Author Topic: [PC] Yet Another Multi-Patcher - YAMP  (Read 221914 times)

plandr

Re: Yet Another Multi-Patcher
« Reply #125 on: 2007-12-14 12:57:52 »
I have the same problem rock had. How do I make vista give it privileges or whatever?

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
« Reply #126 on: 2007-12-14 15:27:03 »
I have the same problem rock had. How do I make vista give it privileges or whatever?
You right click the file, select "Run as..." and select admin account.

HeavensCloud

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 2008-04-06 12:25:39 »
This is going to sound stupid, but I get a message that says

Missing file:  FF7.exe

Now obviously there is an FF7.exe in my folder... any idea whats up with this?

*:.Griever.:*

• Formerly Tidus_Lionheart
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 2008-04-06 12:44:10 »
If you have patched the game to 1.02, you might have to copy that exe to desktop and use it, as when I patched it, I had to do that, cos for some reason it wouldn't recognise my old exe on the desktop, it was still seeing it as 1.01 I suppose :-(
Stupid how this game is so ocmplicated to work on a pc, yet worth every second when it does :-D

HeavensCloud

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 2008-04-06 15:06:12 »
Thanks for the reply but I'm confused.  Are you saying it has to be patched to the 1.01 version or the 1.02 version?  Also I think the only exe I have is the 1.02 as its already been patched... so if 1.02 is the one I need then its got to be something else.

*:.Griever.:*

• Formerly Tidus_Lionheart
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 2008-04-06 20:27:11 »
You have an exe in you're ff7 program file right?
If so, copy that one to desktop, if you don't have one in there either, you could always download an exe from gameburnworld or something.
If you're already patched to 1.02 though, just check your program file folder to see if there's an exe in there first.

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
« Reply #131 on: 2008-04-07 13:44:07 »
Can't find ff7.exe? Try changing the name to lowercase, ensure that the program runs with privileges to read/write in current directory (mostly for Vista) and delete backup_ff7.exe if you find one.

dziugo

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 2008-05-18 22:59:31 »
9999LB patch updated. Thanks go to Salk for a bug report. Download link hasn't changed.

Duke

« Reply #133 on: 2008-05-20 11:56:40 »
Hi.
I used your tool and it worked... so it seemed till to when I wanted to open the menu or the savepoint or the PHS after the fireplace sequence. What could the problem be or how could i fix it.

dziugo

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 2008-05-20 12:00:50 »
First, I'd try the unpatched version, and then apply them one by one to determine which patch is causing the crash.

Duke

« Reply #135 on: 2008-05-20 16:23:00 »
reinstaled the game and only installed the 1.02 patch on it and still the problem remains. Ican now open the menu but as soon as i start to change into a sub folder (for instance during the saving prosedure, the game crashes. But this only happens in cosmo canion right fter i use the gypt from the link at the front of this forum section.

dziugo

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 2008-05-20 16:32:25 »
Well, it says in the readme to save & exit as soon as possible after using gypt. Not that I see any reason to use it more than once and causing the game to crash (most likely due to Alt-Tabbing out of the game).

Duke

« Reply #137 on: 2008-05-20 16:39:55 »
can't exit without saving and can't save due to the crash that occures when I enter the savepoint menu

dziugo

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 2008-05-20 17:35:02 »
Use the hotkeys then, and make sure not to Alt-Tab out of the FF7.

Salk

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: 2008-05-21 11:09:51 »
dziugo,

I believe I have incurred in one more bug with the 9999LB modification: if you try casting a restorative spell (ex. Cure) on a character with more than 9999 Hit Points, you will see that the HP number graphic is seriously corrupted.

The problem is somehow similar to the one reported before. This time though instead of displaying the limit number, it just displays corrupted graphic.

Thought you'd want to know...

dziugo

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 2008-05-22 09:05:02 »
dziugo,

I believe I have incurred in one more bug with the 9999LB modification: if you try casting a restorative spell (ex. Cure) on a character with more than 9999 Hit Points, you will see that the HP number graphic is seriously corrupted.

The problem is somehow similar to the one reported before. This time though instead of displaying the limit number, it just displays corrupted graphic.

Thought you'd want to know...

Seems like noone is actually using it for playing then :P Thanks for the report, I'll try to fix it.

Salk

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 2008-05-22 10:57:06 »
No, I am sure your patch is loved by very many. I personally consider it a must-have together with other productions of yours.

The point is that I am probably more picky than others...  :-P

auxili160

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 2008-06-08 03:31:45 »
I'm using windows XP.

When I use this patch, my ff7.exe ends up being 0kb large.

I'm lucky the patches I wanted to use were the 9999 limit break mod and the transparent text box mod, which are installable by using the older versions of their separate patches.

dziugo

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 2008-06-11 07:15:04 »
Anything suspicious appears in the command prompt? Do you have a "debug.txt" file in the directory with the patcher? I'm just hoping that I didn't break it for WinXP when I fixed it for Vista.

Lynx89

« Reply #144 on: 2008-07-27 22:40:01 »
:(

Code: [Select]
Applying patch: HighwayAndSnowboardMinigamesFix
Access is denied.
Access is denied.
Access is denied.
Access is denied.
Could Not Find C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\temp.bat
Could Not Find C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\patches\Highw
ayAndSnowboardMinigamesFix.bat
Access is denied.
Access is denied.
Something's gone wrong... dunno what...
Sorry, no patching today.

Not entirely sure what's wrong. Can it only be patched onto the 1.02 version? Because for some reason, version 1.02 doesn't even open up on my computer. The screen will go black, but then it will just be back to whatever was up when I tried to run it.

dziugo

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 2008-07-28 04:52:00 »
Try to run it as administrator if you haven't tried already. As for 1.02 opening and then closing itself - check if you haven't installed TheSaiNt's HiRes patch (or downloaded some FF7 version where it was already preinstalled).

psimon

« Reply #146 on: 2008-07-28 07:53:04 »
So... first off i shall state, for the record, that i am so appallingly new to all of this that virtually anything i ask will probably seem terribly infantile. :-D

Having issued the above attempt at a disclaimer, my question:

I am using windows XP, and have recently discovered the joys of old ps1 games translated onto pc!
I have also just realized that patches and mods exist for said games!

I was wanting to start with something very very simple, the Tifa patch, and read your readme's on the subject... my problem is that i am unable to locate
a file by the name of install.bat anywhere in the FF7 program directory. I have read this entire thread and have come to the conclusion that everyone else
here is far beyond my current level on non-existent knowledge, and have therefore found no help.

So i ask directly if you could explain it to me in idiot-boy terms... much thanks and apologies for being so incredibly naive!!

hmm.. also i downloaded the ultima version of ff7.. could this be why? :?

[EDIT] also, can these patches be applied to a game already in progress, if one has a copy of the save file? again, much thanks in advance dziugo!!
« Last Edit: 2008-07-28 07:55:34 by psimon »

Tyler_Wu

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: 2008-07-28 08:44:30 »
i dont know very much about this kinda stuff but i can tell you that you will have more problems and adding mods/patches will be more difficult for the downloaded illegal ultima version rather than going out and buying the game legitimately.

i had ultima for 3 days and after seeing all the mods/patches on this site i went and grabbed my phonebook and called about 25 different stores till i eventually found a perfect condition copy of the pc version of ff7,  cost me 50 bucks tho!

trust me its worth it to go and get your own legit copy.  i did and then installed the phoenix rejuvanation patch along with the high res patch and hays reaonable difficulty patch.  its like a remake its so much different than vanilla ff7!

dziugo

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 2008-07-28 14:23:27 »
my problem is that i am unable to locate
a file by the name of install.bat anywhere in the FF7 program directory
Just for you, a quote from the first post:
Usage:
Download YAMP and patches you want to apply, unpack them and copy to your FF7 folder.
Links are in the first post. If you're thinking of downloading YAMP from some torrent, I'm 99% certain that it will be an outdated version, so download it from the first post in this thread.

also, can these patches be applied to a game already in progress, if one has a copy of the save file?
Yes.

psimon

« Reply #149 on: 2008-07-29 01:09:15 »
many apologies yet again.. perhaps i really truly do not understand!

i downloaded the patches i wanted (tifa and 9999) from the links in the first post. i unpacked them and copied the files (patches) into my ff7 directory folder.

so far nothing has happened.. forgive my insistance, but there was a next step, correct?

to quote: "Configure the patches if needed (see below) and (when done) run install.bat"

nowhere under my ff7 directory is there anything called install.bat! could it perchance be called something else? what or how do i run it?

i'm deeply sorry for my crashing ignorance, but i really really want to try out these mods!! :-D i appreciate you taking any of your time with me!!!

[edit] i get it, i get it! i'm so-o-o sorry! i failed to understand that the patches and YAMP were in fact 2 seperate things... geez! i told you i was dumb about these kinda things!
          :lol: ALL, please forgive! sorry to have wasted your posting space.. everything works just fine! (what a dork huh?!?) :-D
« Last Edit: 2008-07-29 01:50:56 by psimon »