Author Topic: Big Mysteries of FF7 & More v2  (Read 52597 times)

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
Re: Big Mysteries of FF7 & More v2
« Reply #75 on: 2010-10-27 22:31:20 »
What is the purpose of a tissue?

Why would Cloud have the option of saying "I've had better dog food."? Could be an insult, or perhaps he has tried dog food. :o

Its like this quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1JVyDNo0rQ

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
    • FFVII Lost Wing Mod/Hacks
« Reply #76 on: 2010-10-27 22:32:51 »
What is the purpose of a tissue?

Why would Cloud have the option of saying "I've had better dog food."? Could be an insult, or perhaps he has tried dog food. :o

One of my personal favorites (I've asked previously, but I'll put it again for kicks), why do some enemies have enemy skills in which they themselves do not use?

I always figured that the Tissue was a consolation prize.  Like, "You paid 10gp and since you didn't win anything, here's this"  Or maybe if you lose in the Battle Arena Dio assumes you arer a crybaby and need a tissue.
I think they fed dogfood to Zack and Cloud while they were locked up in nibelheim.

The enemy skills question is a good one.  Has anyone examined the AI to see if there are special cirumstances when enemies will cast enemy skills that normally they wouldn't use?

@sl1982 lmao

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2010-10-28 00:17:38 »
The tissue is a consolation prize, for the player to cry into because he lost :P  As for "better dog food"  that was added by english localisation.

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #78 on: 2010-10-28 00:42:05 »
Its like this quote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1JVyDNo0rQ
Shooter McGavin is the perfect example of the Norse Mythology-lover, or vice-versa.

Each time he says something, it makes him look twice as bad as what his line was intended to be against.

Yeah, that's what I thought so too: Tissue for the tears when you lose lol.

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2010-10-29 04:16:41 »
One of my personal favorites (I've asked previously, but I'll put it again for kicks), why do some enemies have enemy skills in which they themselves do not use?

The enemy skills question is a good one.  Has anyone examined the AI to see if there are special cirumstances when enemies will cast enemy skills that normally they wouldn't use?

This one is still unanswered.  Also, did Aeris really have a reason for going to the Ancient City all alone?  And what about your party member and Cait Sith 2???  How did Aeris just walk out from under their noses and what vehicle did she use to get across the ocean?!?!  I think these are kind of a big deal.

Cupcake

• And then it dawned on me, that Satan is also an old fuck.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2010-10-29 04:34:43 »

This one is still unanswered.  Also, did Aeris really have a reason for going to the Ancient City all alone?  And what about your party member and Cait Sith 2???  How did Aeris just walk out from under their noses and what vehicle did she use to get across the ocean?!?!  I think these are kind of a big deal.

I think using the white materia required deep meditation, that she wouldn't be able to do, unless she was alone.  Aside from that, who's to say there isn't some sort of trade route that we don't know about between bone village/icicle inn, and the rest of the world, that we didn't see.  Perhaps she snuck onto another cargo ship.  As far as walking out from under their noses.  Sneaking out of the inn at night *shrug*

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2010-10-29 05:34:27 »
What about the presence of Sephiroth and Jenova in the ancient City?  If they aren't emitting some aura that interferes with Summoning Holy, then were they simply hiding?  Well Cloud and everyone could have just chilled upstairs till Holy was activated.  Wait...thats exactly what happened!  So I think that they could have accompanied her the entire time, just stayed out of sight.  I guess everyone was right there when Sephy came down and got her though...so I guess the question is why wasn't Cloud able to see Sephiroth coming down for the deathblow? 

All your answers are way too rational for me to accept lol. 

Mirenheart

• Pone
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2010-10-29 19:48:24 »
What about the presence of Sephiroth and Jenova in the ancient City?  If they aren't emitting some aura that interferes with Summoning Holy, then were they simply hiding?  Well Cloud and everyone could have just chilled upstairs till Holy was activated.  Wait...thats exactly what happened!  So I think that they could have accompanied her the entire time, just stayed out of sight.  I guess everyone was right there when Sephy came down and got her though...so I guess the question is why wasn't Cloud able to see Sephiroth coming down for the deathblow? 

All your answers are way too rational for me to accept lol.

It was only by the amazing, and extreme powers of the Flying Octopus Ninja that Sephiroth (Jenova), was able to do such a thing. We must fear the FON. FEAR IT!

Edit: I am now officially insane, so says my post count.

Cupcake

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2010-10-29 21:19:02 »
OT but Drfeelgud, DON'T POST, 1337 posts, you have.

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2010-10-30 03:17:54 »
It was only by the amazing, and extreme powers of the Flying Octopus Ninja that Sephiroth (Jenova), was able to do such a thing. We must fear the FON. FEAR IT!
Edit: I am now officially insane, so says my post count.

Good.  Embrace the insanity.

Unfotunately, I think Dr. Feelgud already posted after that :(

Cupcake

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2010-11-07 21:41:32 »
Why did Barret stop wearing shirts?

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2010-11-07 21:44:20 »
Because Mr.T didnt wear shirts?

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2010-11-07 21:51:55 »

^Probably the best answer.  Or perhaps Barret never wore shirts to begin with.  When he reflects on the past, he wasn't wearing a shirt, granted that was only a few years in the past. 

Why was Scarlet chillin on the train tracks when Barret and Dyne were headed back to Corel?  Sure she was overseeing the operation, but...on the train tracks with two MPs?  I smell a scandal  ;)

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2010-11-07 21:54:07 »
I thought there were 4 MP's? :P

Cupcake

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2010-11-07 22:01:14 »

^Probably the best answer.  Or perhaps Barret never wore shirts to begin with.  When he reflects on the past, he wasn't wearing a shirt, granted that was only a few years in the past.

Oh yes he did, he wears a white tanktop under the vest.

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2010-11-07 22:10:40 »
Oftentimes not, I could see that being the inspiration for it.

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2010-11-08 00:06:43 »
Barret wore a shirt?  Oh Crap.  Hmm...maybe the shirt was manufactured by Shinra? lol

Are there anymore good mysteries?  Why does Lucrecia live in that strange shrine?  Or was she even alive, its been awhile since I watched those scene with Vincent.  Was she really there or is she part of the lifestream or something?  If it was her physical body, I wonder if she came out of her cave after the Meteor crisis.

How long was Rufus laying in his destroyed office before anyone found him? I people can die when crushed by the Midgar Plate, Shot by Dyne or shot when your Zack, or when pierced by Sephiroth's sword, but not after taking a Diamond Weapon energy blast to the face?

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2010-11-08 10:38:35 »
^ All that's explained in Cerberus or On the Way to a smile.

Lucrecia sealed herself away in that cave, and the one that we see isn't her real body, only a projection.

Rufus escaped from the Office, he used a path underneath his desk to land in a secret room in the lobby, and the Turks find him.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2010-11-08 11:53:59 »
Rufus died.  :-D

The Seer of Shadows

• I used to be indecisive. But now, I'm not sure...
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2010-11-08 13:13:02 »

FF7 has become a bit like FF4.  Half the characters that were killed off were brought back to life.

FF7 examples: Rufus, Tseng, Hojo, Genesis... oh, and Sephiroth.

FF4 examples: Virtually the whole cast...

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #95 on: 2010-11-08 14:18:46 »

I have examined the E.Skills question and AI to see what's going on. Most of the enemies that HAVE E.Skills can use them. Exceptions are like the beachplugs that don't ordinarily perform Big Guard. There's no immediately apparent answer, but the only one I can come up with is that the developers decided that that was a good time to introduce Big Guard to your repertoire and that seemed like a simple enough enemy to give it to. Plus, you've just gotten manip from Cait Sith and can have up to two E.Skills Materia at this point.

Other explanations:
Attacks given to enemies aren't used because the animations that enemy has don't go with the attack and they were too lazy to make more.
Some attacks enemies have are put on retainer for a more powerful version of the enemy (1000 Needles & Cactuar vs. Cactuer).
By the time you get to enemy X, the attack it has that it doesn't use is too powerful for you to survive or makes the enemy too strong.

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #96 on: 2010-11-10 02:48:39 »
what hair gel does cloud used to keep his hair spiked even in the midst of battle i wonder :P

Mirenheart

• Pone
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2010-11-10 04:38:16 »
what hair gel does cloud used to keep his hair spiked even in the midst of battle i wonder :P

It's a wig made of a special type of metal unique to the ffvii universe that is just as tough as adamantium, but can be colored yellow by mixing bananas into the metal when molten.

He's actually bald.

Mako

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2010-11-10 04:52:58 »
Barret wore a shirt?  Oh Crap.  Hmm...maybe the shirt was manufactured by Shinra? lol

Explain's why Barret is so angry all the time, Shinra obviously didn't grant him a refund on his shirt that was too small!.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2010-11-10 07:04:41 »

FF7 has become a bit like FF4.  Half the characters that were killed off were brought back to life.

FF7 examples: Rufus, Tseng, Hojo, Genesis... oh, and Sephiroth.

FF4 examples: Virtually the whole cast...

Tseng was never dead, that was a translation error (corrected in PC) :)