Author Topic: FFVII Piano Collections  (Read 18111 times)

eerrrr

• View Profile
FFVII Piano Collections
« on: 2003-12-03 16:02:06 »
Odd, it appears to have been released today. Quite sudden, I hadn't heard anything about it.

Anyway, here are some links:
Square-Enix Shop (Japanese)
Advent Children (First english site I found with info)

I'm getting hold of a copy as I write this (:P), so I'll give you a quick review when I'm done.

I'm quite shocked. This must've been released to build the hype for FFVII:AC. Did anyone else know about this? FF's Piano Collections are great, I'm so glad they've finally released one for FFVII!

Update: Well, I've given it a listen, it's great! Makes me feel very nostalgic, I haven't listened to any Final Fantasy music in ages. Although I'm not sure if it's any better than the other Piano Collections, it's hard to say. It sticks fairly close to the originals most of the time, unlike the FFVIII PC where the arrangements were pretty crazy. Not completely though, songs like Fighting and JENOVA have really interesting arrangements.

Gets the thumbs up from me. :D

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
FFVII Piano Collections
« Reply #1 on: 2003-12-03 18:58:07 »
Holy cow!

Nori

• View Profile
Holy Mooo!!!
« Reply #2 on: 2003-12-03 23:05:26 »
Gets the thumbs up from me :D

Piano Collections Final Fantasy VII LIVE
http://smurgen.kj-soft.com/ (SmurgenDorf Radio)
Date & Time:
December 04, 2003
4:30PM (USA Eastern Time)

A special thank to Smurgen
Quote from: Smurgen
(Note, If the radio is down its because Smurgen was a Lazy Ass, Send him an AOL message to get his bum working!)

Smurgen

• View Profile
    • Http://smurgen.kj-soft.com
FFVII Piano Collections
« Reply #3 on: 2003-12-03 23:14:27 »
Yep! from 4:30 till whenever! I'll play FF7 Piano then end it with requests untill everyone dosen't listen to me anymore!

Jedimark

• View Profile
FFVII Piano Collections
« Reply #4 on: 2003-12-04 07:45:08 »
Oh nice. This would be a neat christmas present... santa... if you are reading this... -_-

xeriouxi

• View Profile
It's been hyped about for a while...
« Reply #5 on: 2003-12-04 09:18:58 »
Hi!

Are you telling me that nobody knew about the Final Fantasy VII piano collections? A thread was started about it's release date in December 2002, and the track listings were released in October 2003. I haven't got it yet, but I will!  :wink:

One thing that I am a bit worried about though is how J-E-N-O-V-A will sound. I wonder if it will be the same worries as when 'The Man with the Machine Gun' was to be orchestrated. Hey... why am I worrying? It's Nobuo Uematsu, here! How dare I doubt his talent!  :weep:

xeriouxi.

Smurgen

• View Profile
Re: It's been hyped about for a while...
« Reply #6 on: 2003-12-04 10:21:16 »
Quote from: xeriouxi

One thing that I am a bit worried about though is how J-E-N-O-V-A will sound. I wonder if it will be the same worries as when 'The Man with the Machine Gun' was to be orchestrated. Hey... why am I worrying? It's Nobuo Uematsu, here! How dare I doubt his talent!  :weep:

xeriouxi.

Actually its
Arranged by Shirou Hamaguchi
Performed by Kiyotsugu Honda

xeriouxi

• View Profile
Oops... I forgot!
« Reply #7 on: 2003-12-04 13:35:07 »
Hi!

I completely forgot about that. I knew that he was doing it, but forgot when I got caught up in talking about Mr. Uematsu! Oh... isn't his actual name Shiro instead of Shirou?  :-?

xeriouxi.

Smurgen

• View Profile
FFVII Piano Collections
« Reply #8 on: 2003-12-04 22:09:52 »
Sorry about being late! work ran a little over...i'll wait till 6:30 PM EST

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
FFVII Piano Collections
« Reply #9 on: 2003-12-04 22:10:27 »
Hmm, I thought Shiro Hamaguchi did a decent job with FF8 piano collections... I kind of expected more from this.

Smurgen

• View Profile
FFVII Piano Collections
« Reply #10 on: 2003-12-04 22:26:36 »
If you plan on listening please send me an AOL message
Smurgen69

I wanna know who i have listening so i can play your songs

Caddberry

• View Profile
    • http://animenfo.com/
FFVII Piano Collections
« Reply #11 on: 2003-12-05 06:16:59 »
Hmm.. cool thought streaming audio like that.. unfortunately i totally missed this post.. so i didnt get to check it out.. but i got VIII piano collections anyway.. I have been listening to all the FF piano collections on my playlist when i go to sleep.. well all but 6 there are just some in there that i didnt really get into.. bah rambling..

xeriouxi

• View Profile
What does J-E-N-O-V-A sound like?
« Reply #12 on: 2003-12-08 11:12:51 »
Hi!

I haven't had the time to go out, buy and listen to the CD yet. Can anybody tell me what J-E-N-O-V-A sounds like? I want to know what they did to it...  :D

xeriouxi.

eerrrr

• View Profile
FFVII Piano Collections
« Reply #13 on: 2003-12-08 15:04:30 »
The official link I posted has a sample:

J-E-N-O-V-A

Sephiroth2000

FFVII Piano Collections
« Reply #14 on: 2003-12-08 16:29:05 »
I've arranged a piece for this thread last night. It's the Weapon Raid song...
http://www.bin.mypage.sk/FILES/gs_weaponraid.mp3
Enjoy!

Caddberry

• View Profile
FFVII Piano Collections
« Reply #15 on: 2003-12-09 01:13:31 »
Quote from: Caddberry
Hmm.. cool thought streaming audio like that.. unfortunately i totally missed this post.. so i didnt get to check it out.. but i got VIII piano collections anyway.. I have been listening to all the FF piano collections on my playlist when i go to sleep.. well all but 6 there are just some in there that i didnt really get into.. bah rambling..

Boy did you ever have a day when you felt retarted? I totally missed the whole point of this thread.. I thought you were all talking about VIII piano not VII .. I have since noticed my error, and am currently getting VII piano collections ^_^   ... At least i know i am human.. ^_^

eerrrr

• View Profile
FFVII Piano Collections
« Reply #16 on: 2003-12-09 15:50:44 »
Wow, very nice arrangement there Sephiroth2000! You've got real talent, wish I could play piano (and write/arrange) that well.

Looks like I'm gonna have to take it up again these coming holidays...

atzn

• View Profile
FFVII Piano Collections
« Reply #17 on: 2003-12-09 22:10:15 »
Sounds similar to the one that can be found from this url:
http://www.squaresound.com/ff7.shtml

So unless you're (Seph2000) Gigashadow or josh_1...... I won't believe that you've "arranged the weapon raid piece" last night.... instead you're just taking someone elses hardwork and claiming that it's yours.

The filename gave it away anyway; because I do download fan-made piano arrangements.....

Edit - Oh and I realised that you've actually edited the "Arranged by Josh Barron" part and replaced it with "Played by Sephiroth2000 for Qhimm's forum."

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
FFVII Piano Collections
« Reply #18 on: 2003-12-10 09:50:42 »
That site clearly mentions two different people as arranger and performer, and Sephiroth2000 here claims he did it all by himself last night? I hope there's a really good explanation for this, we do not take kindly to stealing people's work and claiming it as your own here.  :evil:

Lieron

• View Profile
    • Learnin' Time
FFVII Piano Collections
« Reply #19 on: 2003-12-10 23:07:12 »
maybe he has a split personality ) lol

Caddberry

• View Profile
FFVII Piano Collections
« Reply #20 on: 2003-12-11 21:09:44 »
Maybe he is uh that person.. It sounds pretty cool, but its not cool to rip other people off..

Smurgen

• View Profile
FFVII Piano Collections
« Reply #21 on: 2003-12-12 03:46:21 »
Hmm...no reply defending himself yet.....

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
FFVII Piano Collections
« Reply #22 on: 2003-12-17 16:25:12 »
No reply indeed. Maybe the official warning will raise his attention.

WARNING ISSUED:
User: Sephiroth2000
Severity: Admin's faith in mankind took another hit.
Reason: Apparent theft and copyright infringement.

If you have a good explanation, the warning will of course be lifted. We'll be waiting for that explanation here. Also, if you claim you are the author we will naturally attempt to verify it.

Sephiroth2000

FFVII Piano Collections
« Reply #23 on: 2003-12-21 03:45:14 »
Yes, i am GigaShadow. I never saw anything about a josh_1.

[edit]
Ok, i e-mailed josh_1. He claims HE did it. ABOUT THE LAST NIGHT THING_I rearranged it last night, as the original did not work on this forum. Talk about accusasions... :o
If no-one believes me, that is perfectly understandable. I've been in cases like this before. I'm used to it. So yeah, don't believe me if you don't want to.

atzn

• View Profile
FFVII Piano Collections
« Reply #24 on: 2003-12-21 09:57:32 »
Stop lying Seph2000... I think I probably have more than enough evidence to prove that you're NOT Gigashadow or Josh1 for that matter.

Matter of fact, I actually spent some time googling..... and found out that GigaShadow is from England, and Josh1 is from the US. And you're from NZ, and you claim that you're GigaShadow??

ABOUT THE LAST NIGHT THING_I rearranged it last night, as the original did not work on this forum. Talk about accusasions...

I don't believe it.... because the file name is exactly the same, the file size is exactly the same, and the date is exactly the same. Only difference is the "Josh1" and "Played by Seph2000" part.

Plus, if you're really GigaShadow, why would you need to rearrange the piano sheet?? And I don't understand what you mean by "The original didn't work on this forum".... you're just supposed to play the piano using the arranged piano sheet..... and don't tell me that you have the ability to arrange with the same precision and accuracy like Josh1?