Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4838571 times)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #9800 on: 2020-07-21 03:07:13 »
Sega Chief, do you have the controller icons implemented in 2.0 same as 1.5?

Yep.

VincentFromFF7

• View Profile
« Reply #9801 on: 2020-07-21 04:04:49 »
Forgive me if this is already being addressed, but in the Northern Cave, with Aerith in your party and you take the Left route, she vanishes during the Up/Down decision.

VincentFromFF7

• View Profile
« Reply #9802 on: 2020-07-21 05:43:40 »
Aerith shows back up at the final meetup, but she leaves the party (keeping her Materia & Equipment) from the Up/Down split on the Left split in the Northern Cave. Doesn't even show up on the screen or have any dialog there. Also, during the Protoroth fight, I was using a Quadcast Ultima and the boss broke. ATB says "Wait," my characters are moving in place normally, but the boss and timers are just frozen. Barriers don't count down, etc. I believe it occurred between the second and third cast of Ultima.

Chrysalis

• ESUI Developer
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9803 on: 2020-07-21 12:38:50 »
excellent, looking forward to 2.0 :)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9804 on: 2020-07-21 18:24:43 »
Forgive me if this is already being addressed, but in the Northern Cave, with Aerith in your party and you take the Left route, she vanishes during the Up/Down decision.

Aerith shows back up at the final meetup, but she leaves the party (keeping her Materia & Equipment) from the Up/Down split on the Left split in the Northern Cave. Doesn't even show up on the screen or have any dialog there. Also, during the Protoroth fight, I was using a Quadcast Ultima and the boss broke. ATB says "Wait," my characters are moving in place normally, but the boss and timers are just frozen. Barriers don't count down, etc. I believe it occurred between the second and third cast of Ultima.

I think I messed with that recently to try and work around the mass-unequip that occurs when a character is flagged as unavailable. I'll take a look at it after next Monday. For now, there's an NPC on the Highwind near the entrance to the Chocobo Stable who can toggle Aeris on/off so doing that should return her to the party.

The Quad-cast thing may be the Quadra-Ultima glitch if you have Ultima + Quadra Magic, and Ultima + HP or MP Absorb; it affects enemies that have multiple parts that 'flinch' in unison:
https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Quadra_Magic_Ultima_glitch

Quadra-Ultima by itself should work, but having a 2nd copy of Ultima with HP or MP Absorb and then quadra-casting it seems to lock the game.

VincentFromFF7

• View Profile
« Reply #9805 on: 2020-07-21 18:30:36 »
Ah, I wasn't aware of that issue! Thank you for the workaround and the reply.

Keyaku

• View Profile
« Reply #9806 on: 2020-07-24 23:49:11 »
I'm not sure if I screwed up somehow, but the NPC that lets you swap party leaders on Highwind is missing, so I can't proceed on Tifa's and Cid's sidequests. I installed the mod with 7th Heaven, but I did make use of Black Chocobo save editor once in a while to add megalixirs, limit breaks and a Gold Chocobo (didn't want to go through all the trouble again).

There's also the cave (after the sleeping forest) sidequest that is very rough (field models come and go, field music keeps resetting between screens, among others), but the most prominent problem is that the entire party is already in the hideout prior to finding them, even though you can't swap to them.

I remember having tons of fun with the 1.4 version (noticing some oddities that have since been fixed), but somehow I've been hitting a few more rough edges with 1.5. In any case, it's still loads of fun, thank you very much for this mod!
« Last Edit: 2020-07-24 23:54:08 by Keyaku »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9807 on: 2020-07-25 02:35:14 »
I'm not sure if I screwed up somehow, but the NPC that lets you swap party leaders on Highwind is missing, so I can't proceed on Tifa's and Cid's sidequests. I installed the mod with 7th Heaven, but I did make use of Black Chocobo save editor once in a while to add megalixirs, limit breaks and a Gold Chocobo (didn't want to go through all the trouble again).

There's also the cave (after the sleeping forest) sidequest that is very rough (field models come and go, field music keeps resetting between screens, among others), but the most prominent problem is that the entire party is already in the hideout prior to finding them, even though you can't swap to them.

I remember having tons of fun with the 1.4 version (noticing some oddities that have since been fixed), but somehow I've been hitting a few more rough edges with 1.5. In any case, it's still loads of fun, thank you very much for this mod!

Head to the bottom of the north crater first, that should unlock the party leader swap. Dark Cave and Crater got a bit messed up when I tried to remove character unavailable opcodes to avoid potential loss of Materia when they get unequipped by the game, but it introduced a lot of bugs with the scripts that check for whether a character 'exists' or not.

Kurne

• View Profile
« Reply #9808 on: 2020-07-26 23:43:37 »
Well.. my weekend from work starts in 24 hours roughly, chances still looking good for a monday release?  Would be amazing to be able to kick off my weekend from work tomorrow by getting back into this amazing mod :D

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9809 on: 2020-07-27 13:17:09 »
Yep, going for 10pm UK time which is just shy of 8 hours from time of posting.

One caveat though, Type B is locked for a week so I can finish implementing something in there.

Kurne

• View Profile
« Reply #9810 on: 2020-07-27 15:55:08 »
I planned to force myself to stay on game A with hard mode until I beat it once that way I still have game B hard mode to look forward to :D lol....  I'm sure it will be worth the extra wait for it and I get twice the amount of time to enjoy it that way :D

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9811 on: 2020-07-27 21:17:08 »
FF7 NT 2.0 is now releasing. I'll be updating the front page of this thread over the next hour or so. Bug reports and the like are appreciated, especially at this early juncture. Uprisen (a twitch streamer) did a full playthrough over the last week with me watching and repairing bugs as they appeared so it should be ready to go. But there's always a chance stuff crept in afterwards or that problems were missed so let me know if you find any.

IRO (for 7th Heaven Mod Loader)
https://mega.nz/file/60UmiS6I#w7qsgIvCjyRfcdPiQ86RBkHFI-DWE-XF1izp52ixsGg

Reunion (For Reunion)
https://mega.nz/file/HsEE3ICT#kX2fAJvDorpr0paNhwDOTiwViRJffZ1wXKMI8yEeu_8

Installer
https://mega.nz/file/60EiBCSY#Iyf-edpGMM2SVc6zXnIa5bIbERv0JLOh3qMxWCXiG3c

Documentation
https://mega.nz/file/LxMQRQ4J#XnMyYgoXqAknsMB-9CTtxAjRHBHsVj8YJ5VUxg56g2M

Spotty Len

• View Profile
« Reply #9812 on: 2020-07-27 21:29:41 »
It's been a long while since I last played the mod, and I've been lurking the past few months when I saw a 2.0 was in progress, so I'm really happy to see it and I can't wait to play it.

I'm probably gonna hold off until Game Type B is done (unless Type A is worth the try, but I was really curious about Type B), but I really wanna say congratulation on the release. It was a blast back in 1.4 and 1.5, and I'm sure it's gonna be great this time around as well.

Gonna donate in a few moments too, hopefully you can rest a bit. :D

Owlrrex

• View Profile
« Reply #9813 on: 2020-07-27 21:44:11 »
I just installed NT 2.0.0 through the Main Installer (no 7th Heaven) and it looks alot like what was installed was actually just NT 1.5 (menu prompts for "Normal vs. Arrange mode", instead of Mode A and a potential Hard Mode, Ability description for cloud upon leaving the train states his old passive.) Is this an oversight in the installer, or in the mod itself with not-updated text?

Owlrrex

• View Profile
« Reply #9814 on: 2020-07-27 21:49:40 »
Just saw your tweet, I'm considering it resolved. ^^

Kurne

• View Profile
« Reply #9815 on: 2020-07-27 21:54:00 »
wait what tweet O.o... i'm crashing upon hitting new game though <-<   side note i installed a bunch of iros all at once and new computer since last install and first time hitting new game, so probably gone some mod compatibility problems.  it generated a crash log but not sure how to open it.  just looks like a bunch of symbols when opened in notepad x.x

also controller doesn't work but probably due to my lack of investing time into setting it up z.z...  gone have to turn all mods off and just turn one on at a time until i figure the problem aren't i? x.x...

alright! turned all mods off and the begging video after hitting new game worked! yay!  now to go through one at a time until i find the problem child x.x... side note,  still have no idea how to make hte ps4 controller work on it x.x...

vewrified new threat working without issue when run by itself, also verified i saw options for hard mode and arrange everything looks like patch loaded without trouble.   
« Last Edit: 2020-07-27 22:00:08 by Kurne »

Owlrrex

• View Profile
« Reply #9816 on: 2020-07-27 21:58:02 »
I'm also getting an error after clicking "launch game" in the ff7-launcher, with steam's error code 81.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #9817 on: 2020-07-27 21:59:40 »
It's been a long while since I last played the mod, and I've been lurking the past few months when I saw a 2.0 was in progress, so I'm really happy to see it and I can't wait to play it.

I'm probably gonna hold off until Game Type B is done (unless Type A is worth the try, but I was really curious about Type B), but I really wanna say congratulation on the release. It was a blast back in 1.4 and 1.5, and I'm sure it's gonna be great this time around as well.

Gonna donate in a few moments too, hopefully you can rest a bit. :D

That is a very generous donation, thank you very much. It's been a pretty tough 3 months; with the furlough and lockdown I just threw myself into this for the last 3 months and didn't really do much of anything else. Type B should be pretty interesting to get feedback on, so looking forward to getting people's reactions for that next week.

wait what tweet O.o... i'm crashing upon hitting new game though <-<   side note i installed a bunch of iros all at once and new computer since last install and first time hitting new game, so probably gone some mod compatibility problems.  it generated a crash log but not sure how to open it.  just looks like a bunch of symbols when opened in notepad x.x

also controller doesn't work but probably due to my lack of investing time into setting it up z.z...  gone have to turn all mods off and just turn one on at a time until i figure the problem aren't i? x.x...

First thing to do is check that the game itself is working properly; run it through 7h without mods and get controller set up, etc. Then activate NT on its own and check if it runs or not, and play to the first save point. Then start applying other mods, that's the most efficient way I think.

I'm also getting an error after clicking "launch game" in the ff7-launcher, with steam's error code 81.

That's with the Installer? I think I know why actually, either the .exes or the archives for models aren't complete. I'll look into it now.

Kurne

• View Profile
« Reply #9818 on: 2020-07-27 22:07:47 »
If anyone else has the issues, it appears the Running animation redone IRO is what is causing the crash, now anyone know how to make this ps4 controller work with this? lol... :D  (thank god it wasnt anything else, different running animation i can live without)

yuck, same crash happened after first battle x.x...

same crash log,  z.z.z.z...z....zzz....  everything up until looked nice though :D  here we go again!  seems like it happened as soon as cloud finished waving his sword.  i shoulda went to first save like ya suggested lol ah well time to isolate the problem child.   side note, still failing at trying to get ps4 controller to be compatible z.z
« Last Edit: 2020-07-27 22:13:16 by Kurne »

EternalLykaios

• View Profile
« Reply #9819 on: 2020-07-27 22:13:54 »
I think I know the problem for you Kurne, do you have any the 60 fps ticked on the animation IRO? Even using an older version of 7th Heaven mine crashed at the first battle before 2.9 came out. Untick that and it should work, hopefully!

EternalLykaios

• View Profile
« Reply #9820 on: 2020-07-27 22:17:27 »
2.0* Oh also that second installer worked fine for me, but I'm not running it through Steam. I'm using the Steam files but just copied over into a backup folder as I'm using 7th Heaven.

Kurne

• View Profile
« Reply #9821 on: 2020-07-27 22:22:21 »
i've isolated it i think to one of the enhanced user interface mods.  i'm not sure which part of which one is causing it since one requires the other to be acitve x.x....   gone go through and change options in both and try on/off until i find the exact option on thats causing it.  i'd rather not lose the enhanced user interface unless i have to..

flacidapplebottoms

• View Profile
« Reply #9822 on: 2020-07-27 22:24:18 »
The link for the installer is dead. I'm guessing this is intentional as you work out a bug or two?

Owlrrex

• View Profile
« Reply #9823 on: 2020-07-27 22:27:54 »
I've installed 7th heaven real quick and that version worked with only NT, while the second installer gave me the error-code 81. Can confirm that the iro-version doesn't crash (except it fucks up everything else in my setup, but that's a me-problem).

One thing I noticed though is a cosmetic bug: When activating the help-window in combat, the description for the "defend"-command still says "halves incoming damage". I've read in the docs that you changed that. Just a little tiny thing. :)

Kurne

• View Profile
« Reply #9824 on: 2020-07-27 22:31:42 »
looks like the crash is caused by enhanced stock ui mod.   the enhanced stock in it specifically the main menu option must be turned off   it seems to crash on me when its on.  unfortunately this means the ff7 remake theme ui mod cannot be run either since it requires the enhanced stock to turn on :(  silver lining is all the other options within that particular enhanced stock ui mod seem to work fine so... yay?   hopefullyh thats got all the completely irrelevent crashes resolved.  now to just make this doodie controller work.  anyone have anyh iders on that btw <-<?  any third party or second partyh or first party o.o mods that can make this ps4 controller do well anything?  i have it plugged in and getting light, just no response from the game x.x

Silver lining. xbox one controller seems to work fine.  Ah well I can deal I guess. Okay. I think kinks unrelated to new threat are actually worked out for the most part.  Now time for real test drive :D. We only play on hard here xD
« Last Edit: 2020-07-27 22:36:49 by Kurne »