Miscellaneous Forums > Gameplay

Make sense work regardless of HP?

(1/4) > >>

Tenko Kuugen:
Can this be achieved by simply taking out the part of it's function that displays HP? If I understand it right, the sense fail works that way because it can't accurately display values above FFFF aka 65535.
so it would just display MP and status stuff.

DLPB_:
That is a good question. And yeah I guess with a few tweaks it should be possible to FORCE it to always display.  The problem then is it will try to display a HP amount regardless.  I am thinking.  I guess even that could be sorted though.  But then all it will do is display MP and weaknesses.  You'd want it to do both depending on HP. 

I'd say it can be done.  But probably not without extra programming.

Bosola:
So how does the sense function actually work? How does it feed content into the battle message display buffer?

Tenko Kuugen:
Just MP and status weaknesses is actually fine. Sense stops working on bosses for me right after Bottomswell because my overhaul is built around high values.

DLPB_:

--- Quote from: Bosola on 2012-08-17 16:58:30 ---So how does the sense function actually work? How does it feed content into the battle message display buffer?

--- End quote ---

I don't know.  It uses kernel2.bin for the text itself, but the values I don't know.  It will be simple to find out by tracing the stuff that happens from the HP check for sense. 

ff7.exe
001C9515=FF
001C9516=FF

Those 2 make the upper limit 65535 for sense.  Look around that area and it should be easy to trace.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version