Project forums > FF7Voice

FF7 Voices - assessing interest

<< < (4/14) > >>

Covarr:
Interest in voicing characters isn't worth much at this point; frankly, interested voice actors are easy to find (though admittedly, talented ones are a little tougher). We need a project manager and proper auditions first and foremost, and so far nobody's stepped up to the plate as a manager yet.

ff7rules:
have you ever watched FF7 abridged? ask them if there interested in helping out? voices can be a little funny but thats on purpose https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJtNO5CgPRk

Shard:
Worst case scenario: You could wait until next year when the FF8 project is done, then I can do it all  :-\

Akabi:

--- Quote from: Shard on 2014-07-09 15:19:32 ---Basically, that person will have to prepare all the dialogue they want recorded (including how they should be named or organized), keep track of the cast's email/skype, and schedule recording sessions for individual actors and myself (you don't record them together, it's way too hard to coordinate, and it's also a colossal waste of time).

They will also have to do most of the casting process, though I can help with that a little, depending on how much spare time I have.

I can do any audio editing and file naming on my end before I send the files to whoever's collecting them, so they don't need any audio skills. They just have to love spreadsheets.

--- End quote ---

So you need a manager/secretary more than actual actors >_> Yeah, I could help with that. I have no idea about the equipment that could be use for something like this, I always practiced in an actual physical studio, but I did have some brushes with schedules and stuff like that, since I also worked as a secretary  ;D
I could help with coaching and directing too if needed.

@ LeonhartGR: I'm a mexican living in Canada  :-D

Shard:
The actors will be recording everything on their end, so they'll be using whatever equipment they have. We'll have to mention that their auditions have to be used with the same mic they intend to do the actual part with, or have them tell us they're willing to buy a good microphone if they get a part.

The person who was supposed to be doing that stuff for the FF8 project has apparently vanished from the face of the planet. I'm going to be pretty busy this weekend picking up the slack, but next week we can get things started.

I guess the consensus is that we'll use DLPB's translation? @Ficedula: You can generate the same XML files using DLPB's mod instead of the vanilla text, right?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version