Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4867261 times)

wdx

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.94)
« Reply #10800 on: 2021-04-21 17:32:54 »
I've been doing the 4 secrets from the chocobo and managed to unlock them all by changing the item required for secret #2 (the 4 save point reads Awoken). I've been looking around in the game trying to find what's changed but I didn't found anything.
Did I missed something or is the reward (?) not implemented yet ?

Anyway great work ! Thanks again !
works. ps u do not have to change the item required for #2
Spoiler: show
use a vaccine to prevent paralysis effect from kicking in on one.. 
script works fine for me :> 

Asherdoom

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.97)
« Reply #10801 on: 2021-04-22 11:08:57 »
excuse me im quite confused. for play the NT mod classical way with some additiona stuff i need play game A or B?

Asherdoom

• View Profile
« Reply #10802 on: 2021-04-22 15:06:31 »
another thing: sorry for double post

I noticed in documentation says Steal materia is in the sewers, but i found  one at the shop right after 1st mission ended and i accepted tifa in party. Is that correct? or is not installed correctly the mod? (i use 7th heaven one)

https://imgur.com/iItufI7

On the other hand i humbly propose a reowrk:
as per your documentation
Summon spells use a different spell formula to the standard Magic formula, which favours Summon's base power
over the caster's Magic stat. This means that a Summon will always deal decent damage in spite of the caster's
Magic stat, making them more usable by a non-Magic build while not becoming completely overpowered in the hands
of a Magic-focused build.

I propose to put Summon stacking their power over Spirit, instead of magic. This will make the "summoner" archetype class that is more interested in stacking spirit instead of magic to pump a little his damage with summons and, on the other sides, not fighting with pure casters archetype over materias/items with mag stats.

*) They ignore MBarrier

this is wrong. Mbarrier become very weak spell considering many non elemental spell bypass it already , at least make it so that reduce summon damage by small amount (like 20%)

Cloud: Set up by using the Defend command, then continue fighting as normal. The next time Cloud is hit by physical damage he will counter it with either
a single physical attack, a Deathblow, 2x-Cut, or 4x-Cut. This works in addition to any other counter materia.

this si too much RNG. make it so that when cloud defends and get critted, it counters with 2x or 4x. on all other cases he counters with deathblow

Yuffie: If attacked physically while in the front row, she will counter with Mug. After 15 turns have passed, Yuffie's Throwlette will charge and will throw a random shuriken weapon at an enemy when Defend is used (or if already Defending).
this one i do not get... we already have throw materia...

sorry for wall of text, great mod and keep on going! :D
« Last Edit: 2021-04-22 15:24:15 by Asherdoom »

wdx

• View Profile
« Reply #10803 on: 2021-04-22 19:51:42 »

I noticed in documentation says Steal materia is in the sewers, but i found  one at the shop right after 1st mission ended and i accepted tifa in party. Is that correct? or is not installed correctly the mod? (i use 7th heaven one)

there is a steal materia within the sewers. doc is correct. Its an option to buy prior to getting elsewhere :)

if you read the info within the beginners hall. there is part which is wrong. 8 sp upgrades, is 4, likely a left over from v1.5.

zendachi

• View Profile
« Reply #10804 on: 2021-04-22 20:14:20 »
Halp. Mod crashes after fight as Zack on Disc 2 in Nibelheim. Fresh mod install on fresh FF7 via executable.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10805 on: 2021-04-22 21:57:10 »
excuse me im quite confused. for play the NT mod classical way with some additiona stuff i need play game A or B?

Type A.

https://imgur.com/iItufI7

On the other hand i humbly propose a reowrk:
as per your documentationof a Magic-focused build.

I propose to put Summon stacking their power over Spirit, instead of magic. This will make the "summoner" archetype class that is more interested in stacking spirit instead of magic to pump a little his damage with summons and, on the other sides, not fighting with pure casters archetype over materias/items with mag stats.

this is wrong. Mbarrier become very weak spell considering many non elemental spell bypass it already , at least make it so that reduce summon damage by small amount (like 20%)

this si too much RNG. make it so that when cloud defends and get critted, it counters with 2x or 4x. on all other cases he counters with deathblow
this one i do not get... we already have throw materia...

sorry for wall of text, great mod and keep on going! :D

Yeah you can buy it early in Sector 7's Materia shop if you want to start bringing in stuff from Reactor 5 and the Slums.

Do you mean making Summons use the Spirit stat instead of the Magic stat to get their damage output? I think I did tinker with the restorative formula at one point to try and have it point at the Spirit stat instead of Magic but it didn't make it in.

Summons ignoring MBarrier is to do with Restorative formula being changed to also ignore MBarrier (was a very common complaint back in the day that MBarrier was blocking healing and pushing people away from using it altogether). So unfortunately summons are tied to this.

I don't think I can set it to check for a critical hit, and it'd be quite a rare proc in a lot of cases.

Yuffie's innate doesn't use up a weapon when it triggers, so it's basically a strong counter-attack with some variation in it depending on which weapon gets chosen to be thrown. Throw on the other hand will expend a weapon when used.

Halp. Mod crashes after fight as Zack on Disc 2 in Nibelheim. Fresh mod install on fresh FF7 via executable.

Are you Kazenai on Discord? Can proceed with debugging on the NT channel in there, it's a bit easier for conversations.

Asherdoom

• View Profile
« Reply #10806 on: 2021-04-23 07:05:41 »
thanks sega chief for reply. can i have discord link please? :D
So i can stay updated on real time basis.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10807 on: 2021-04-23 16:31:13 »
The front page of the forum has a link to it, but I'll post here as well. Make sure to follow the instructions in the Rules channel to make the FF7 channel visible:
https://discord.com/invite/fyE2Vk2

Deborahyugo

• View Profile
« Reply #10808 on: 2021-04-24 22:40:00 »
Hi SegaChief,

At first I want to thank you for this awesome mod! :D
I have a question.
Do you have a list of the sidequests?
I switched to Cid as partyleader but I have no idea what to do.
I don't want to miss a thing.
I guess I'm playing type B? (2.0)
Again, thank you so much! ;D

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10809 on: 2021-04-25 14:52:04 »
Hi SegaChief,

At first I want to thank you for this awesome mod! :D
I have a question.
Do you have a list of the sidequests?
I switched to Cid as partyleader but I have no idea what to do.
I don't want to miss a thing.
I guess I'm playing type B? (2.0)
Again, thank you so much! ;D

Most stuff unlocks after going to bottom of north crater then coming back but sounds like you've already done that if party leader swap was unlocked. There's not as much as in 1.5, but here it all is:
Spoiler: show

Cloud: Visit the Shinra Mansion basement (as in vanilla)

Barret: Visit him in Kalm's Weapon Shop (Marlene will also be there). You can also head up to Mt. Corel's Reactor with him in the party (to reach the area with the thing in it, use the stairs from the previous train-track screen to get to it).

Red XIII: Visit Bugenhagen and you'll get a key that unlocks the Cave of the Gi again; head through it with him in the party (or add using PHS at the save point toward the end).

Cait Sith: Head for the Temple of the Ancients ruins

Yuffie: The Pagoda has a rematch, and then that should allow access to the Sacred Fire Cave by dropping Leviathan's Scales Key Item

Cid: Visit the broken automated shop in Wall Market (needs to be party leader but unsure)

Great Glacier: Open the map and head for the middle area (looks like a tree trunk bridge). You'll find a Silver Chocobo here; try feeding it different types of Greens and Nuts.

Shinra Mansion: There's a piano in one of the side rooms that's actually functional (though some keys are duds). Play the same theme you'd play on Tifa's Piano (bit trickier to play by ear due to the dud keys) and something may happen.

Mythril Mines: In a backroom there's a black-cape NPC; if you find all 1/35 soldiers he'll give you a unique Materia

Usual stuff from base game also applies: Materia Caves, Battle Square's Special Battle, Kalm Traveller, etc.

Deborahyugo

• View Profile
« Reply #10810 on: 2021-04-25 19:11:03 »
Thank you for your quick answer! Guess I've done the most  :'(
When I visit Wall Market with Cid it just shoots 🤣
But thank you! I guess I can go in to the cave and beat sephi!
Then proceed with 1.5!
Again thanks for your hard work! Keep it up! ♡

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10811 on: 2021-04-26 11:09:34 »
Thank you for your quick answer! Guess I've done the most  :'(
When I visit Wall Market with Cid it just shoots 🤣
But thank you! I guess I can go in to the cave and beat sephi!
Then proceed with 1.5!
Again thanks for your hard work! Keep it up! ♡

I would try Cloud as party leader there instead; maybe it was changed and I forgot about it. I think the script will add Tifa and Cid to the party when it's activated as Cloud.

garlar

• View Profile
« Reply #10812 on: 2021-04-27 15:42:48 »
Hello, I'm having trouble finding the Magic Plus and Added Effect materia listed as being located in the Great Glacier in the doc. I've found all the spots in Vanilla where there are items. I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask you first rather than hunting in every single screen.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10813 on: 2021-04-28 08:05:20 »
Hello, I'm having trouble finding the Magic Plus and Added Effect materia listed as being located in the Great Glacier in the doc. I've found all the spots in Vanilla where there are items. I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask you first rather than hunting in every single screen.

Magic Plus should be in the middle area, the tree trunk bridge screen (there's also something else here blocking the bridge midway so you may need to circle around unless you have some greens/nuts).

Added Effect is in one of the far-west areas:

I'm unsure of the 2nd location, but have circled where I think it is along with the tree bridge screen:

Stevojones2

• View Profile
« Reply #10814 on: 2021-04-28 19:55:05 »
Hello there,

I just got the base files of this mod to work with my IOS version of FF7 and I love the mod so far. I just wanted where the location was to incorporate the updated character models? The issue I am running into is I can only seem to find the .iro files to use with 7th heaven which I cannot get into the individual base files. With the clunkiness of the IOS filesystem I had to switch out each file manually. if these aren't available I'll definitely keep playing with the vanilla models. Can't wait to see how the "B" story progresses.
« Last Edit: 2021-04-29 12:46:05 by Stevojones2 »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10815 on: 2021-04-29 15:43:27 »
Hello there,

I just got the base files of this mod to work with my IOS version of FF7 and I love the mod so far. I just wanted where the location was to incorporate the updated character models? The issue I am running into is I can only seem to find the .iro files to use with 7th heaven which I cannot get into the individual base files. With the clunkiness of the IOS filesystem I had to switch out each file manually. if these aren't available I'll definitely keep playing with the vanilla models. Can't wait to see how the "B" story progresses.

By updated character models, do you mean the ones that come with NT or from another mod? Also, do you need the full archive file (battle.lgp and char.lgp) for instance? If these files are vanilla then you may experience softlocks due to missing models early on. You also may need the flevel.lgp archive for the game's script and stuff.

galax-C

• View Profile
« Reply #10816 on: 2021-04-29 17:31:03 »
Each head on the Schizo boss fight in Gaea's Cliff has only 180hp.
I'm using 7th heaven, type A, hard mode.

As always, love the mod. Absolute joy.

Stevojones2

• View Profile
« Reply #10817 on: 2021-04-30 12:54:46 »
By updated character models, do you mean the ones that come with NT or from another mod? Also, do you need the full archive file (battle.lgp and char.lgp) for instance? If these files are vanilla then you may experience softlocks due to missing models early on. You also may need the flevel.lgp archive for the game's script and stuff.

Sorry about the confusion, I am trying to figure out which files govern which aspect of the Mod, for instance is it the char.lgp that affects the character models, and flevel.lgp = storyline? I was wondering if you had a list somewhere of what the main files are and the different portions of the mod they apply.  I currently have the main files for the new threat mod from a patched steam version, but I was wanting to possibly add some higher res backgrounds and avatar models.

You have done a amazing job on this mod and I am sure you probably have answered this question before on this thread.
« Last Edit: 2021-04-30 12:56:28 by Stevojones2 »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10818 on: 2021-04-30 13:32:07 »
Sorry about the confusion, I am trying to figure out which files govern which aspect of the Mod, for instance is it the char.lgp that affects the character models, and flevel.lgp = storyline? I was wondering if you had a list somewhere of what the main files are and the different portions of the mod they apply.  I currently have the main files for the new threat mod from a patched steam version, but I was wanting to possibly add some higher res backgrounds and avatar models.

You have done a amazing job on this mod and I am sure you probably have answered this question before on this thread.

I'll write a quick break-down of what NT needs:

Field folder
char.lgp: Field models and their animations; some new models were added that are referenced in the flevel so if these are missing the game will unfortunately crash.
flevel.lgp: Field screens & their related event scripts + dialogue

Battle folder
scene.bin: Enemy data and their formations/attacks
battle.lgp: Battle models for enemies + characters + Battle environments; new models are contained so if this is missing there'll be crashes upon loading certain battles as the model data won't be found.

Kernel folder
kernel.bin: General information such as character stats, equipment/items attributes, Materia, spell data, etc.
kernel2.bin: Specific to PC version, this contains text strings for equipment names + descriptions.

Menu folder
menu_us: Contains character portraits and various UI assets (optional; this is for button icons; if missing, then some strange icons will appear instead but they'll at least be colour-coded to PSX buttons and the original PC prompts appear beside them).

wm folder
world_us: Contains world map models and textures (optional; only one model was colour-tweaked slightly for consistency so this can be left out).

The .EXE also has changes but this being a mobile version it could be the case that replacing this with a modified version may encounter issues. If this is the case, then the .EXE can be left unpatched. This means that certain features and balancing such as formula changes to mitigation effects, some QoLs like cure magic ignoring mbarrier, and things like the stat bonus/penalty of equipping Materia will be reverted back to how the default game handles them. The mod will be fully operational but your experience on the battle side of things will change a bit because of that.

You can get a copy of all these complete archive files + modified .EXE by patching a 1998 or Steam copy of the game with the Regular Installer.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.98)
« Reply #10819 on: 2021-04-30 23:07:46 »
Patch is up:

Code: [Select]
v2.098
*) Repaired toggle for Hard Mode on Fort Condor and Kalm save points
*) Battle during a Flashback scene was adjusted to prevent a crash

Stevojones2

• View Profile
« Reply #10820 on: 2021-05-01 14:05:42 »
That was exactly what I was looking for thank you very much

Zentrius

• View Profile
« Reply #10821 on: 2021-05-01 21:46:07 »
game crashed with Hyper Jump in 2.098. for what its worth, it crashed in a battle against Ultima Weapon in Fort Condor. ill try to see if its the battle or the limit break that causes the crash.

game is also crashing with the jersey enemy at the shinra mansion. the game crashes whenever a jersey triggers a stance change.
« Last Edit: 2021-05-01 23:03:29 by Zentrius »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10822 on: 2021-05-01 23:43:47 »
game crashed with Hyper Jump in 2.098. for what its worth, it crashed in a battle against Ultima Weapon in Fort Condor. ill try to see if its the battle or the limit break that causes the crash.

game is also crashing with the jersey enemy at the shinra mansion. the game crashes whenever a jersey triggers a stance change.

Hyper Jump crash is an issue native to the Steam version of the game: https://steamcommunity.com/app/39140/discussions/0/846958223100684439/
The crash itself seems to be frequent for some, not so frequent for others; I moved Hyper Jump to the 2-2 Limit for this reason. The crash doesn't seem to occur on the 1998 version using Aali's latest driver or the FFNx driver. Unfortunately, there's not much we can do for the Steam release as that is handled by SE themselves and no patch has came out for it since release.

I'll look at Jersey again.

Edit: A jump was capturing a var's initial value so that the other condition wasn't getting the var set at all if it was picked, causing the crash.
« Last Edit: 2021-05-02 00:12:01 by Sega Chief »

Asair

• View Profile
« Reply #10823 on: 2021-05-01 23:47:43 »
Sega Chief,

So I messed up one of the big materia missions and don't have the blue materia to get the Bahamut Zero summon. Can this still be dug up at the bone village in the same method as the original game? I checked your text files for item and materia locations and the Bahamut Zero summon only has the large materia listed and not bone village. I've been trying to dig it up but so far I've only gotten megalixers and s-mine from the location the internet is telling me to dig.

Thanks for all your work on this mod, been using it for my first playthrough of the game.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #10824 on: 2021-05-02 00:06:17 »
Sega Chief,

So I messed up one of the big materia missions and don't have the blue materia to get the Bahamut Zero summon. Can this still be dug up at the bone village in the same method as the original game? I checked your text files for item and materia locations and the Bahamut Zero summon only has the large materia listed and not bone village. I've been trying to dig it up but so far I've only gotten megalixers and s-mine from the location the internet is telling me to dig.

Thanks for all your work on this mod, been using it for my first playthrough of the game.

You can dig it up from Bone Village, and the success rate has been raised to 100% but the other condition is that the player is on Disc 3.