren't part of the community and wouldn't need to change that. Since it makes an annoying error message without the other mods present. I can't provide a product that produces errors when it's the only one installed. I'm sorry, but I can't do that.

whitERaven

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 2012-10-03 23:05:50 »
That's case closed I think..

BTW apz I really admire your work can you recommend something like a turorial on texturing, specially those realistic skin with shading.. I'm working on some models enhancements and I'm not satisfied with my skills on that part yet..

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 2012-10-05 04:49:07 »

i actually asked apz to put that fix into his model he said no because it gives errors.  its such a small step i wont be uploading it. changing a tex id is more of a pain and thats why i have it here. instead ill encourage people to become familiar with the tools. by the way i dont find humor in your sarcasm. (great) tools. people that dont have the nerve and time. so they can have time to play video games but not to learn something.

You missunderstood i really like these tolls! After i getting those to work on my pc I spending hours in it. Sorry for missunderstanding.
Bye the way if you play the right games you could learn many things about the world, Metal Gear for example is more reality as fiction.
Self FF7 is a caricature of our world.

Buster Swd

• Sorry for bad english
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 2012-10-05 13:43:54 »
Hello again.

I made an addon pack for this field model.After I saw some image,I realized that people might not want to use the idle animation from the ff7 Re-animated project by BloodShot.Maybe because It's still a beta version(I forgot to ask for BloodShot's permission too.So sorry about that).So I put a little work into it and this it how it turned out(You might not understand if you don't know the basic of how-to-mod-ff7):
Old one:

New one:

I also change buster sword on Cloud's back for those who like Crisis Core's style:

Download it here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?5iudtr21xvd58xw

NOTE:This pack is optional.If you don't want to install it,you don't have to.

Also,this could be a wrong place to ask,but I have a small question:How do I add texture In blender or other modelling program?

omega res novae

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 2012-10-05 22:28:57 »
buster swd do you mind if i combine everything into one download? ill pm you about adding a texture in blender.

Buster Swd

• Sorry for bad english
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 2012-10-06 04:03:58 »
buster swd do you mind if i combine everything into one download? ill pm you about adding a texture in blender.
No,I don't mind.Do what you want with it.

EDIT:I'm currently making cloud's head blinking.Here is a shot of the left eye:

How does it look?Does it need more adjustment?
Also,when I'm done with the texture,how do I get it to work?Add another head with eye closed texture?

EDIT2:Add another head with eye closed texture didn't work.How can I make him blink?
« Last Edit: 2012-10-09 13:15:15 by Buster Swd »

Buster Swd

• Sorry for bad english
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 2012-10-24 14:38:29 »
Thank to tutorials by lots of people and 3DS Max,APZ Cloud is blinking....uncorrectly.He gots a hole in his eye when he blink like this:

How do I fix it?(don't ask why the head is a little bigger in the image,I like it that way)
« Last Edit: 2012-10-25 04:39:33 by Buster Swd »

outsider

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 2013-05-19 09:47:15 »
Hi all, im new on this forum, and i think you' re doing a good work with all that ff7 stuff, but since im a newbie i want to ask something of this mod, my problem is when i put the file in the field.lgp file and start the game it crash, i want to ask if there some other way to use put the model ingame, i use the last version of aali's driver....

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 2013-05-19 14:36:14 »
The easiest way is to use the 'direct mode' of Aali's driver.

# read files directly instead of using LGP archives
# for example; if FF7 is looking for aaab.rsd in char.lgp, this option will make it open direct/char/aaab.rsd first,
# if this file doesn't exist it will look for the original in the LGP archive
direct_mode = on

From the FF7opengl.cfg.

It's not the recomended way, but if you are using only a few models it shoudn't has an impact to the performance.

outsider

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 2013-05-19 18:12:41 »

Template

• Life is a series of cats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 2013-06-02 08:37:24 »
Hiya, I think if no one can point me in a specific direction, I was gonna start trying to figure out how to do this unbelievable field model with Millenia's buster sword instead of the sword APZ designed. Such a small detail, but I imagine that alone will be hard for me, since I'm not inclined towards the making of mods but rather the testing aspect. I think it would require working with Kimera, and I recall this subject being brought up in one of the threads that sprung up around the release of APZ new cloud. Is this a silly undertaking?

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 2013-06-02 15:47:56 »
Wait, and I will give you what you want...

...and a bit more. ;)

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 2013-06-03 17:28:24 »
I have done some tweaks to these field model and added (optional) Millenia's Buster sword.

New-APZ-Cloud-Field.rar
The head is changed for a more grown up look and overall he looks less bulky.
I only changed Cloud, Cloud with sword in the hand, parachute Cloud, a bit the wheelchair Cloud and his world model.

Mirrorman95

• View Profile
    • Mirrorman95 - YouTube Channel
« Reply #149 on: 2013-06-03 20:49:04 »
That version does look nice and all, but the only custom Cloud face that I feel can go toe-to-toe with the Crisis Core model is the one you showed here:
Couldn't you make a HQ version of Cloud with that face? That one looks more like a developed Cloud and less like a Dissidia robot.
(Unless that is the same face just at a different angle, in which case chock up my criticism to total ignorance)
« Last Edit: 2013-06-03 20:55:31 by Mirrorman95 »