Author Topic: Problems and questions with FFVII - Ultima Edition  (Read 8111 times)

Mkilbride2599

• View Profile
Now I saw yer topic about nothing asking about this game, but I thought you ment the pirated version of it...so here go's.

The game crashed at all the ussual points and I applied the patches, they all worked and I think your site for having good links to them all. But it is now crashing at a certain part. That part is after you get the black materia a second time and give it to barrett or Red XII, I gave it to XII. Now I go through all the scenes, events and plot twists until the scene happens when I actually hand it to seph, while he is in the goo pod. Now the big "Weapon" comes up in the mini-scene and claws the snow mountain. It now blacks out and crashes.

I did not see any topics related to this specific point of the game...

I've applied the 1.02 patch(offical) and the 1.04 patch(from animevamp) I know they are designed for the original, but they did not mess the game up any...and the chocobo patch.

I have no other mods intalled, because I can't find out how to use those LPG tools or something(off-topic)

I've set it in WIN 98 and 95 compat, neither works.

I'm wondering if someone may know what's wrong?

Basic System Stats(BSS)

1.53 Ghz processer
512 MB ram
128 MB Video memory, GeForce 6800 OC(I know, a bit too much for my processer)(Latest drivers also)
11 gigs of space free

And if you ment no help for the Ultima Edition, then this long post is redundant.

Thanks for any time spared.(Plus the wall of text, and grammar errors)

atzn

• View Profile
Problems and questions with FFVII - Ultima Edition
« Reply #1 on: 2005-12-29 22:27:23 »
Hello and welcome to the board. I'll make this post short.

Ultima Edition = pirated edition.

I'll let you do the conclusion yourself.

Mkilbride2599

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005-12-29 22:30:13 »
How is it pirated? Wasn't it an offical release? I was told so.

everyone told me it was the only way to get a XP compatable release.

The XP patch by anime vamp didn't work for the 4 cd version, this 2 CD one worked.

I honestly did not know it was not an offical release. My friend let me borrow it for vacation.

Sad Jari

« Reply #3 on: 2005-12-29 22:32:44 »
I suppose that the CD-Rs and lack of box/manual didn't give it away? :roll:

Mkilbride2599

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005-12-29 22:35:19 »
Said it was a backup^

I know my story sounds bull, but it's really not.

atzn

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005-12-29 22:55:48 »
You should've read the FF7 Great FAQ. Your answers are there.

First, as to why not to use 'XP'/Anime Vamp patch:
http://forums.qhimm.com/viewtopic.php?t=1656

Second, to answer your "Ultima Edition's" originality..

Try Google.

And, if things are OK, your original game should work with WinXP and the Chocobo patch. Try that. If not, post in the forum again. And in the Game Tweaking forum, because this Tech-related is more to programming stuff.

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
« Reply #6 on: 2005-12-30 00:43:13 »
There is another version of TrueMotion2.0 codec which actually worked for some people suffering from this kind of crashes (FMV crashes). Get it here.

dziugo

Mkilbride2599

• View Profile
Thanks
« Reply #7 on: 2005-12-30 00:51:47 »
It won't seem to download from any of the links on that topic, but thanks for something that might fix it.

It's like a 20 minute sequence to get there and it keeps crashing, sometimes right away and sometimes a little longer...but it always does.

I always told people how I would not bother playing such a lowly game:P But now I'm addicted, and see it's greatness.

I did actually get the original and it did not work with any patches, thats when my friend gave me the dics for Ultima Edition, I honestly thought it was offical, it seemed so.

It's crashed and then suddenly worked for me before, but this time it doesn't seem like that will happen...

I would buy it for the PSX, but now I'm so far in(at least to me!) I would hate to start again(plus hook up my PSX)

Thanks for all your help...it's only downloading at 0.2 Kbs...so 200 bytes a second and now it froze...argh...

I am so looking forward to this...

I'm glad I didn't get flamed out the hell for using a pirated version(Truely this game is very hard to find, even on ebay)

EDIT: Damn, it still crashed...although it hanged for awhile before the crash...I had my fingers crossed...woe is me.

Will I never get past this part and continue this awsome game?

still thanks again for yer help.

Mkilbride2599

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005-12-30 01:48:50 »
Don't have to be an ass about it.

Cuz' it was hard to find last time I checked, all had been bid on and such.

But whatever.

I'll never complete the game cuz of this movie, isn't that good enough for ye to know?:P

That it will be killing me in the back of my head.

(I just tried to edit the FMV and replace it with another one, still crashed, it seems it must just be that point of the game...or something, I don't understand.)

EDIT: WHOO! I FOUND A FIX THAT WORKS 100%!!!

Bring up your start menu, go to run, type "dxdiag" and go to sound, turn sound to basic acceleration, works like a charm.

-gone away-

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005-12-30 13:49:10 »
Quote from: Mkilbride2599
Bring up your start menu, go to run, type "dxdiag" and go to sound, turn sound to basic acceleration, works like a charm.

If you have to do this to get past then it means your sound cards mucked up, or your drivers need to be updated. I once had a simular problem due my sound card slowly dieing of old age (it went all rusty, probley had been wasted by a few lightning strikes as well because i live on a ridge).