Author Topic: Help Me FF7 PC - Backgrounds Filter  (Read 7708 times)

GuyverIV

• View Profile
Help Me FF7 PC - Backgrounds Filter
« on: 2014-12-21 10:26:21 »
Hi, guys, i'm an italian fan of final fantasy 7 PC, congratulations for the forum.
I have a specific question to you. Please Help me.
I would like to extract images concerning backgrounds environments final fantasy 7, not battle, every places where you walk with the character (interior & exterior) to apply a filter in style: 2xsai or Hq2x in batch processing mode with my picture editor software and Repack \ Rebuild in the final fantasy 7 PC file type.

Please tell me how to do it or if you are available and you will know more than me, get me the seabed already extracted.

« Last Edit: 2014-12-21 10:35:30 by GuyverIV »

GuyverIV

• View Profile
Re: Help Me FF7 PC - Backgrounds Filter
« Reply #2 on: 2014-12-21 18:11:16 »
Almost everything is not available to download.
but honestly, I need a few precise answers.

1 - Exist a program to extract the backgrounds I mentioned above? if it exists what it's called?
2 - If there is a filter to use on the game files, how should I use it?

I'm referring to the steam version of Final Fantasy 7

Aavock

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2014-12-21 18:56:28 »
You can extract the backgrounds using Aali's Palmer unfortunately you can't repack resized files back to the game's format.

And yes, you can also apply specific filters like Sweet FX (not a shader like Hq2x, xBR...), keep in mind it wilk work for the the entire screen (not only the backgrounds).
« Last Edit: 2014-12-21 19:00:40 by 5way »

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2014-12-22 04:26:38 »
Almost everything is not available to download.
but honestly, I need a few precise answers.

1 - Exist a program to extract the backgrounds I mentioned above? if it exists what it's called?
2 - If there is a filter to use on the game files, how should I use it?

I'm referring to the steam version of Final Fantasy 7

The steam version has no support for external textures. As long nobody decide to make a tool for it as Omzy has done it for FF8 you have to upgrade it to it's previous '98 release version through the gamesconverter.

GuyverIV

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2014-12-22 09:29:10 »
1000 Thanks. 5Way, the Sweet FX filter (i chose: No-scanlines, honestly better) but values change too high, in this filter.
Too strong colors, brightness, shading. Can i change these values? How can i change these values? thanks also to the availability.

KaidenJames

• It's cuz of the !@#$ 'pizza'
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2014-12-22 23:35:36 »
You can edit the Sweetfx_settings.txt. If it's too much color try turning off vibrance or hdr filters in the settings.

GuyverIV

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2014-12-23 13:56:15 »
Thanks KyubiNemesis.

One last specific question...

For example, i have files:

ancnt1_00_00.png                                                                                   
ancnt1_01_00.png                                                                                   
ancnt1_02_00.png                                                                                   
ancnt1_03_00.png                                                                                     
ancnt1_04_00.png                                                                                   
ancnt1_15_00.png                                                                                   
ancnt1_16_00.png

How to rebuild the original file of data\field folder "ancnt1" (the file with no extension)?

And really last question: How can i extract this type of file?
or could you tell me what's inside one of this type of files?

Please help me, thanks!

GuyverIV

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2014-12-23 14:37:19 »
said with few words:

I can integrate backdrops HD, style Omzy, to the steam version of final fantasy 7?

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2014-12-24 11:39:22 »
said with few words:

I can integrate backdrops HD, style Omzy, to the steam version of final fantasy 7?

It's not possible to pack upscaled background textures back to the flevel.lgp.

GuyverIV

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2014-12-25 19:02:28 »
But Could it be possible to hacking steam files version to use the new backgrounds?
Who could make a modification like that? would be very useful!!!  :D
...Who can I contact?