Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4965243 times)

saw2th

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #8525 on: 2019-09-14 22:17:03 »
Another nice feature could be to have a shortcut to the Junon Leagues once you access them for the first time. Such as you enter lower Junon and talk to a soldier nearby who teleports you into the league room.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #8526 on: 2019-09-14 22:54:50 »
saw2th, please use the edit button instead of double- and triple-posting minutes apart like this.

saw2th

• View Profile
« Reply #8527 on: 2019-09-15 11:39:10 »
Spoiler: show
Not sure if this was intentional or maybe had something to do with doing my playthrough while toggling on the Randomizer, but the game cut straight to the dance party after defeating sephiroth, and told me I beat the hack without using sources, which is definitely untrue. It didn't show the cutscene with mr. smile, either, as seen in a video. I am unable to see the regular ending sequence with redxiii and the overgrown midgar, which was kind of sad. is there still more than one ending?

markul

• View Profile
« Reply #8528 on: 2019-09-15 13:33:37 »
Hi Sega Chief  ;D
A small idea for the final update.
 On the final screen, when you talk to Mr. Smile, you can put the name selection menu for Cloud (Maybe Smile wants to know who he's talking to : / ), the idea is that people can put their name, just so that, on the last screen, that name may appear in the "end".

Fauve

• View Profile
« Reply #8529 on: 2019-09-16 09:50:43 »
//NT Update

-) Initial Stats
   Tweak to starting stats of each character

Does anyone know what the intial stats are for every character in 1.5? Also, does anyone have the 1.5 rank up otions for everyone as well?

Karsh Highwind

• View Profile
« Reply #8530 on: 2019-09-16 15:31:22 »
Does anyone know what the intial stats are for every character in 1.5? Also, does anyone have the 1.5 rank up otions for everyone as well?

I don't have the initial stats on hand at the moment as I am at work, but I can pull those numbers for you when I get home.

-) Character Base Stats

Cloud
   Str - 43
   Vit - 28
   Mag - 27
   Spr - 32
   Dex - 16
   Luck - 14

Barret
   Str - 45
   Vit - 43
   Mag - 9
   Spr - 37
   Dex - 8
   Luck - 12

Tifa
   Str - 47
   Vit - 12
   Mag - 23
   Spr - 18
   Dex - 42
   Luck - 9

Aerith
   Str - 22
   Vit - 11
   Mag - 47
   Spr - 22
   Dex - 32
   Luck - 25

Red XIII
   Str - 35
   Vit - 27
   Mag - 32
   Spr - 25
   Dex - 35
   Luck - 12

Yuffie
   Str - 37
   Vit - 8
   Mag - 38
   Spr - 11
   Dex - 50
   Luck - 12

Vincent
   Str - 42
   Vit - 41
   Mag - 40
   Spr - 39
   Dex - 38
   Luck - 29

Cid
   Str - 50
   Vit - 34
   Mag - 12
   Spr - 10
   Dex - 11
   Luck - 90

For some reason I am missing Cait Sith (Admittedly, I don't use him very much either)

For the rank up options, I do have those as well on my PC at home and I can edit this post for you and include it. Each character has 5 rank up options you can select from for the builds for a maximum of 8 total ranks...I believe one of the readme's that Sega Chief has out only indicates 4 of them and some of those values may be off now after a few changes.

I should be home from work around 3 pm MST so I'll try and get you the info before Monster Hunter World: Iceborne continues to suck my soul haha.
« Last Edit: 2019-09-16 23:45:00 by Karsh Highwind »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8531 on: 2019-09-16 21:43:14 »
Hi all I caught the flu so will be out for couple days. Will pick up peoples posts when I'm a bit better

iDerek759

• View Profile
« Reply #8532 on: 2019-09-16 23:02:15 »
Oh, bummer Chief :(

Get well soon!

nirwanda

• View Profile
« Reply #8533 on: 2019-09-16 23:52:22 »
Hey Sega Chief, sorry you've been feeling under the weather. Best wishes, man.
I've been having  a lot of fun with the mod, though I'm a little stuck on something.

The only hint we get for the piano in shinra mansion is "melody". Are we supposed to play tifa's theme? I tried that but whenever I press [switch] (insert or X in the xbone controller) the text box temporarily closes and reopens and a cancel sound plays instead of the aproppiate sound.
I haven't been able to play it in her piano either. [switch] works fine and the melody is the same one as I remember but there is no recognition of playing it right (the one gil you got at this point in the vanilla game). Is there some hint I'm missing. Was the melody changed? Or am I doing something wrong? (it's my first time playing ff7 pc)
BTW the Tifa melody i found online was: [C] [Insert] [V] ([Page Up]+[V]) ([Page Up]+[Insert]) [C] [Insert] [V] ([Page Up]+[C]) [X] [C] [Insert] [C]

calamitycain

• View Profile
« Reply #8534 on: 2019-09-18 08:26:42 »
Hello, on "Disc 3" of the Steam Version here, and finally taking on my party's final limit break sidequests. Which are great, but the game isn't terribly clear on all of them.

Right now I'm stuck on Cid's sidequest. I visited the Tiny Bronco, and the mechanic made allusions to needing something Shin-Ra made, and mentioned Wall Market.

Well I went to Wall Market and scoured it. It's possible I missed something but I know I checked every place anything Shin-Ra or mechanical could be.

Furthermore when I search playthroughs of this mod, this doesn't match my playthrough at all: when the party returns to Cid's house, there is no discussion about the Tiny Bronco - instead they meet Cid's protoge and fight his creations? The playthroughs also show Tifa as party leader, making me believe I could have pursued everyone's final limit breaks before regaining Cloud - an option that was not made available to me. The "New Threat" guy on the Highwind's bridge didn't become available until I hit the Northern Cave after defeating Hojo. So far I've gotten Barret's and Red XIII's without issue (unless you count the pain and humiliation of multiple defeats haha) and have located but not yet beaten Vincent's and Yuffie's.

TL;DR So here's my questions:

1) Has the quest for Cid's final limit changed in this most recent version of the mod? Because let's plays of the mod seem to indicate that. Unless...

2) Is there a bug where the little twerp doesn't appear in Cid's house like he's supposed to? Or...

3) Am I just missing the next part of the quest due to my ignorance? I checked everywhere with Cid in my party.

markul

• View Profile
« Reply #8535 on: 2019-09-18 18:54:33 »
Hello, on "Disc 3" of the Steam Version here, and finally taking on my party's final limit break sidequests. Which are great, but the game isn't terribly clear on all of them.

Right now I'm stuck on Cid's sidequest. I visited the Tiny Bronco, and the mechanic made allusions to needing something Shin-Ra made, and mentioned Wall Market.

Well I went to Wall Market and scoured it. It's possible I missed something but I know I checked every place anything Shin-Ra or mechanical could be.

Furthermore when I search playthroughs of this mod, this doesn't match my playthrough at all: when the party returns to Cid's house, there is no discussion about the Tiny Bronco - instead they meet Cid's protoge and fight his creations? The playthroughs also show Tifa as party leader, making me believe I could have pursued everyone's final limit breaks before regaining Cloud - an option that was not made available to me. The "New Threat" guy on the Highwind's bridge didn't become available until I hit the Northern Cave after defeating Hojo. So far I've gotten Barret's and Red XIII's without issue (unless you count the pain and humiliation of multiple defeats haha) and have located but not yet beaten Vincent's and Yuffie's.

1) Has the quest for Cid's final limit changed in this most recent version of the mod? Because let's plays of the mod seem to indicate that. Unless...

2) Is there a bug where the little twerp doesn't appear in Cid's house like he's supposed to? Or...

3) Am I just missing the next part of the quest due to my ignorance? I checked everywhere with Cid in my party.
In NT V1.5
Try this: Put Cid as your Leader  in the party, and go to wall Market ,to the Machine Gun Room.

markul

• View Profile
« Reply #8536 on: 2019-09-18 19:20:07 »
Hey Sega Chief, sorry you've been feeling under the weather. Best wishes, man.
I've been having  a lot of fun with the mod, though I'm a little stuck on something.

The only hint we get for the piano in shinra mansion is "melody". Are we supposed to play tifa's theme? I tried that but whenever I press [switch] (insert or X in the xbone controller) the text box temporarily closes and reopens and a cancel sound plays instead of the aproppiate sound.
I haven't been able to play it in her piano either. [switch] works fine and the melody is the same one as I remember but there is no recognition of playing it right (the one gil you got at this point in the vanilla game). Is there some hint I'm missing. Was the melody changed? Or am I doing something wrong? (it's my first time playing ff7 pc)
BTW the Tifa melody i found online was: [C] [Insert] [V] ([Page Up]+[V]) ([Page Up]+[Insert]) [C] [Insert] [V] ([Page Up]+[C]) [X] [C] [Insert] [C]

The melody is the same dont worry for that sound or the text box blinking.Maybe you have other  keyboard config.

Notes:
Do, Re, Mi, Ti, La, Do, Re, Mi, So, Fa, Do, Re, Do

Cancel, Switch, Menu, Pgup+Menu, Pgup+Switch, Cancel, Switch, Menu, Pgup+Cancel, OK, Cancel, Switch, Cancel

calamitycain

• View Profile
« Reply #8537 on: 2019-09-18 20:10:04 »
In NT V1.5
Try this: Put Cid as your Leader  in the party, and go to wall Market ,to the Machine Gun Room.

Okay thanks. How do I change leaders? I've read that I have to go into the Northern Cave to do that (haven't tried it yet), but I've also ready that you go to the Operations room in the Highwind, which I've tried, but the guy there just acts as a save point (PHS/Save/Restore HP/MP).

nirwanda

• View Profile
« Reply #8538 on: 2019-09-18 21:10:52 »
Thanks for the help, but still not getting results.
Tried it again, tried with keyboard and joystick, tried changing the key configuration, nothing seems to matter. Besides switch, Pgup+menu also seems to trigger the blinking, pgup+switch, doesn't, though...
https://youtu.be/gOZzJHmMawc

BTW: I'm using the steam version and no other mods.
« Last Edit: 2019-09-18 21:27:49 by nirwanda »

Fauve

• View Profile
« Reply #8539 on: 2019-09-18 22:11:23 »
I don't have the initial stats on hand at the moment as I am at work, but I can pull those numbers for you when I get home.

-) Character Base Stats

Cloud
   Str - 43
   Vit - 28
   Mag - 27
   Spr - 32
   Dex - 16
   Luck - 14

Barret
   Str - 45
   Vit - 43
   Mag - 9
   Spr - 37
   Dex - 8
   Luck - 12

Tifa
   Str - 47
   Vit - 12
   Mag - 23
   Spr - 18
   Dex - 42
   Luck - 9

Aerith
   Str - 22
   Vit - 11
   Mag - 47
   Spr - 22
   Dex - 32
   Luck - 25

Red XIII
   Str - 35
   Vit - 27
   Mag - 32
   Spr - 25
   Dex - 35
   Luck - 12

Yuffie
   Str - 37
   Vit - 8
   Mag - 38
   Spr - 11
   Dex - 50
   Luck - 12

Vincent
   Str - 42
   Vit - 41
   Mag - 40
   Spr - 39
   Dex - 38
   Luck - 29

Cid
   Str - 50
   Vit - 34
   Mag - 12
   Spr - 10
   Dex - 11
   Luck - 90

For some reason I am missing Cait Sith (Admittedly, I don't use him very much either)

For the rank up options, I do have those as well on my PC at home and I can edit this post for you and include it. Each character has 5 rank up options you can select from for the builds for a maximum of 8 total ranks...I believe one of the readme's that Sega Chief has out only indicates 4 of them and some of those values may be off now after a few changes.

I should be home from work around 3 pm MST so I'll try and get you the info before Monster Hunter World: Iceborne continues to suck my soul haha.
Hey thanks.

And sorry to hear that Sega, feel better soon.
« Last Edit: 2019-09-18 22:17:17 by Fauve »

demos1085

• View Profile
« Reply #8540 on: 2019-09-19 00:12:22 »
Sorry to hear you got sick Sega Chief, hope you get better soon.

Also a quick question for when you rejoin the forums: Any idea when there will be a new version of the vanilla combat mode? I am really looking forward to that one.

Anyway, best wishes, hope to see you back soon.

calamitycain

• View Profile
« Reply #8541 on: 2019-09-19 17:26:49 »
In NT V1.5

Ah, figured it out by braving the Northern Crater finally. I figured I could nab all the limits without touching the Crater, given that the New Threat dude was there already. Besides, New Threat taught me not to underestimate new zones. haha Thanks again.

markul

• View Profile
« Reply #8542 on: 2019-09-19 17:41:38 »
Okay thanks. How do I change leaders? I've read that I have to go into the Northern Cave to do that (haven't tried it yet), but I've also ready that you go to the Operations room in the Highwind, which I've tried, but the guy there just acts as a save point (PHS/Save/Restore HP/MP).
In that room ,to the right ,must be another guy .If not,try to go to the bottom of the Northern Cave and check again

Thanks for the help, but still not getting results.
Tried it again, tried with keyboard and joystick, tried changing the key configuration, nothing seems to matter. Besides switch, Pgup+menu also seems to trigger the blinking, pgup+switch, doesn't, though...
https://youtu.be/gOZzJHmMawc

BTW: I'm using the steam version and no other mods.
Its strange,in that video, i only hear 11 sounds and there are 13. Check every note.
« Last Edit: 2019-09-19 17:45:03 by markul »

nirwanda

• View Profile
« Reply #8543 on: 2019-09-19 19:56:59 »
Yeah. i didn't play it right that time i recorded..oops! But I have played it several times the right way when trying. here isa new recording https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Q32fl911E8&feature=youtu.be

markul

• View Profile
« Reply #8544 on: 2019-09-20 07:44:48 »
Yeah. i didn't play it right that time i recorded..oops! But I have played it several times the right way when trying. here isa new recording https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Q32fl911E8&feature=youtu.be
:/    \:    I dont know .Maybe you already activate the Shinra piano and didnt notice?
Try to go to the Nibel Reactor
. Or ,if you want,u can put here your savefile to check it for myself :/

nirwanda

• View Profile
« Reply #8545 on: 2019-09-20 10:09:30 »
Lol, no I didn't activate it.
If you want to go the extra mile to help me and check the save game.... https://www.dropbox.com/s/w6c4ekic1flohgw/FINAL%20FANTASY%20VII%20Steam.rar?dl=1
Thanks a lot again, you're a amazing

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #8546 on: 2019-09-20 10:32:06 »

That sounds like an old version, 1.4 probably. The catalog IRO still hasn't been updated. Updating now to 1.5 would be a bad idea as some of the savemap variables were changed around between versions.

Sorry to hear you got sick Sega Chief, hope you get better soon.

Also a quick question for when you rejoin the forums: Any idea when there will be a new version of the vanilla combat mode? I am really looking forward to that one.

Anyway, best wishes, hope to see you back soon.

I'll sort it out during the weekend; I need to figure out how to fix this corrupted field.

Thanks Markul and Kain for fielding questions this week while I was ill.

rnolazco

• View Profile
« Reply #8547 on: 2019-09-20 11:04:34 »
Sorry to bother but I seemed to have missed out on Death Sentence during the Cosmo Canyon portion. Is there no other place to get it?

nirwanda

• View Profile
« Reply #8548 on: 2019-09-20 12:24:15 »
According to what I read in the documentation you can enter cosmo canyon again in disk 3

markul

• View Profile
« Reply #8549 on: 2019-09-20 19:00:21 »
That sounds like an old version, 1.4 probably. The catalog IRO still hasn't been updated. Updating now to 1.5 would be a bad idea as some of the savemap variables were changed around between versions.

I'll sort it out during the weekend; I need to figure out how to fix this corrupted field.

Thanks Markul and Kain for fielding questions this week while I was ill.
Dont mentione it O_o

Lol, no I didn't activate it.
If you want to go the extra mile to help me and check the save game.... https://www.dropbox.com/s/w6c4ekic1flohgw/FINAL%20FANTASY%20VII%20Steam.rar?dl=1
Thanks a lot again, you're a amazing
Ok now i undesrtand  it xD there is no problem,the only thing its that Sega put a condition to  activate the piano event in other moment of the game(makes sense) i suppose that if you try again in the Disc 3 you could activate the event =)