Author Topic: Cloud: "...A lot has happened"  (Read 3390 times)

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Cloud: "...A lot has happened"
« on: 2021-05-08 20:47:34 »
Hello everyone. It's been quite a while, hasn't it? I don't think I've been a regular member of this forum in - well - close to ten years now.

What has happened to everyone?

I remember Halkun was working for a console vendor - maybe it was Nintendo? Is he still in the reverse engineering scene at all? A lot of the FFVII internals YouTubers have gone dark. KudistosMegistos seems to have erased himself from the internet; Terence Ferguson too. I sometimes wonder what they're up to.

I saw Seifer/Dan/DLPB mentioned in a article in... Vice, I think? And of course, he's gotten himself banned again. I guess some things never change.

I'm a software engineer now, living in London. I don't work in games but I have done bits of VR work - I wouldn't mind getting into graphics programming. It would be nice to work on something that isn't just shuffling strings in and out of databases! I've got other priorities this year first, though: I'm currently losing a lot of weight, dating again after the pandemic, and trying to start writing again. Maybe once that's stable I can look at other development careers.

I never did finish my big FFVII mod, Rebirth. The scope of the project just grew and grew, and every time I wanted to rebalance something, I had to start playtesting all over. The irony is, ten years later, I actually would have the knowhow to finish it.

I can see there's been a lot of progress elsewhere, though. I just picked up the Lunatic Pandora mod for FFVIII, and the beta for Angelwing. I think it's absolutely amazing where we are nowadays. What are people working on these days?
« Last Edit: 2021-05-09 07:47:07 by Bosola »

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
Re: Cloud: "...A lot has happened"
« Reply #1 on: 2021-05-09 11:33:38 »
Welcome back, alot has happened. Its once again a whole new crowd around here. Some of the older users do pop on from time to time. Lots of progress has been made w/ FFNx (new driver based on aali's old code). They can always use more eyes if you want to dip your toes in to gfx. On the mod front there is a lot a nice new backgrounds and for those that use it I've heard the new version of 7th heaven works well.There are also quite a mods few tools being worked on still If your looking for other things to code.

MysticLord

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2021-05-09 12:52:18 »
Join the Discord, much more activity there.

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: 2021-05-09 15:00:02 »
Welcome back, alot has happened. Its once again a whole new crowd around here. Some of the older users do pop on from time to time. Lots of progress has been made w/ FFNx (new driver based on aali's old code). They can always use more eyes if you want to dip your toes in to gfx. On the mod front there is a lot a nice new backgrounds and for those that use it I've heard the new version of 7th heaven works well.There are also quite a mods few tools being worked on still If your looking for other things to code.

Hi Sithlord! Thanks for the pointers, I'll look into those.

(Also - OT for FF, but I'm also thinking about working on this: https://github.com/AliveTeam/alive_reversing)

Quote from: MysticLord
Join the Discord, much more activity there.

I will do just that!

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #4 on: 2021-05-09 19:24:48 »
Squall's ghost is still haunting this place though... muahahaha, or better... Bujurururu!

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2021-05-09 22:28:50 »
Oh wow theres an old soul. Welcome back!

etbandung

• Guru Bahasa Inggris
    • View Profile
    • Kursus Bahasa Inggris Di Bandung
« Reply #6 on: 2021-07-21 04:31:23 »
welcome back bro, lets hope everything is good

RPGillespie

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/rpgillespie6
« Reply #7 on: 2021-10-31 02:22:28 »
A little late to the party, I used to frequent these forums back in 2005-2007ish. I was a freshman in high school at the time. I remember when Q-Gears was kicked off (and I even submitted a logo to the Q-Gears logo contest!). Only a few people probably remember me (Qhimm probably remembers me from the time I went on trolling spree with an admin impersonation account I made called "Qhimm`" (note the backtick). Surprised he didn't ban me after that (but glad he gave me a second chance :P). Anyway, I'm married with 3 kids now, been working as a professional software developer for embedded linux ARM systems for about 8 years.