Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4929485 times)

Zara9

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.3)
« Reply #1500 on: 2015-06-16 14:10:35 »
hey sega chief

is your mod 100% playable. or does it still have alot of bugs on it

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: 2015-06-16 14:49:27 »
The overhaul isn't finished yet.

selius

• View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: 2015-06-16 15:02:45 »
Any ideas for a replacement?

ideas hooooooooooo. YRMV

bonus str based on mag stat
bonus mag based on str
limit gauge randomly increases by a random percentage
random take mp damage when hp damage would kill him
suffer less penalty for All magicked magics.
random set  enemy ct to 0 on physical attack
heal status at battle end
retain a % of limit bar when using limits
randomly impale random enemy randomly with random hair spike.

atro city

• View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: 2015-06-16 15:29:55 »
randomly impale random enemy randomly with random hair spike.

I wholly endorse this. Cloud needs a rhino charge.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: 2015-06-16 17:33:13 »
Rhino charge it is then. I'll change Barret's ultimate weapon to a melee one that uses Cloud's head + hair spike for overflow damage too.

OOOFloW

• View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: 2015-06-16 21:16:55 »
Just a quick question. In my games i like to date yuffie, to do so i usually give her the wrong answer to max her score. (4 right, 1 wrong) each right choise will give +2 towards dating yuffie, with a maximum of 30 (some guide told me). After the new Kalm quest to get yuffie, is she set to that max 30?

ps  awesome mod sir, beyond impressed.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: 2015-06-16 21:22:23 »
Cheers, bud. Yeah, I covered that. She should get the same points when recruited in NT as she does from the normal recruitment scene.

OOOFloW

• View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: 2015-06-16 22:56:34 »
Cheers, bud. Yeah, I covered that. She should get the same points when recruited in NT as she does from the normal recruitment scene.

If you recruit her normally and give 5 right answers, 2 points each, then you get 10 points towards dating her.
Answering 4 correct 1 wrong gives you +8 but lets you repeat till 30 points.
If it's just 10 points like a normal recruitment then it is gonna be very hard to date Yuffie.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps/197341-final-fantasy-vii/faqs/2385 The guide i base this 30 points on.....(search for "meeting yuffie"). I hope to reach the date scene tomorow, lots of side questing still to do, and i will follow every dialogue option towards dating yuffie. I have never been able to succeed without the 30 points trick. Will post update :)

*Edit to include actual question. So does NT give 10 points, 30 points, or are these points not a thing, and i should not need worry?
« Last Edit: 2015-06-16 22:59:33 by OOOFloW »

Bowser9

• View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: 2015-06-16 22:59:31 »
@Sega Chief

Two ideas for Cloud.

- Whenever he takes physical damage, gain a stack of Str/Vit. Whenever he takes magic damage, gain a stack of Mag/Spr. Erase the stack whenever he is damaged by the other type. If problematic, erase the stacks when healed or only allow the stacks while no party member is dead.
- Whenever Cloud kills an enemy, gain a temporary bonus to Dex.
« Last Edit: 2015-06-17 09:49:40 by Bowser9 »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: 2015-06-17 00:27:36 »
If you recruit her normally and give 5 right answers, 2 points each, then you get 10 points towards dating her.
Answering 4 correct 1 wrong gives you +8 but lets you repeat till 30 points.
If it's just 10 points like a normal recruitment then it is gonna be very hard to date Yuffie.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps/197341-final-fantasy-vii/faqs/2385 The guide i base this 30 points on.....(search for "meeting yuffie"). I hope to reach the date scene tomorow, lots of side questing still to do, and i will follow every dialogue option towards dating yuffie. I have never been able to succeed without the 30 points trick. Will post update :)

*Edit to include actual question. So does NT give 10 points, 30 points, or are these points not a thing, and i should not need worry?

I wasn't aware it could be repeated to an extent. I guess in that case it's likely that it only gives +10. But I think I set it up so that all characters start on 0, so there's less ground to make on Aeris & Tifa.

#Sega Chief

Two ideas for Cloud.

- Whenever he takes physical damage, gain a stack of Str/Vit. Whenever he takes magic damage, gain a stack of Mag/Spr. Erase the stack whenever he is damaged by the other type. If problematic, erase the stacks when healed or only allow the stacks while no party member is dead.
- Whenever Cloud kills an enemy, gain a temporary bonus to Dex.

Oh, it could be like Barret's stacks but slightly different. Could do something like that, I quite like that one.

Webbhead08

• View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: 2015-06-17 01:52:47 »
Just under 50 hours in and I got my first 'New Threat' Limit Break from North Corel, have to say I am absolutely loving NT.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: 2015-06-17 03:04:26 »
Congrats! Although I guess this means you beat up Scorp :l

Gatchaman

• View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: 2015-06-17 06:33:28 »
I'm sorry chief, but I'm afraid there might be a little risk of Scorp being beaten up during a playthrough of NT... Just a little.

For Cloud, maybe:
-make it so he always copies the character that's in slot 1? (The 'leader') Still a problem when HE's in slot 1, mind.
-gets a (stacking?) bonus when he takes an action while at full health, but loses it upon taking damage? (confidence in his abilities/ persona)
-has a lower default MAG stat, but gains a static MAG boost in-battle based on the AP of his equipped materia? (mako blood synergy with materia) This would be nice, I think, as you could use his strong default STR-VIT-HP stats, or use materia and suffer the penalties, but get more benefit. One immediate problem, though, is equipping command materia and other non-penalty materia could be very strong.

That's all I got for now!

OOOFloW

• View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: 2015-06-17 09:22:27 »
I wasn't aware it could be repeated to an extent. I guess in that case it's likely that it only gives +10. But I think I set it up so that all characters start on 0, so there's less ground to make on Aeris & Tifa.
This might be good, because Yuffie used to be hard to date :)

Also small bug (i think)  The save crystal in Junon, in the building right after you exit the hallway towards the submarine, an inn, is still the old version of the save crystal.

Also the elevator door on floor 59 towards the glass elevator (just after the scorpion boss) was buggy for me. It seemed to be broken when the map was loaded a 2nd time. After the boss battle it didnt work, i saved > loaded, it worked. Then after I went to floor 60, I went back to floor 59 to save, and it was broken again, had to load to get it to work again.

Both nothing major, and maybe i did something wrong...  but yeah :)

chaos447

• View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: 2015-06-17 09:42:03 »
Hi is 1.3 IRO ever coming? I thought I was playing 1.3 because of:

FF7 NT Mod v1.3 - IRO Version (for use with 7H only)

The NT Mod has an IRO version supported in EQ2Alyza's catalog for the mod loader 7th Heaven. For more information about 7H, check out the related Qhimm Forum thread here: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?top...

But apparently this was a typo? I backup'd my files that were working. Tried using the 1.3 installer and it doesn't locate the battles properly. I'd love to play 1.3 but I really want to be able to use other mods such as the Avalanche GUI and hi-texture mods.

What exactly is going on with the 1.3 IRO? Am I doing something wrong?

Traison

• View Profile
« Reply #1515 on: 2015-06-17 11:00:30 »
Apologize if this has been asked before. Is this mod meant to be played with 9999 cap hp or 9999 break hp?

Bowser9

• View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: 2015-06-17 11:40:23 »
@Traison
9999 cap. It is actually very difficult to reach 9999 damage in this mod without end game materia or certain attack boosting cheese, and even then the mod is balanced around the damage cap being around.

Zartemis

• View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: 2015-06-17 12:43:32 »
Did someone call for CONCEPTS? Sorry I'm late, been MMO grinding. For Cloud's Innate...there are a few directions we could take this. Let's look at his primary character traits:
- For a good majority of the game, he's 'the Soldier 1st Class, Cloud Strife'. Even if this turns out not to be true later...
- He is still afflicted with Mako, as most SOLDIER are.
- SOLDIER's jam is 'get the job done', and to say his desire to be SOLDIER as well as Zack's memories can't instill some of that into him might be a bit of a stretch.
- Cloud's fighting style as shown by Advent Children isn't as immediately decisive as say, Sephiroth's. Sephiroth only has two cases where he doesn't immediately end a fight: He's messing about (see Angeal and Genesis fight from Crisis Core, and in fact most of his fights), or he simply can't, usually due to letting his opponent gain momentum and traction.
- Since Cloud is his opposite, this naturally leads to...

Some sort of building, offensive effect, perhaps stemming from his equipped materia to reference his Mako poisoning and SOLDIER days. In almost every fight Cloud has, he takes a beating, then pushes in and ends the fight decisively with a strong attack. Zack's protective nature (and his eventual guilt and desire to make it up to Zack) could possibly manifest this as gaining stacks when party members besides himself take damage, or simply building them FASTER when this occurs. Thoughts?
« Last Edit: 2015-06-17 12:47:00 by Zartemis »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: 2015-06-17 14:34:51 »
I'm sorry chief, but I'm afraid there might be a little risk of Scorp being beaten up during a playthrough of NT... Just a little.

For Cloud, maybe:
-make it so he always copies the character that's in slot 1? (The 'leader') Still a problem when HE's in slot 1, mind.
-gets a (stacking?) bonus when he takes an action while at full health, but loses it upon taking damage? (confidence in his abilities/ persona)
-has a lower default MAG stat, but gains a static MAG boost in-battle based on the AP of his equipped materia? (mako blood synergy with materia) This would be nice, I think, as you could use his strong default STR-VIT-HP stats, or use materia and suffer the penalties, but get more benefit. One immediate problem, though, is equipping command materia and other non-penalty materia could be very strong.

That's all I got for now!

I think I'm going to use a modified version of Barret's innate which relies on the type of damage rather than Row.

This might be good, because Yuffie used to be hard to date :)

Also small bug (i think)  The save crystal in Junon, in the building right after you exit the hallway towards the submarine, an inn, is still the old version of the save crystal.

Also the elevator door on floor 59 towards the glass elevator (just after the scorpion boss) was buggy for me. It seemed to be broken when the map was loaded a 2nd time. After the boss battle it didnt work, i saved > loaded, it worked. Then after I went to floor 60, I went back to floor 59 to save, and it was broken again, had to load to get it to work again.

Both nothing major, and maybe i did something wrong...  but yeah :)

Yeah, I forgot to do that one. I'll update it when the patch goes out.

As for the save point on Floor 59, the latest flevel hotfix patch should sort that out. It's installed in the same way as the main installer; just direct it to the game's data folder and it should sort that problem out. What was happening was that the extended save point script wasn't actually being closed down properly, so it's interfering with Cloud's other scripts on that screen (when he takes the keycard, stepping into the elevator after examining the door, etc).

Hi is 1.3 IRO ever coming? I thought I was playing 1.3 because of:

But apparently this was a typo? I backup'd my files that were working. Tried using the 1.3 installer and it doesn't locate the battles properly. I'd love to play 1.3 but I really want to be able to use other mods such as the Avalanche GUI and hi-texture mods.

What exactly is going on with the 1.3 IRO? Am I doing something wrong?

I think the mod was going to be updated to 1.3 on 7H, but there was a problem getting it to work with the retranslation so it didn't go ahead. I'm going to try and make an IRO for v1.35 when I've finished it.

Did someone call for CONCEPTS? Sorry I'm late, been MMO grinding. For Cloud's Innate...there are a few directions we could take this. Let's look at his primary character traits:
- For a good majority of the game, he's 'the Soldier 1st Class, Cloud Strife'. Even if this turns out not to be true later...
- He is still afflicted with Mako, as most SOLDIER are.
- SOLDIER's jam is 'get the job done', and to say his desire to be SOLDIER as well as Zack's memories can't instill some of that into him might be a bit of a stretch.
- Cloud's fighting style as shown by Advent Children isn't as immediately decisive as say, Sephiroth's. Sephiroth only has two cases where he doesn't immediately end a fight: He's messing about (see Angeal and Genesis fight from Crisis Core, and in fact most of his fights), or he simply can't, usually due to letting his opponent gain momentum and traction.
- Since Cloud is his opposite, this naturally leads to...

Some sort of building, offensive effect, perhaps stemming from his equipped materia to reference his Mako poisoning and SOLDIER days. In almost every fight Cloud has, he takes a beating, then pushes in and ends the fight decisively with a strong attack. Zack's protective nature (and his eventual guilt and desire to make it up to Zack) could possibly manifest this as gaining stacks when party members besides himself take damage, or simply building them FASTER when this occurs. Thoughts?

I'm going to try and do some kind of party-wide thing. Last resort is an innate similar to Barrets where stats are raised in response to type of damage taken (rather than current battle row).

Something else I've been doing is another round of tuning on weapons, paying particular attention to accuracy and critical bonuses (armour got some small tweaks to overall defence and evasion given). The biggest change is probably to Aeris' weapons because she's probably the worst suited to being physical attacker. She now has two 'types' of weapons; one type restores HP on strike, the other grants a defensive buff on strike (similar to how Measures worked in FF12). I also 'unlocked' the targeting for certain commands like Slash-All so that they can work with that.

OOOFloW

• View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: 2015-06-17 17:32:55 »
As for the save point on Floor 59, the latest flevel hotfix patch should sort that out. It's installed in the same way as the main installer; just direct it to the game's data folder and it should sort that problem out. What was happening was that the extended save point script wasn't actually being closed down properly, so it's interfering with Cloud's other scripts on that screen (when he takes the keycard, stepping into the elevator after examining the door, etc).

Thanks, yeah i noticed the same with the save point at Aps, and at the start of mt coral traintracks. Also is this the place for these bug reports?

Bowser9

• View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: 2015-06-17 21:39:02 »
You're "unlocking" slash-all? What a G. I love your plans for Aeris' weapons, too. How MP efficient haha.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: 2015-06-17 21:53:34 »
Thanks, yeah i noticed the same with the save point at Aps, and at the start of mt coral traintracks. Also is this the place for these bug reports?

Yeah, bug reports are fine here. I'll double-check all the save points again and get the little extra code they need to shut down properly. If you spot any more, let me know.

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: 2015-06-17 22:22:13 »
hey sega chief

after you beat the guard scription on your mod

and when i touched your new ff7 NT save point, the timer stayed at the bottom of your save point text screen

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: 2015-06-17 23:34:58 »
Yeah, I encountered that when I was doing trial runs today. I've taken care of it, but it's not in the patches yet.

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: 2015-06-18 10:34:43 »
hey sega chief

sorry for all of these bug reports

but when car 1 got locked on your way to airbuster, cloud went through the car locked door when it was locked down