Author Topic: Cloud to Zack lazy remodel  (Read 3353 times)

ludokreshx

• View Profile
Cloud to Zack lazy remodel
« on: 2010-06-09 02:51:23 »
ok so, APZ said not to release or post a remodel of his model, so i wont. Issue is this; i'm a bit lazy with the fact that the photoshop work of turning his clouds hair and uniform black (because i'm not very skilled with photoshop) took me a long time. I'm not entirely sure if i have the patience to re-adjust the hair on kimera, and i cant get the model to load on blender for some reason.

*The Request/Question*

Would i be disobeying his wishes by asking someone to do the hair thing for me, and sending them my recolored version of his model to them for them to change the hair for me?

And if this turns out to be ok and not trampling on anything i should respect, is there anyone out there capable/willing to do this? I already did the rest of the work, and you automatically get a copy of this texture to use yourself by helping me.

but anyways, if this is a bad request just let me know, and i'll go ahead and just do it myself

obesebear

• View Profile
Re: Cloud to Zack lazy remodel
« Reply #1 on: 2010-06-09 03:05:00 »
This belongs in General.  I shall now use my magical powers to make it so.

To answer your question.  APZ made his model publicly available, so you can do what you want with it.   Like you said he's asked that no one post any tweaks or alterations, so if you can find someone to do the work for you, it's fine.  Just don't link it.

ludokreshx

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010-06-09 04:22:41 »
k, thank you. I was gonna make an edit about it maybe being in the wrong place but by the time i thought to do it it was already moved :D

but yes, there is also an issue with my bitrun program. It seems that when i try to reconvert it back to a tex file the bitrun says that its an unrecognized bitmap representation.

i tried to open it up in microsoft paint and save it again as a new bmp file but the new file had the same issue.

i searched "bitrun" in the search bar on the home page which should search the entire forum for things mentioning the bitrun program. I think due to my lag of focus i may of searched it wrong because it came up with only one result and im sure more than one person has mentioned bitrun more than once on this site

so im goning to go and try to search it again to find a solution

[edit]

there were actually 19 results but only one of them mentioned an issue converting between tex and bmp, but it was on a subject i already figured out.

I'll keep fiddling with it maybe i'll find a fix or figure out the problem
« Last Edit: 2010-06-09 04:26:01 by ludokreshx »

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010-06-09 04:25:44 »
Only Img2tex will convert back to a tex file.

ludokreshx

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010-06-09 05:51:17 »
ok so i successfully converted it to a file that bitrun to "ff7 convert" into a "ff7 texture" file (so it says) but when i put the file in with the battle lpg the model is all white.

what have i maybe done wrong here

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010-06-09 05:56:49 »
You need to remove the .tex from the end of the file. In windows you to may have turn on the Show file extensions for known types.