Author Topic: FF7 and FF8 is boring when using Trainer/Character Editor  (Read 6039 times)

DarkestDream

• View Profile
dont get me wrong people, i went to my friend house to play a FF7 for my friend. When he went to get something, i happen to noticed a file that for FF7 and FF8. so i click it, interesting it a trainer and character editor. i didnt know my friend like to cheat. so i create a new game for myself with trainer, just curious how it work. after playing one hour with trainer, my GOD, it so boring. my character already maxed out and still in midgar, havent got out of midgar yet. and with FF8 with trainer, it so boring. no challenge at all. just a instant kill on all mob. i feel like i the master of the game but with trainer. WOW. i cant believe that.

Lucky i dont use trainer to cheat the game. I old my friend he must be bored with FF7 with trainer, he said yea. i know many true gamer tend to play the game without any cheats/trainers/character editor. now i went back to my house to play FF7, ahhh much better. im so happy that i am playing the game without trainer cuz it will be challengeable game. with trainer, i feel bored with it.

have anyone experience of this before??

***dont get me wrong, i just curious how the game with trainer. now it better off without the trainer will provide you a lot lot lot of fun***

Alhexx

• View Profile
    • http://www.alhexx.com
FF7 and FF8 is boring when using Trainer/Character Editor
« Reply #1 on: 2005-02-03 08:01:31 »
That's the most natural thing about cheating - it gets boring...

- Alhexx

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005-02-03 19:12:28 »
Some trainers can be used to make things more interesting.. For instance, theres one which you can use to give mosnters as much HP as you want.  So you could give WEAPONS one BILLION hp as opposed to thier 10 million or whatever it is.

Also, some people just want to speed thru the gaeplay to immerse themselves in the story.

However, cheating the first time you play is pretty shitty.

Bunnie-Maru

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005-02-03 23:09:39 »
Personally, I think cheating should only be done after going through the initial experience, and knowing what to expect. Also, it should only be done with people you know very well.

As video games go ( :P ).

Seriously though, It's best just to go through the normal game and go against the challenge. There always will be people who go straight for the vitual steroids as soon as they get the game, or even worse, take their shit online, which is just a nightmare.

Chesso

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005-02-04 00:45:54 »
My brother does that the second he gets ahold of a game and it pisses me off he always comes in my room whinging at me to get him cheats off the net.

He did the same with FF7 and i just told the little bastard the programmers didn't allow any cheating to work and it would corrupt his game and save files if he tried  :wicked:

The funny thing is the idiot believed me.

Shadow

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005-02-04 05:54:14 »
i agree cheating is extremely boring. But ! in games like FF7/8 it can be helpful if say your characters are under developed and your stuck in an area (the missle base in ff8 for example, where the enemies give sweet FA xp to levelup and the boss is really hard). Can be helpful to get past those situations where you want to continue the game but can't get past 1 stinkin boss

I'll admit i have cheated on occasions for the exact reason above, but i always write down everything i change, go do that part, save at the next save point and reset everything back to their original values.

Using training in short bursts like that doesn't make the game boring, but maxing your characters out with 9999hp and full stats with their ultimate weapons and 100 of each item/spell and starting with GF's that are also maxed out with every little thing is what makes it boring

Chesso

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005-02-04 06:04:47 »
Unfortunately in most cases if they have it right there at their disposal they just can't help themselves. Of course my brother doesn't even run the game before whinging about cheats.

Shadow

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005-02-04 06:13:07 »
i coudl never bring my self to cheat straight out without playing the game through atleast once. Above is the most i'll do, i jst don't see the point in wasting money on a game then finishing it within the first day after you've flown through it with cheats :S

It especially shows in FPS. I'll only cheat in those when i just want to go kill stuff, and not actually play the game (Only normally lasts 10 mins tops :P)