Author Topic: You know what else grinds my gears?  (Read 19017 times)

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
Re: You know what else grinds my gears?
« Reply #25 on: 2010-04-04 12:59:18 »
When fanboys argue over which game's hero/villain would win in a fight in debates over which is the best character or, worse still, which is the best game.

You see what you've done? *sigh*

idl12

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2010-04-04 14:00:48 »
This is what would probably happen if this continues....

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2010-04-04 15:53:00 »
Nononono.

My homie Myotismon will crush them all ;D

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2010-04-04 16:07:53 »
Not entirely factual. I seem to remember doomsday gave him a good old fashioned ass beating. Enough that supes died. Doomstay did too but that is irrelevant.
Actually, I forgot that without a yellow sun he is basically powerless.  So unless Goku comes here he'd lose.  Also, wasn't Doomsday infused with kryptonite or something like that?  Idk I never really followed the series :/

Nope, he was infused with pure awesomesauce.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2010-04-04 16:10:11 »
When fanboys argue over which game's hero/villain would win in a fight in debates over which is the best character or, worse still, which is the best game.

You see what you've done? *sigh*

Now I know how J. Robert Oppenheimer felt :cry:

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #30 on: 2010-04-04 23:04:53 »
No one can compare to the almighty Chuck Norris! (even though he is an actual person, sorry)  ;D

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #31 on: 2010-04-04 23:29:46 »
Apocalypse
Superman
Chuck Norris
Sephiroth
Dr Manhattan

What interests me about all these is the myriad of ways you misspelt the name of the only superhero you could possibly be referring to: BURNT FACE MAN

Above: BFM being called 'gay' by his arch-nemesis, 'Bastard Man'.

guitar_dudester91

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2010-04-05 05:09:21 »
I'd have to go with Duffman. Nothing like kicking ass being drunk.  :lol:

Also, I would like to put up another debate - I think Kurt Russell's badassness definitely beats Chuck Norris. YA. I SAID IT.

EDIT: Russell.

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2010-04-05 05:24:10 »
I'd have to go with Duffman. Nothing like kicking ass being drunk.  :lol:

Also, I would like to put up another debate - I think Kurt Russell's badassness definitely beats Chuck Norris. YA. I SAID IT.

EDIT: Russell.

When is the last time you heard a joke about how tough kurt russel is.

Point Match.

guitar_dudester91

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2010-04-05 06:09:42 »
Well see I think watching a Norris movie and then watching a Russell movie, Russell kicks more ass. He's got the whole personality thing too. Big Trouble in lLittle China, versus what? Walker Texas Ranger. Hahaha I guess that's just my opinion, nobody gets out anymore. Everybody talks about Norris, but how many have actually seen his movies?

P.S> Damn you Kudistos!!! Ha starting all these damn debates!

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2010-04-05 06:38:33 »
I think the point we are both missing is neither one of these guys is relevant anymore. When was the last time either one was in a movie?

guitar_dudester91

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2010-04-05 06:43:46 »
Yes that's true ha. But its hard to find someone nowadays that ranks the same as those two did when they were stars. Damn kids and all their angst.

sl1982

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2010-04-05 06:48:29 »
Come on, what are you talking about? Did you forget about ummm..... hmmm.... Matt Damon? Yeah i dunno. All i have to say is Van Damme splits are horribly wrong.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2010-04-05 06:52:36 »
Yes that's true ha. But its hard to find someone nowadays that ranks the same as those two did when they were stars. Damn kids and all their angst.

Yeah, modern films are made for emos ;D

Opine

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2010-04-05 14:43:23 »
But... that's the whole premise of Dead Fantasy.  :oops:
And I like Capcom v. Marvel.

While I'm not interested in arguing about Mike Ditka v. Hurricane Ditka, I find these ideas entertaining when they're games (or, well DF movies).
« Last Edit: 2010-04-06 01:22:39 by Opine »

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2010-04-05 14:56:12 »
But... that's the whole premise of Dead Fantasy.  :oops:
And I like Campcom v. Marvel.

While I'm not interested in arguing about Mike Ditka v. Hurricane Ditka, I find these ideas entertaining when they're games (or, well DF movies).
Those are fun, I've always wanted to see a Capcom vs. Shonen Jump (Viz). That'd make an awesome game.

ScottMcTony

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2010-04-18 02:04:28 »
Hey Kudistos, while it is pretty stupid saying "my character would beat your character in a fight, mine's better"(I'm pretty sure that's some form of ad hominem), and I agree that simply how powerful or impressive they are has little to nothing to do with how interesting they are on its own, when analyzing characters like Kefka and Sephiroth, using power as a point of quality comparison isn't totally meaningless, if you do it right. The thing is, creating a narrative context where a character achieving a certain degree of power is believable, while still being exceptional in the universe in which it's set, does require some skill, and does help add to audience fascination. And if surprise at such power can be created, without hurting belief, it can sometimes reach something close to awe.

See in this sense, though, I think that Sephiroth wins. While Kefka at his most powerful probably would beat Safer in a fight, I was far less surprised when he became so powerful. Sephiroth, on the other hand, combined impressiveness, belief, and surprise, all so strongly that I feel his transformation is the only instance in gaming or any medium where I can comfortably omit "something close to" from my last paragraphs final statement.

Of course, disregarding surprise or belief, clearly God is the best character ever. Fucker drowned the whole planet and somehow fit 2 members of ~14 million species on a mid-sized boat just by deciding to. Can't beat that.

Nightmarish

• owari da
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2010-04-19 10:37:20 »
Peter Petrelli or Sylar are obviously stronger than Superman.
I guess it's a question of time they make a videogame from Heroes.  :-D

headlessgargoyle

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2010-04-28 22:00:12 »
Of course, disregarding surprise or belief, clearly God is the best character ever. f***er drowned the whole planet and somehow fit 2 members of ~14 million species on a mid-sized boat just by deciding to. Can't beat that.

"hitler crucified my son!!"
jesus: "I'm saved!!"

Cupcake

• And then it dawned on me, that Satan is also an old fuck.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2010-04-29 07:33:53 »
Peter Petrelli or Sylar are obviously stronger than Superman.
I guess it's a question of time they make a videogame from Heroes.  :-D

I want one where I can play as Sylar >=)

Also: I am confident there will be a 5th season, considering I got an e-mail from Hiro after season 4 ended.  Unfortunately, Sendhil Ramamurthy, who plays Mohinder has confirmed that he would not come back (which sucks because I, unlike many people, love the character of Mohinder Suresh...  I just love all the characters on that show so much)

Prince Lex

• Opinionfact is Redundancy
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2010-04-29 23:31:11 »
I loved heroes when it started but feel hat it's went way way downhill. They've changed the rules too many times and there's no really solid overall storyline. I got halfway through the first season 4 2-parter and gave up. I haven't watched an episode since. The writing just feels really messy now. It could have been so much better  :(

Furzball

• Furzball happens...
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2010-04-30 00:09:02 »
Funnily enough I had a Sephiroth versus me. Sephy lost :P

Cupcake

• And then it dawned on me, that Satan is also an old fuck.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2010-04-30 22:39:43 »
I loved heroes when it started but feel hat it's went way way downhill. They've changed the rules too many times and there's no really solid overall storyline. I got halfway through the first season 4 2-parter and gave up. I haven't watched an episode since. The writing just feels really messy now. It could have been so much better  :(

Here's how I rate it

Season 1: F'ING AMAZING
Season 2: good.. then writer's strike
Season 3: Cleanup, so it kinda sucked
Season 4: 90% of the way back to form

Prince Lex

• Opinionfact is Redundancy
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2010-05-01 00:49:48 »
*Sigh* I suppose I'm going to have to watch it now then :P

I had planned to watch it when the season was over, but I might as well catch up now, before the finale. I think if I had watched it week to week I would have sworn off it forever.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2010-05-01 02:24:59 »
Season 3 wasn't cleanup. Season 3 was completely awful. Characters made meaningless, out-of-character decisions, the villains didn't have any motives to speak of (but were treated like they did), all around the season was terrible.

I loved season 4 though. The first half was mostly just fixing the characters after season 3 broke them, but by halfway through it was pretty darn good, and it ended with one helluva season finale.

I genuinely hope the show gets renewed for a fifth season (fairly certain it will). Also, I'm glad that Sendhil Ramamurthy (Mohinder) has left the show for good. He was the worst character.