Author Topic: FF7 PSP?  (Read 17800 times)

MagiMaster

• View Profile
FF7 PSP?
« on: 2005-05-27 14:23:08 »
Does anyone know about the PSP?

I might get one.  What would really persuede me is if they had FFVII on it.  There has been a rumor, but does anyone know anything about it?  Some other people happen to feel the same way as me, I know.  FFVII is a classic Playstation game.  It would be a waste to not make it portable on the PSP!  :wink:

Niai

• View Profile
FF7 PSP?
« Reply #1 on: 2005-05-27 14:53:51 »
No plans to remake FFVII on the PSP, but FFVII: Crisis Core, one of the spin offs, will be released on it. Find what little information there is on it at http://www.gamespot.com/psp/rpg/crisiscorefinalfantasyvii/index.html?q=final+fantasy+vii

And of course, Advent Children will be available on the PSP as a UMD movie.

MagiMaster

• View Profile
FF7 PSP?
« Reply #2 on: 2005-05-28 14:20:11 »
Thanks!

Well, I don't know how good Crisis Core is going to be, but if it's good, I might consider it.  Meanwhile, I guess I'll just look at other things about the PSP.  It looks pretty nice as of now, and it may be worth purchasing, but I'd like to see their games -- I haven't heard of any that interest me yet.

But I may just be not looking hard enough? :-?

xspudx

• View Profile
FF7 PSP?
« Reply #3 on: 2005-05-31 14:13:34 »
well i can only pray for final fantasy vii on psp but i think crisis core is gonna suck just my opinion, i think square have lost their touch

MagiMaster

• View Profile
FF7 PSP?
« Reply #4 on: 2005-06-03 19:34:58 »
Yeah, although Crystal Chronicals was pretty fun, it lacked the creative spark that made Squaresoft Squaresoft, back in the good ol' days...

Killing Edge

FF7 PSP?
« Reply #5 on: 2005-06-06 20:30:15 »
The good old days of Squaresoft=FFVI and FFVII.  I hate all of this Square Enix crapola such as FF tactics and Crystal Chronicles.

MagiMaster

• View Profile
FF7 PSP?
« Reply #6 on: 2005-06-06 21:33:04 »
Uhhh...
I didn't think that Crystal Chronicles was a classic, but it wasn't quite crapola...

JPWest

• View Profile
FF7 PSP?
« Reply #7 on: 2005-06-06 22:27:41 »
I thought tactics was pre-squeenix

Relf

• View Profile
FF7 PSP?
« Reply #8 on: 2005-06-07 14:00:52 »
Quote from: JPWest
I thought tactics was pre-squeenix

I'm pretty sure it was as well. Unless he's reffering to tactics advanced for gameboy advance.

JPWest

• View Profile
FF7 PSP?
« Reply #9 on: 2005-06-07 14:43:05 »
Could be... and I did hear that TA was rubbish...

Whereas I heard that Tactics was really cool, being English I haven't played it as it was never released over here.

Bunnie-Maru

• View Profile
FF7 PSP?
« Reply #10 on: 2005-06-07 19:52:37 »
Chrystal Chronicles...wow...

I've seen some pure evil in my life time, but...

Congrats to Square-Enix for managing to capture all that is evil, and cram it onto a minidisc. Bravo.

MaTiAz

• View Profile
FF7 PSP?
« Reply #11 on: 2005-06-08 07:14:01 »
Heh... I haven't played CC, but I'm prety sure that it's better than FFX&FFX-2... Square gathered all the evil on to these discs. Then all the evil that was left was propably gathered to the CC disc :)

Threesixty

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/threesixtyci/
FF7 PSP?
« Reply #12 on: 2005-06-08 21:23:25 »
Well you could alway buy the NTSC version, and play it using Epsxe.

Cyberman

• View Profile
FF7 PSP?
« Reply #13 on: 2005-06-11 00:54:18 »
I think Square decided to go from being a game company to being a media company. That decision has provided the poor showings for games they've had (and financial woes). It's sort of reminiscent of Carli Fiorina and HP. (snicker).  Anyhow more seriously they are now moving toward producing things like Full Metal Alchemist than games.  Although games prior to 1998 (in inception) are are fairly good things post that are kind of poor.  Square I think has gutted it'self of talent after they did 'Final Fantasy the Movie' this is why they needed a cash infusion and have been doing cheap trick games (IE low investment quick cash games).

I don't know what their future holds .. but yesterday is gone, and so is the original Square.  A number of there good programers are working for different companies Ala Xenosaga series, or Koudelka/ Shadow Hearts type games. FF9 was largely shallow by comparison with 7 and 8 (although I still liked it!) FF10 was still reasonably good.  I am hoping FFXII will be good enough to be worth buying otherwise It might be obtained used by me.  

I think I qualify as a very disappointed person when it comes to Square/Squarenix products post 2000.  I'm not surprised they are having problems and had to merge with Enix (Enix made some fun stuff).   I think Japan's game industry has turned too much into something like Hollywood.  These are just my opinions of course :D

Cyb

KojiroTakenashi

• View Profile
FF7 PSP?
« Reply #14 on: 2005-06-11 03:27:15 »
Well, Hironobu's 'retirement' really seems to be what hurt them the most...

rmco2003

FF7 PSP?
« Reply #15 on: 2005-06-11 05:55:11 »
maybe they should think up something new instead of final fantasy games all the time?

MagiMaster

• View Profile
FF7 PSP?
« Reply #16 on: 2005-06-11 13:24:57 »
Quote from: Cyberman
These are just my opinions of course :D

They just happen to be mine, too.

What happened to Square, I don't know.  All I know is that I will forever respect Squaresoft, but not SquareEnix.  Sorry, but no games, no respect from me.

Quote from: rmco2003
maybe they should think up something new instead of final fantasy games all the time?

I dunno.  Final Fantasy ROCKS! :)

Cyberman

• View Profile
FF7 PSP?
« Reply #17 on: 2005-06-11 14:05:13 »
There is an ancient saying
"People languish without a vision" it translates.  Squaresoft is a company without a vision.  Simply put they are trying to make money, and have no idea what the heck they exist for.  In that state they will be hard pressed to make anything impressive or likeable. More simple terms they are moving forward on momentum not actually moving forward.  Vagrant story was a better game than most of what they are putting out now.  (It at least had a story that's intriuging).  

FF 1 - 5 are based on similiar/ related stories. FF6-10 are unrelated stories.   FF11 isn't final fantasy.  Up until FFX they didn't release sequels and prequels and complete spin off stories.  This means they are hurting for creative ideas.  They've become Yet Another Game Company.  SEGA is now better than Square, that's sad.

Cyb

MagiMaster

• View Profile
FF7 PSP?
« Reply #18 on: 2005-06-11 14:41:21 »
Simply put they are trying to make money, and have no idea what the heck they exist for.

Just like Playstation and XBOX.  Always trying to make more money than the other.  Seemingly nothing more.

KojiroTakenashi

• View Profile
FF7 PSP?
« Reply #19 on: 2005-06-11 18:29:50 »
Again, there IS no Final Fantasy without Hironobu...so I'm really hoping the next one won't TOTALLY suck...

I don't think he retired, I say they fired him.

Cyberman

• View Profile
FF7 PSP?
« Reply #20 on: 2005-06-11 18:35:35 »
Well they could have, I don't know.  I don't believe they fostered a replacement within the ranks of people at Square.  Maybe they should hire someone not from square and relearn how to make games.  The Bouncer I've seen but it looked like it sucked, in fact apart from FF10 being an OK game pretty much all else they've released (Kingdom hearts inclusive) has been mediocre at best.

The best thing for Squenix in my view point is to search for someone to replace the man who really was the head of Square.

Ta

Cyb

Bunnie-Maru

• View Profile
FF7 PSP?
« Reply #21 on: 2005-06-11 19:11:20 »
FF11 isn't final fantasy

Have you played it? If not, you'd be suprised how well it translates over. It's deeply rooted in Final Fantasy tradition, mostly 1-6, with some influences from 8-10 (Diabolos fight).

RPGillespie

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/rpgillespie6
FF7 PSP?
« Reply #22 on: 2005-06-12 02:07:27 »
I heard FFXII will take place in Ivalice, the suck world in Final Fantasy tactics advance  :roll: Oh well...

RPGillespie

KojiroTakenashi

• View Profile
FF7 PSP?
« Reply #23 on: 2005-06-12 02:55:44 »
It definately will, if you know anything about the game at all.

Ivalice actually started in FF Tactics, which was also produced by Hironobu like the other games. It's as much Final Fantasy as the other ones...

This Ivalice seems to be a mesh of the original Tactics one, and the one used in FFTA. All in all, I think it's a wonderful, adventurous setting. Fresh air from the last few games *cough*.

Relf

• View Profile
FF7 PSP?
« Reply #24 on: 2005-06-12 15:18:29 »
from the screen shots it seems a lot more like the original tactics than the Advance.