Miscellaneous Forums > Troubleshooting

FF7 Crashing, and yes, I read the FAQ!

(1/2) > >>

JayDubs:
My FF7 has been crashing at all the common points, Chocobo Races, Gaeas Cliff, etc. I've been able to use the patches/different resolutions/playing the movies from my hard drive/etc, but this time none of that works. I am at the part where Heidegger and Rufus order the canon strike on Weapon, right after the Tifa/Barrett execution part. Heidegger walks away and just sits there and blinks, as the music plays on. Can anyone play my saved game and then save at the next save point and send the file back to me? Also, are all the saves I have on one saved game file? I only see one in the "Save" folder.  I'm at a loss, too much time invested to give up now. Thanks in advance for any help you might offer..

System Specs

Windows XP SP2
P4 3ghz
1024mb pc 2700 DDR ram
Onboard video
Sound Blaster Live!

running it with/without compatibility mode hasn't changed a thing..    :cry:

TrekkiesUnite118:
Are you using the FF7 Music Patch? I have noticed that a lot of my XP crashing problems are associated to that patch. Depending on what version of the patch you have trying using the unpatch function or reinstalling FF7 without the patch but backing up your save file and seeing if it works then.

JayDubs:
I will do that, which file is the saved game file? The one in the save folder I assume, but shouldn't there be one for each save? Thanks in advance  :-D

Vehek:
Each file in the save directory corresponds to a save file in FF7, and each save file has 15 save slots to save your game in.

JayDubs:
I have only used 5 slots, so the only file in the below directory, which is named save009.ff7 must be it, right?   :wink:

C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\save

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version