Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4928918 times)

Tom

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.3)
« Reply #1550 on: 2015-06-24 20:00:10 »
Wild Red XIII? How? I wanna find him
Is he a boss in any point in the game?  I don't think he is coded as an enemy in the whole game

Gatchaman

• View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: 2015-06-25 00:42:48 »
Yeah that's sweet- I enjoy Ziegfried/ Gilgamesh style characters.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: 2015-06-25 06:35:50 »
Wild Red XIII? How? I wanna find him
Is he a boss in any point in the game?  I don't think he is coded as an enemy in the whole game

It's a mistake, not a boss. I didn't count on the game loading up Mystery Ninja formations for the World Map if Yuffie was recruited into the party after a battle triggered from a field screen, rather than the world map itself. But because I've replaced Lv.21 Mystery Ninja with Red XIII for the mandatory encounter, he now appears in her place if these last two formations in that scene are loaded (the rest will likely be normal as these are separate scenes and I've not deleted them). The 'Wild Red' cannot be targeted, and because Mystery Ninja isn't on the field his targeting will default to the player party. He can only be encountered if the party is in the range to find a Lv.21 Mystery Ninja.

Yeah that's sweet- I enjoy Ziegfried/ Gilgamesh style characters.

It should fit together nicely. At present, Ziegfried just kind of wanders about the Junon area so this'll give him a bit more of an angle to fighting him. It can be the first of a few new miniquests that give special Materia.

Webbhead08

• View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: 2015-06-26 20:54:46 »
Hey Chief, found a small bug in North Crater today - can't remember the enemie's name but the long purple haired witch/caster, when she cast Beta my game froze, and then crashed 2 or 3 seconds later during the white flash part of the spell animation, just thought I would mention it

-Web

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: 2015-06-27 01:58:27 »
I remember hearing about infrequent crashes occurring when using the Beta spell (similar to Hyper Jump). I don't know if there's much I can do, but I could change the animation if this happens frequently enough to discourage active use of the E. Skill; I've not had a Beta crash myself, but then I don't use Enemy Skills very often.

Webbhead08

• View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: 2015-06-27 20:32:21 »
It was only the one time so far, I will let you know if it happens again - Web

PotatoSho

• View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: 2015-06-28 17:29:22 »
Hello Sega Chief,

First of all, thanks for making such an enjoyable mod to play.

I would like to report a couple bugs/potential oversights I've encountered so far throughout my normal gameplay (if it matters, I'm playing with the standalone game downloaded from SE's store):

Returning to Wall Market in CD3, Tifa as party leader, the conversation with Barret seems to be missing a few dialogue lines
Everytime I'm doing the fight for Cloud's limit break, my opponent uses Mog Power, nothing happens and I am locked in the fight until I restart the game.
Also not sure if it is intended or not but on several occasions the witch in the Junon Leagues (I think?) did not block my cures with Hrimfrost.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: 2015-06-28 20:42:33 »
Hello Sega Chief,

First of all, thanks for making such an enjoyable mod to play.

I would like to report a couple bugs/potential oversights I've encountered so far throughout my normal gameplay (if it matters, I'm playing with the standalone game downloaded from SE's store):

Returning to Wall Market in CD3, Tifa as party leader, the conversation with Barret seems to be missing a few dialogue lines
Everytime I'm doing the fight for Cloud's limit break, my opponent uses Mog Power, nothing happens and I am locked in the fight until I restart the game.
Also not sure if it is intended or not but on several occasions the witch in the Junon Leagues (I think?) did not block my cures with Hrimfrost.

Thanks for the bug reports; those are two new ones. Should be easily fixed. The Mog Power one is known, I'm planning to correct it when I overhaul that fight. I'm aiming for sometime in the week after next for releasing 1.35.

Yuffie1983

• View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: 2015-06-29 17:01:32 »
When 1.35 comes out do you think it would possible to make in a IRO type file so it can be used with 7TH Heaven please ;D. I did as well try NT 1.30 with 7TH Heaven latest version by installing the NT mod first and then configuring 7TH Heaven but it always came messed up, the first battle was never with 2 third class soldiers I was fighting Elena from the TURKS and getting killed in 1 hit. Any this new release is looking awesome so I will wait till it released to try it again. Also thank you for your hard work and commitment to this mod. :)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: 2015-06-29 17:40:31 »
I'm gonna have a shot at making an IRO for 1.35; I've got 7H working so I'll be able to test it at least, unlike before when I tried (unsuccessfully) to make my own IRO  :cry:

Yuffie1983

• View Profile
« Reply #1560 on: 2015-06-29 18:13:22 »
I'm gonna have a shot at making an IRO for 1.35; I've got 7H working so I'll be able to test it at least, unlike before when I tried (unsuccessfully) to make my own IRO  :cry:

Thanks Chief would be a lot easier to run with other mods, I have tried as well to make an IRO harder than I thought it would be.

RedManMark86

• View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: 2015-06-29 23:50:15 »
Hi Yuffie, if you look back in this thread I tell people how to install NT 1.2 with 7th Heaven so you can use it and also the NT mod... The process will be the same for 1.3

It has to be done in a specific order using the gameconverter twice if I remember correctly.

I haven't installed 1.3 as I'm waiting for 1.35 or for when the new rank up system is implemented, if this happens to be 1.3 then I will actually do my work around method and post it again but if you search this thread you should find my instructions :)

selius

• View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: 2015-06-30 01:53:09 »
I'm aiming for sometime in the week after next for releasing 1.35.

nice. can't wait

Yuffie1983

• View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: 2015-06-30 16:20:52 »
Hi Yuffie, if you look back in this thread I tell people how to install NT 1.2 with 7th Heaven so you can use it and also the NT mod... The process will be the same for 1.3

It has to be done in a specific order using the gameconverter twice if I remember correctly.

I haven't installed 1.3 as I'm waiting for 1.35 or for when the new rank up system is implemented, if this happens to be 1.3 then I will actually do my work around method and post it again but if you search this thread you should find my instructions :)

Yeah I going to wait for 1.35, I did see the your workaround and I thank you for it :-). But since 1.35 is pretty close I will hold off because the I like the look of re-balancing the Chief is doing along with the rank up system.

Webbhead08

• View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: 2015-06-30 17:43:12 »
Hey Chief just wanted to double check - Vorpar and Mystery Tank can not be morphed (I hope) correct? Thanks as always -

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: 2015-06-30 18:34:00 »
The Mystery Tank can't be Morphed, but Vorpar morphs into a Grow Lance.

\\NT Update//

I got a few days off and have been making some good progress in getting the time-consuming/soul-destroying stuff done. The Rank-Up system is now complete, with all the script in place and functioning. I boosted the number of ranks per character from 4 to 8, and they now display as '1/8', 2/8, etc. so you know how many ranks remain.

SP comes from defeating bosses, and every single character gets some regardless of whether they have been recruited yet or not. Additional SP is accumulated from several sources, including dialog/event choices. The Junon Leagues sidequest has also been given a repeatable SP bonus for the participating character, so that Ranks can be maxed out for every character no matter what.
« Last Edit: 2015-06-30 18:45:49 by Sega Chief »

RPD490

• View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: 2015-07-01 03:13:32 »
Okay, love this mod to death, so I started over again. I figured I give the Arrange mode a shot, even though its under construction, and everything is good except for two bugs, though I don't know if has anything to do with what I did (e.g Change the spell names from their old names to the current ones ((Fire3 to Firaga, so on)) but in the Wall Market, when I am in the middle of doing the crossdressing sequence, if I talk to anyone in Wall Market, like the guy that gives you the Membership Card, you can't exit out of the dialogue, it just freezes there and no input are registering. The game is still running normally but you are stuck in the text box. After bypassing that with Black Chocobo so I get the Card to progress and going all fine, but when you get to the Sewer, you can't climb the ladder. I press every button on keyboard and controller, it doesn't seem like I can climb up the ladder and didn't give me this issue during the whole Sector 5 Reactor sequence when I could climb normally, its just here.

I might go back and start over with the Original Mode to see if it still occurs, but I just wanted to be sure if this is just some of the bugs that are in the Arrange mode.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: 2015-07-01 05:11:43 »
If I recall, both those areas contain save points and there's been some teething trouble where the script isn't closed down properly due to an oversight on my part (it's easily fixed, but it's a tricky time to release a patch at the moment). My best guess is that their scripts are interfering with Cloud's other scripts (the inputs used to trigger the different options are stored with his field group), that would explain the sewer ladder problem. Reloading the save and then avoiding the save point should provide a temporary solution.

The NPC with the Membership Keycard is a different story, as no scripts are triggered with Cloud for this but the NPC does have an oddity of some sort with his scripts; he seems to reset the window he uses to talk with. Maybe this is the cause? I'll do some experimenting with it.

lappers84

• View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: 2015-07-01 21:03:51 »
Hey Chief - when do you reckon you'll have 1.35 up and running?  Absolutely loving this mod, just finished wutai (in vanilla 1.3) currently grinding a little - morph is an absolute godsend, been farming x potions and turbo ethers from enemies near mideel.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: 2015-07-01 21:40:08 »
I'm aiming for sometime next week; I got a few days off so I made a good bit of progress over the last couple of days.

Webbhead08

• View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: 2015-07-02 14:42:13 »
Hey Chief, I just completed the Dark Cave content, which was awesome, except I definitely lost some of my materia. I didn't/don't have enough inventory space to unequip all materia from everyone, and once finding characters during Dark Cave I don't think their materia was re-added to my inventory or something. I wouldn't even mind too much re-leveling the missing materia, except my Enemy Skill and some summons are gone...

Also, I never found Vincent during Dark Cave, and now he is absent from my PHS, do I need to re-enter to gain him back? And is completion is the only way out? Thanks as always. Love love love the new content.

Oh and during the escape sequence, the elevators on the 66th floor froze my game when trying to enter them (no big deal) but thought I would mention

Zara9

• View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: 2015-07-02 14:44:38 »
hey webhead08

you find Vincent in don manison when you had to find tifa in don basement

Webbhead08

• View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: 2015-07-02 14:47:51 »
Ah thanks good to know - still can't find where to get the Ragnorak either!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: 2015-07-02 14:50:41 »
Yeah, the Unequip Materia function on save points doesn't account for remaining space which can lead to lost Materia; it's going to be replaced with something else for the update. What I can do is make an emergency patch that'll add the missing Materia back to your inventory by way of a 'debug' NPC if you like, otherwise a save editor can do the trick (just watch for Steam's save verification; if you modify a save file while the game's launcher is open it should be fine though; make backups before making any changes with Black Chocobo).

I think the Vincent thing is an oversight on my part. At some point I think I removed the requirement for him or Yuffie to be found in order to advance because they were optional characters and might not be present at all, but it looks like I forgot to re-add them via PHS following the sidequest's conclusion. What I'll do is add a discreet handler that checks for Dark Cave's completion + a variable that's critical to Vincent's recruitment and if both conditions are met he'll be re-added to the PHS; I'll add this to one of the Highwind screens.

I'll check the Floor 66 elevator, but was it an actual freeze or did Cloud get stuck walking on the spot? Those elevators have always had this problem where Cloud could become stuck if the confirm key is hit too many times, or if he tries to enter at certain angles. That being said, I'll see if I can't add some kind of 'unstuck' button or maybe a script could run parallel to the 'entering elevator' script that counts down and then auto-warps the player into the elevator after a pre-determined amount of time. If it's an actual freeze/crash though (error message), then let me know.

Edit: Ragnarok should be obtained by morphing the Iron Giant enemy, which can now be encountered randomly on the Left-Down path (the path where Mega-All used to be acquired in the default game).

Webbhead08

• View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: 2015-07-02 15:01:45 »
If it won't take you long to do the NPC debug maneuver, that would be amazing. I wouldn't necessarily mind re-doing the dark cave content again, except it took me around 5 hours and I would love to keep heading forward to the game's completion. It looks like I had Yuffie and Aeris with lots of materia equipped heading into dark cave and their's is what was lost I think, if that helps at all.

I have black chocobo editor and am loosely familiar with it, although haven't actually touched it in ages but I can go that route as well.

66th floor elevator probably froze from me mashing OK, game was running with music but no inputs were working so the game was endlessly looping. Sounds like the old bug.

And one last question - Shield materia?! I thought I got it from beating one of the extra battle square bosses, but I have definitely never seen it in my inventory, where is it?! haha

**Edit: I will actually replay the Dark Cave, I will be able to have Cloud's ultimate weapon this time around which should prove fun. I will de-equip materia appropriately before heading in and snag vincent too so I should be set. Sorry for the hassle Chief, I'm sure I will be back with more - Web

Thanks Chief.
« Last Edit: 2015-07-02 16:41:57 by Webbhead08 »