Project forums > FF7Voice

FF7 Voices - assessing interest

<< < (13/14) > >>

ficedula:

--- Quote from: Shard on 2014-11-24 23:15:45 ---I'm about to finish up prepping the raw script (it will need some formatting and a lot of localization) and wanted to check a few things.

We will be adding dialogue boxes to the game to allow selected dialogue choices to play sounds (the response will pop up right after you choose it). We will be able to update everyone's texts through touphScript, but will we also be able to easily modify the scripts in everyone's flevel?

--- End quote ---

If the only reason you're adding the dialogue boxes is so that, after a choice is made, a sound/voice file is played, then rather than changing the field files it'd be simpler to just add support for that into Ultrasound.

...I'd have to investigate before I could promise that yes, it's definitely possible, but I think it certainly might be.

Shard:
How will you prevent the two sounds from playing on top of each other? It'd be kind of awkward if the choice sound played while the response dialogue was showing.

ficedula:
Oh, I see - the intention is that after the player selects an option, you play the voice file for that choice while [effectively] pausing the game, and then let it progress to the next dialogue window?

That would be trickier to do, but it might be possible. Ultrasound is already overriding certain things (which is why you can use it to replace sound effects).

genesis063:
nvm just saw the topic and the deadline sucks but that's how it goes.

TerriblyGrimm:
I haven't read the entire thread yet,

but I would be willing to lend my voice to this cause, I have a decent headset with decent mic,
and i've been told my accent and voice are very enjoyable to listen too

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version