Author Topic: Are we wasting our time...  (Read 7912 times)

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
Re: Are we wasting our time...
« Reply #1 on: 2011-04-10 16:36:57 »
A PSP2 version? Really?  :(

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011-04-10 16:42:10 »
Well if the PSP is basically a portable PS1, I think it's safe to assume PSP2 will be a portable PS2.

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011-04-10 16:46:07 »
Actually i would consider the psp a psx 1.5. So i would assume the new one would be around a 2.5.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011-04-10 16:47:30 »
http://translate.google.com/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pspgen.com%2Finfo-intox-ngp-remake-final-fantasy-vii-preparation-actualite-196434.html&act=url

No, we're not wasting our time. There are four reasons why:

• This is probably a hoax
  • Handhelds are crap
  • FF13's battle system: no explanation needed
  • Squeenix would make a huge mess of everything and have whineyass emo bitches running around grey cityscapes, Genesis popping up everywhere and crappy teen rock music blaring

There is still a place for superior fan projects.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011-04-10 16:51:20 »
3.    FF13's battle system: no explanation needed

I must have missed this.   Immediately do not want.  Whose idea was it to make a horrible hoax

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2011-04-10 16:54:06 »
LOL it's French originally... Need a better translation? lol Well, can't tell but I have a PSP Go and want to stay with it... no matter what.

Edit: Original is better...
« Last Edit: 2011-04-10 16:58:47 by Vgr255 »

Armorvil

• Working on : FFVII Total Grudge
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2011-04-10 17:50:52 »
Complete hoax. If this was true, SE wouldn't change that much about the game. FFVII would only get prettier graphics, re-orchestrated music and perhaps a new optional dungeon. The same way FFI, II, III, IV, V and VI were remade.

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2011-04-10 18:03:10 »
and why would they advertise all the gameplay features to a translator?

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2011-04-10 18:40:25 »
Wait, people are bitching about FFXIII's battle system? That was the only thing that game did right, the battle system was fantastic.

As for calling the system Neo, that just goes along with the theory that NGP stands for Neo Geo Pocket. Not like it matters, since I don't believe for a second this is real.

syntax error

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2011-04-10 19:10:24 »
The PSP2 is like a Xperia Play cell phone equipped with a analog stick and a 5 inch
screen.
It has no UMD and is using a fast phone CPU/GPU combo .

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2011-04-10 20:41:54 »
Wait, people are bitching about FFXIII's battle system? That was the only thing that game did right, the battle system was fantastic.

You're in a minority.

It's also a system that's completely inappropriate for FF. I'm not sure who decided that real time battle was the best way for one person to control a party of three, but whoever it was deserves to get shot.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2011-04-10 21:42:51 »
For once I agree with Kud.  XIII was a blatant dumbing down the likes of which I have never seen before.  IT basically took away 2 playable characters and relegated you to a small time manager with an auto option for the 3rd.

Everything was geared to graphics and very little else.  I can't understand what people find appealing or revolutionary about a system that takes away without adding anything.

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #13 on: 2011-04-10 21:49:01 »
dumbing down

> implying XII was much better

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2011-04-10 21:50:09 »
heh true, it was already in a serious state of affairs but I never expected 1 playable character forced....

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2011-04-10 21:53:10 »
I would say it was a dumbed down version of XII, at least in 12 you could customize more what you wanted characters to do. In XIII all you could do was say hey you be a healer, you throw some magic while i beat on the guy.

yarLson

• spr nrd
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2011-04-11 01:28:05 »
XIII's battle was an absolute mess. The first FF in history where you have AI controlled partners throughout the entire story = epic fail no matter which way you slice it. This compiled onto the fact that you can make it through the entire main story by only pushing x an unreasonable amount of times, no directional input needed. It was a massacre of the strategic masterpiece that many of us had come to love. I completed everything there was to do in 13 besides get that stupid treasure hunter trophy, killing a million adamatoise is not my idea of a good challenge, and I did all this in hopes that I would find something that would redeem the game even to a small degree. However I can only say that it is because of this game that I will never play another FF after Versus arrives.

AND NO WE ARE NOT WASTING OUT TIME
Protable Remake = personal disappointment
XIII Battle system = Catastrophe + Devastation
Compiled onto the fact that this is almost certainly the millionth hoax on the topic of an FFVII remake so far, I'd say that kudi is absolutely right

There is still a place for superior fan projects.

and that place is most definitely right here  ;D

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #17 on: 2011-04-11 02:32:19 »
my 2 cents:

XIII battle system= great, just not great for the final fantasy series, it would have been better in one of squares other products, like nier (i fucking hated that game)

portable remake= square, i am one of the ones wanting a remake, if you remake it only on a freaking portable, i will lose my last bit of respect for you.

PSP2= really? why's everything gotta be what they were before with a number on it afterwords with sony, seriousely. nintendo, though i'm not much a fan, knows what they're doing, N64, gamecube, wii, etc. not gamecube, gamecube 2, gamecube 3, blah blah blah.

:D my 2 cents.

BloodShot

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2011-04-11 02:50:35 »
Obviously a joke. Having some information on a fake email and then putting a picture of the Square Enix logo which is EASILY shopped in due to it being surrounded by a white background makes it clearly fake.

Also, I don't think 13's battle system is that bad, but having only AI controlled allies is stupid. What would have been better would be if anyone you didn't control was AI controlled, and you can switch who you were controlling to manually do their actions. Would make it harder and more interesting.

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2011-04-11 03:05:46 »
Also, I don't think 13's battle system is that bad, but having only AI controlled allies is stupid. What would have been better would be if anyone you didn't control was AI controlled, and you can switch who you were controlling to manually do their actions. Would make it harder and more interesting.

Like the Final Fantasy XII battle system?

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #20 on: 2011-04-11 03:58:32 »
100 different Chocobos? I like the 25 tracks to race them on though, but still. And what's with "plowing" through the overworld?

BloodShot

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2011-04-11 21:12:55 »
"...get the chance to attack prevently. The choice is yours."

Quite the professional wording there.

idl12

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2011-04-11 21:32:35 »
Honeslty I never trust anything from pspgen until it's come to pass. they have been known to be drama queens in the past. Though if its true it's still crap for me since these things tend to always happen just when I get my hands on the previous generation console I.e the psp2 was announced a few months after I got my psp same with the ps2, It's as if everytime I buy an electronic, I get to feel stupid for emptying my pockets too early.

Prince Lex

• Opinionfact is Redundancy
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2011-04-12 00:58:01 »
It would have been far more plausible if whoever wrote it had left out the "gameplay features" and the bit about Final Fantasy 13.