Author Topic: Final Fantasy VII Game Menu~  (Read 3567 times)

Takeru

• I died, a long time ago...
    • View Profile
Final Fantasy VII Game Menu~
« on: 2010-05-28 06:36:21 »
Could someone tell me how to change the text in the game menu, i have the spanish v. but when i used the v1.02 patch it changed the texts
for example...
   Spanish     -  Into -    English
Nuevo Juego -         -  New Game
Cargar Partida-       -   Load Game (or something like that xD)
Objetos        -         - Items

It changed from Main menu to game menu, if someone could tell me how to do it I woulda be pretty happy!   :lol:

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
Re: Final Fantasy VII Game Menu~
« Reply #1 on: 2010-05-28 10:14:21 »
Hmm I was wondering about this too but I hate to ask since I don't need to change new and continue text. I don't know how to change the text in the main menu but the items you could change it using wallmarket. It edits everything in the kernel.bin and kernel2.bin and the items text are there. If you also want to change the text ingame that is said by the characters use Loveless. Loveless edits flevel.lgp.

Gemini

• Not learner's Guru
    • View Profile
    • Devil Hackers
« Reply #2 on: 2010-05-28 12:16:53 »
If you have those in English it means your ff7.exe was replaced with a different one. All menu text, along with other messages, are stored in there, so your only option is to restore the original exe.

Kranmer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010-05-28 12:19:31 »
you could always go to
http://wiki.qhimm.com/FF7/Technical/Customising
and download titeguy3's unoffical spanish patch

Eslava

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010-05-28 17:10:03 »
Could someone tell me how to change the text in the game menu, i have the spanish v. but when i used the v1.02 patch it changed the texts
for example...
   Spanish     -  Into -    English
Nuevo Juego -         -  New Game
Cargar Partida-       -   Load Game (or something like that xD)
Objetos        -         - Items

It changed from Main menu to game menu, if someone could tell me how to do it I woulda be pretty happy!   :lol:

You need to use the v1.02 patch for the spanish version, 1.02 patchs are not all the same and you need the spanish one, google a bit and you'll find it easily. Some people have problems with it getting antivirus warnings about it being a virus so you may want to try spanish v1.03 by titeguy as stated above.

Takeru

• I died, a long time ago...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010-05-29 00:32:22 »
I will compare both versions of ff7.exe (spanish and english) and... I'll see what I can do~ *cross fingers* (hope to don't mess the game again xD)