Author Topic: Editing An Existing Mod For Dissidia 012  (Read 2123 times)

Shinra33459

• View Profile
Editing An Existing Mod For Dissidia 012
« on: 2020-03-14 07:57:46 »
Just as a disclaimer, I have no intention to distribute this mod as I don't have the permission of the original mod author. Now that that's out of the way, I found a mod on this thread that adds a FF7 Crisis Core/FF7:R style Cloud Strife into the game:

http://community.dissidia.wiki/topic/224-chris-shades-dissidia-model-imports/

In EX mode, he equips the Crisis Core version of the Buster Sword (which is the version of Buster Sword that I prefer), and I was wondering if it were at all possible to edit the existing files so that Cloud has that version of Buster Sword equipped all the time rather than in EX mode alone? I tried asking around on that website, but my efforts were fruitless.

UpRisen

• Again... AVALANCHE is born again!
    • View Profile
Re: Editing An Existing Mod For Dissidia 012
« Reply #1 on: 2020-03-14 12:01:23 »
Qhimm does not allow nor condone use or talk of ripped content as mods, and unfortunately 99% of dissidia mods fall into that category so chances are not alot of people here will know how to do what you want. but the general steps should follow some pattern like this

1. find what you need to open up the mods into an editable format
2. find the part in the mod that is the weapon you want and clouds default weapon
3. copy paste the new weapon over the old
4. save, reformat and play.

Shinra33459

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2020-03-14 16:58:54 »
Well at least it's a workable answer; on the other platform all I got was either deafening silence or "it's too much editing".

plein

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2020-04-07 16:41:14 »
Qhimm does not allow nor condone use or talk of ripped content as mods, and unfortunately 99% of dissidia mods fall into that category so chances are not alot of people here will know how to do what you want. but the general steps should follow some pattern like this

1. find what you need to open up the mods into an editable format
2. find the part in the mod that is the weapon you want and clouds default weapon
3. copy paste the new weapon over the old
4. save, reformat and play.
Thank you very much for the solution.