Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods and Modding Framework-The Reunion [R06f]  (Read 3048559 times)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
yeah if playing up to that point, make sure to have reunion completely disabled.  The change needed to make the bug appear might have already occurred long before that point.

Thanks

I can't make it go away even when disabling the slot fix code and using original game - and editing values manually with Ochu.

ZombieBisque

• View Profile
The way I got around it was by switching Tifa and Barrett's position in the party -- weirdly, this made them switch positions during that cutscene too and Barrett ran to the correct spot. He definitely can get stuck there though.

Confirming that this is how I got around the bug as well - I also had it happen to me another time during the Honeybee Manor "Group Hive" scene, but that didn't involve the party slot system at all since Cloud was alone, and the character that got stuck was one of the random guys and not Cloud.  I already overwrote that save though since I was able to get past the soft lock by going to the other room instead.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
The Honeybee manor issue will be unrelated. This is specifically due to slot position of members.  Cloud is always 0 even when you move him.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
I know what's caused the slot bug now...  but thinking of best compromise and fix.

Melancholy

• View Profile
Finally got my PC hooked up to my 32” CRT so I can play this the way I played it back in the 90’s. Amazing job, DLPB.

So far, there is one small thing I noticed when you talk to the woman outside after Barret chases everyone out of the bar (the one to the north who asks you if you heard about the bombing). In the second dialog tree, if you choose ‘I’m not interested’, the conversation just ends, and if you choose ‘No, what?’, she says the ‘Oh I see’ line. I know in the original she talks more when you say no what, so I think the dialog tree is broken. Anyone else have that issue?
« Last Edit: 2019-11-25 05:11:10 by Melancholy »

ZombieBisque

• View Profile
I think I've run into another bug, thanks to Enemy Skill Materia.

1 - Randomly when a battle starts on the Grassland Area near the Chocobo Farm, the game will crash.  You can hear the sound for combat starting and a bit of battle music before the game crashes entirely.  I believe it might be related to the appearance of the enemy "Mu" since they're the only enemy in that area I haven't seen yet (was trying to get them for the L4 Suicide skill) and because the last lines of info in the App log seem to be calling enemy data.

2 - Not at the same point precisely, but if you do enough battles in this area eventually it will crash after trying to load into combat, just run away until it happens.

Adding "test = y" didn't seem to help.

APP.LOG - https://pastebin.com/eKYhaaiE
The_Reunion.log - https://pastebin.com/TX0Perpr
Save - https://www.sendspace.com/file/kl1oi8
« Last Edit: 2019-11-25 05:10:54 by ZombieBisque »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Mu shares a file that's exactly the same as Trick Prey...

https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Mu_(Final_Fantasy_VII)
https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Trickplay

DADA

< Delete that from [root]\The_Reunion\Base\60i\battle

Also remember to delete HRDA to stop the same thing happening against Trick Prey.

I was waiting for this bug to crop up because the game kept dying there and I had no idea why.  But now we know that that enemy has issues with that one file, it's obvious.  Obesebear thinks the file isn't even needed. Looks that way.

« Last Edit: 2019-11-25 09:55:56 by DLPB »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
@Melancholy  I will investigate that when I have time but I need your save file.

ZombieBisque

• View Profile
Mu shares a file that's exactly the same as Trick Prey...

https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Mu_(Final_Fantasy_VII)
https://finalfantasy.fandom.com/wiki/Trickplay

DADA

< Delete that from [root]\The_Reunion\Base\60i\battle

Also remember to delete HRDA to stop the same thing happening against Trick Prey.

I was waiting for this bug to crop up because the game kept dying there and I had no idea why.  But now we know that that enemy has issues with that one file, it's obvious.  Obesebear thinks the file isn't even needed. Looks that way.

Confirming that deleting DADA (and HRDA) from the battle folder has resolved the issue, and I'm now able to encounter and battle Mu normally.

Ran into a new issue though relating to Poison - trying to narrow down the actual bug for a report, but it looks like people affected with poison status are sometimes getting a "stop" effect too, as in their timer bar pauses and you can only control two characters in the party.  It seems to resolve itself after a few turns.  Going to try to isolate the problem and will do a new report for it when I find it.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
See if it's to do with 60fps.... cause it probably is.

I don't think it's Stop.  It's nothing to do with magic probably.

LordUrQuan

• Alpha testing your worst nightmares
  • LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
[edit]

This bug seems to be present in the original game - but I need a save that's been untouched by Reunion to test with.  Anyone got a save close by that's never been saved with Reunion?

Can anyone definitely confirm it doesn;t originally happen?
Where do you need? As long as it's pre-Cid leadership, I almost certainly have something nearby.

ZombieBisque

• View Profile
Where do you need?

During the raid on the Shinra building to rescue Aerith.  The specific spot is on the 67th floor before you confront Hojo, but any save inside Shinra Tower should be close enough.

LordUrQuan

• Alpha testing your worst nightmares
  • LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
Ok, sending to DLPB separately

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
It's been fixed already - you were a tad late - but thanks :P

KorinFlakes

• View Profile
Is this a dream? First Half life is announced and now R06 is released  :-D. Congrats and thank you on the release DLPB and all of your helpers, you've done amazing work and I can't wait to crack into it.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
fade audio bug fixed.

Code: [Select]
    Bass_ChannelSetAttribute(ChannelData[i].StreamFX, BASS_ATTRIB_VOL, (1 / 127) * SStartVolume * (ConfigVol / 100) );
    Bass_ChannelSlideAttribute(ChannelData[i].StreamFX, BASS_ATTRIB_VOL, (1 / 127) * SEndVolume * (ConfigVol / 100), STime);

Was set to

Bass_ChannelSetAttribute(ChannelData[i].StreamFX, BASS_ATTRIB_VOL, (1 / 127) * SStartVolume * (ConfigVol * 100) );
    Bass_ChannelSlideAttribute(ChannelData[i].StreamFX, BASS_ATTRIB_VOL, (1 / 127) * SEndVolume * (ConfigVol * 100), STime);
lmao.  That's why your hearing gets damaged with fade outs.  I didn't make the mistake in any other place.

Taroven

• View Profile
fade audio bug fixed.

Bass_ChannelSetAttribute(ChannelData[i].StreamFX, BASS_ATTRIB_VOL, (1 / 127) * SStartVolume * (ConfigVol / 100) );
    Bass_ChannelSlideAttribute(ChannelData[i].StreamFX, BASS_ATTRIB_VOL, (1 / 127) * SEndVolume * (ConfigVol / 100), STime);

Was set to

Bass_ChannelSetAttribute(ChannelData[i].StreamFX, BASS_ATTRIB_VOL, (1 / 127) * SStartVolume * (ConfigVol * 100) );
    Bass_ChannelSlideAttribute(ChannelData[i].StreamFX, BASS_ATTRIB_VOL, (1 / 127) * SEndVolume * (ConfigVol * 100), STime);
lmao.  That's why your hearing gets damaged with fade outs.  I didn't make the mistake in any other place.

My ears thank you.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Hotfix before R06b - fixes the following:

- Not able to load Steam game in 64 bit Windows [untested - so please let me know]
- broken audio fading
- Escape magic will cause a game over
- Soft reset leads to a black screen for some people and Start-Select needs to be pressed to recover

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HX6AyTe4HZWq1d9cQ7wMNXutyEbBb9VX/view?usp=sharing

Overwrite ddraw.dll in game root.

Also remember http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14914.msg270079#msg270079

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
There's still a very small issue with the BGM coming back very suddenly just before new BGM after a fade.  Likely script error [vol being set to to 127 before the new audio is loaded] and fact PSX game removes audio on reacing 0 vol.  I'll prob have to put that functionality back in too.

Set music volume [param1: volume] (param1 (8-bit)=127, param2=0, param3=0, param4=0, param5=0)
Play music #0

<  like that, you see.  Setting vol to 127 BEFORE the music is played.  Bad idea.
« Last Edit: 2019-11-25 23:45:32 by DLPB »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Finally, fixes and updates will come a lot faster than R06 did.  The hard part is over.  It's now about improvement.  R07 will hopefully be with us by March 2020 but that will also depend on charlie beer's proof check.

Mabinog

• View Profile
Downloaded the hotfix, and mostly everything seems to be working now. Only hiccup is that mode 1 for 60fps battles (no interpolation) doesn't seem to work. It's still displaying battles at at the original frame rate. Mode 2 appears to work just fine, though the camera seems to pan by too fast at the end of battle. Here's App.log and Reunion.log just in case. (My save is right before Guard Scorpion battle).

Reunion.log: https://pastebin.com/cTNT1RYQ
APP.log: https://pastebin.com/MrUKT03H

Thanks for all the hard work. I should be able to begin my playthrough in earnest now.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
The camera issue is already noted in The Reunion Database.

As for the no interpolated version - that's weird.  I've never had any issue with it.  If you check the fps of those battles, you should find they are 60.

Mabinog

• View Profile
My bad. I should've checked the database more thoroughly.

As for the frame rate, I just checked and you were right. It does run at 60fps in both modes. The lack of interpolated animations in mode 1 made me think it didn't run at 60, but it does (though in my case it's not a locked 60fps).

kenC

• View Profile
There's still a very small issue with the BGM coming back very suddenly just before new BGM after a fade.  Likely script error [vol being set to to 127 before the new audio is loaded] and fact PSX game removes audio on reacing 0 vol.  I'll prob have to put that functionality back in too.

Set music volume [param1: volume] (param1 (8-bit)=127, param2=0, param3=0, param4=0, param5=0)
Play music #0

<  like that, you see.  Setting vol to 127 BEFORE the music is played.  Bad idea.
Thank you so much DLPB, will check as soon as I get home and report back on any problems.

So exciting.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

kenC

• View Profile
So far so good - had a thing thing when "Fight On" did not come on during the first boss fight in the reactor, but I think it's probably been discussed on this thread and had to do with some option I need to tweak in options.ini.

Steam install working well now without converting.