Author Topic: How to arrange objects - questions from a noob  (Read 9086 times)

Silver Wings

• View Profile
How to arrange objects - questions from a noob
« on: 2007-06-26 03:42:46 »
I've made all Cloud's pieces and converted them to .p file, then i tried replacing the orginal Cloud's model, but i dont know how to arrange the objects correctly, because i dont know how to work with kimera, can anyone help me :cry:

and one more thing, when working with PCreator, i did the same way for all pieces but why there were only some sub-objects were textured  :?

*edit: it seems i've been able to arrange the objects, but still have problems with texture

« Last Edit: 2007-06-26 08:34:16 by silver_wings »

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
Re: How to arrange objects - questions from a noob
« Reply #1 on: 2007-06-26 09:51:14 »
Probably you haven't set the textures up properly, you have to have each texture slot filed with a texture according to its number. Therefore say you have two parts to clouds body, you set texture groups one and two for the peices, you then have to put the textures in order, so rtac,rtad. This is why I always joined the objects together in MAX and combined all the textures into one group so I didn't have to mess around with all that, only thing is you have to refit all the UV maps to fit the texture properly.

Silver Wings

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007-06-26 13:03:04 »
i've followed these steps:

- combine textures in only one 8-bit bitmap picture to create material for all objects
- use the material with whole objects
- Unwrap UVW
- convert them to editable poly to cut out useless components
- extract them to .3ds preserving MAX’s textures Coordinates
- open each piece in PCreator, open the "textured bitmap" and flip the cords to get correct map
- Tick "Texture file(s)" in Option menu and save

but there are only 3 textured file of the original Cloud's model, so i replaced them all by the texture which was created by the bitmap, did i do smt wrong  :?

anyway, can you show me an example of your progress  :-D

*edit: i found that i didnt edit .rsd file so it caused the problem, i've just done it and now it works, thank for your help
« Last Edit: 2007-06-26 16:14:19 by silver_wings »

Hyunckel

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007-06-27 16:08:56 »
but there are only 3 textured file of the original Cloud's model, so i replaced them all by the texture which was created by the bitmap, did i do smt wrong  :?

I think all the steps were correct. BUT, there is only one texture file you need to swap with the one you used as a material in 3DS Max. It's the same texture file used for all the parts of the char.

anyway, can you show me an example of your progress  :-D
I thought he gave up on this.  :-D

*edit: i found that i didnt edit .rsd file so it caused the problem, i've just done it and now it works, thank for your help

Hum, yeah there is also this maybe... Once Weemus talked about that...

Anyway, good luck  :-P

Silver Wings

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007-06-27 22:08:59 »
hm, do you have any tips in arrangement, i did it but seems pretty horrible

what i did (in Biturn and ingame)

(dont know what happened to lgptools as i was able to replace only first 14 files, from #15 it didnt replace anythings  :-P)
« Last Edit: 2007-06-28 02:30:12 by silver_wings »

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007-06-28 05:07:44 »
You have to tweak all the parts in kimera, by resizing the parts and moving them around a bit. As it looks he could stand to lose a few pounds  :-P.

Silver Wings

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007-06-28 14:30:18 »
how do i join all parts to only one window? In v0.81,0.83, i could only open one by one file, in v0.7, i could open an hrc file but couldnt do anything except double-clicking in one part to modify one by one

and why the texture went crazy after moving or rotating although they were normal from the beginning  :? (and why lgptools didnt allow me to replace any files from #15 :cry:)
« Last Edit: 2007-06-30 01:41:37 by silver_wings »

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007-06-29 07:01:00 »
You don't double click the part and open it in a new window, you just click it once and move it in the main window. You'll know when you see a green bounding box around the piece.

Silver Wings

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007-06-29 11:05:01 »
but in v0.81 and 0.83, whenever i open a skeleton file, i always got "Error 53" (Unknown error loading)

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007-06-29 12:56:29 »
Oh I see what you mean, well I only did the battle models so I can't be to sure why the field models won't work. BORDE!! lol.

Silver Wings

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007-06-29 23:37:29 »
ah, i've just tried battle model of Cloud and the result is not too bad  :-D

well, when I get stuck on field models, i'll go with battle models, but can you give me which files are the parts of Tifa,Aerith,Cid,Sephiroth,Yuffie  :? (and also Vincent,Barret,Caith Sith if possible :-D). I only know Cloud's ones from your posts before

ps: why you didnt do the field models, it cant be out of your reach, you feel bored, dont you?

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007-06-29 23:52:28 »
No weeemus did the field model converting, plus I stopped doing my mod a while ago now. I've been doing more complicated modeling projects for small mods, and I'm getting my stuff together to pull a team together for a crysis mod(not noens Midgar thing). I'ts gonna be an accurate WWII realism mod, well as real as you can get without taking the fun away anyway  :-P.

Silver Wings

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007-06-30 00:18:33 »
anyway, hope your work will run better and better  :-D

and ... :wink: can you tell me which are the files of Tifa,Aerith,Cid,Sephiroth,Yuffie  battle models (and also Vincent,Barret,Caith Sith if possible :-D).
« Last Edit: 2007-06-30 01:16:39 by silver_wings »

sword

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007-06-30 00:31:12 »
Check here under documents.
http://www.alhexx.com/

But anyway, that model looks great. Think you might want to do us (mostly me) a favor and release to the public?

Silver Wings

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007-06-30 17:43:42 »
Check here under documents.
http://www.alhexx.com/

thank you so much :-D

But anyway, that model looks great. Think you might want to do us (mostly me) a favor and release to the public?

you know, nearly 2 weeks ago, i completely didnt know anything but now, although i'm still being stuck in the field models, i can understand the basic steps and can do some small things (thank to everyone here who helps me a lot :wink:), it's really exciting when you do it yourself. I've thought of sharing my work but my skill isnt good enough now, it may be more certain when i can pass the field models

sword

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007-06-30 18:55:06 »
you know, nearly 2 weeks ago, i completely didn't know anything but now, although I'm still being stuck in the field models, i can understand the basic steps and can do some small things (thank to everyone here who helps me a lot :wink:), it's really exciting when you do it yourself. I've thought of sharing my work but my skill isn't good enough now, it may be more certain when i can pass the field models

Granted, however, one of the best ways for people to help you is to release, quote, beta patches un-quote, so people can see it in action, better pin-point the problem. and experiment with it themselves and pass the info to you.
Plus, I've found that releasing beta patches increases the chance for a person to complete the project, for whatever reason.
But of course it's your call. :wink:

Murak Modder

• http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?murak.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007-07-02 12:35:06 »
I agree with sword, it will be more certain that it will be completed if there's a beta version released, also, I know that some people on the forums go here just to convert models from field to battle and vice versa.

Silver Wings

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007-07-02 18:11:48 »
First of all, i want to say that what I am doing is only my hobby and it's a tiny thing (as many ppl can do easily), so i prefer saying "share my work" to "release a beta version"  :wink:

And...well, i'll share what i've done possibly at this weekend (when i complete Tifa, Aeris and Sep), but notice, there will be only battle models of playable characters, still be some troubles (eg: flying objects :lol:) and i'm not gonna fix them (cuz i dont have enough talent and time to do :-D) AND i dont have any responsibilities for what happen to you (i hope no), OK?

ps: i still get stuck in the field models (textures and lgptools) as i said from the beginning of the topic, can anyone help me, please  :oops:

truesdale

« Reply #18 on: 2007-07-02 19:16:22 »
I will gladly help you silver wings. and before you ask abut me time wise, I have nothing better to do than make simple mods, Instead, I could use my time in a more productive way and help you by seeing if I can create a successful field conversion of your models, and I am willing to spends weeks on a single model to get it working.
so, I hope you consider my offer.

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007-07-03 11:53:08 »
WHY THE HOLY HELL IS MY FACE ON YOUR AVATAR

Mod Edit (SB): Please keep the font size down, try not to shout next time.

Much better.
« Last Edit: 2007-07-04 10:29:50 by squeeble »

sword

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007-07-04 15:29:40 »
First of all, i want to say that what I am doing is only my hobby and it's a tiny thing (as many ppl can do easily), so i prefer saying "share my work" to "release a beta version"  :wink:

And...well, i'll share what i've done possibly at this weekend (when i complete Tifa, Aeris and Sep), but notice, there will be only battle models of playable characters, still be some troubles (eg: flying objects :lol:) and i'm not gonna fix them (cuz i dont have enough talent and time to do :-D) AND i dont have any responsibilities for what happen to you (i hope no), OK?

ps: i still get stuck in the field models (textures and lgptools) as i said from the beginning of the topic, can anyone help me, please  :oops:

Any time you want to "share your work" I'm here.
But this goes back to what I was saying earlier, release what you have of the model and let the members try and tweak and pass it on to you. And you don't need to worry about being a "whiny noob". We're here to help. (Anyone can say I was an extremely annoying noob :wink:)

Silver Wings

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007-07-04 18:03:47 »
I will gladly help you silver wings. and before you ask abut me time wise, I have nothing better to do than make simple mods, Instead, I could use my time in a more productive way and help you by seeing if I can create a successful field conversion of your models, and I am willing to spends weeks on a single model to get it working.
so, I hope you consider my offer.

of course i agree, thank for your help but remember that i wanna convert Kingdom Hearts's models to field models :-D

truesdale

« Reply #22 on: 2007-07-05 07:59:59 »
well, we can see who can get a working field model first. the challenge: convert the same model to the field, let's see who can do it quicker. :P