Project forums > Team Avalanche

SpooX Walkmesh exporter alias ShinraTool

<< < (5/6) > >>

anaho:
Just realised that the pword was indepedent from this account- my bad.
On that MDS7PB1 blender file:
I would like to do that since 99% of the modelling seems to done already.
However the conversion from 3DS totally ruined the whole geometry ( bad normals everywhere, scrambled UVs, everything is in tris...).
Maybe you should just post the 3DS file in the repo and I will do the conversion to blender myself and extract the camera data. Been doing that for every scene file anyway XD

Mayo Master:
I would like to add a side note for Blender users:
After running the script given by SpooX's ShinraTools, I strongly recommend you scale everything in the scene (with respect to the central 0,0,0 coordinates) by 0.01.
Everything should look the same, but downscaling everything in this manner appears necessary whenever you want to run a smoke or a fluid simulation in the scene. My works on eals_1 and colne_be3 had me facing these issues.

anaho:
How so I align the camera in Blender to the file I recreate? Is there a script for it? I used to do it manually SKetchup-> 3DSMax-> Blender but the exporter from 3DSMAX to Blender is long lost and no one seems to have backup.

SpooX:

--- Quote from: anaho on 2016-11-12 18:40:57 ---How so I align the camera in Blender to the file I recreate? Is there a script for it? I used to do it manually SKetchup-> 3DSMax-> Blender but the exporter from 3DSMAX to Blender is long lost and no one seems to have backup.

--- End quote ---
Hi Anaho
if you use the tool, you get the alignment of the camera in the script already.

as an example:

--- Code: ---...
def putCamTarget():
    # Create Empty as target
    bpy.ops.object.add(type='EMPTY', location=(-29,-221.4932,977.2385))
    bpy.context.active_object.name = 'CamTarget'
def putCam():
    # Create a camera and get the shape name.
    data = bpy.data.cameras.new('ANFRST_2Cam')
    vcam = bpy.data.objects.new('ANFRST_2Cam', data)
    vcam.location = (-29,-9015,977.2385)
    vcam.scale = (1.0, 1.0, 1.0)
    #data.angle_x = 9.320189
    data.lens = 214.687522024547
    data.draw_size = 100
    data.clip_end = 10000.0
    data.sensor_width = 35.0
    bpy.context.scene.objects.link(vcam)

--- End code ---

So you don't need to do the whole sketchup-->3ds-max-->blender workflow, but can start directly using blender or 3dsmax...

I hope this helps.
 8-)

anaho:
This will help very much. Thank you for your great help as always :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version