Author Topic: [FF7] Text editor - Loveless (v2.5)  (Read 184012 times)

VanishedOne

• View Profile
Loveless - a FF7 text editor [v.1 - 2.5]
« Reply #150 on: 2008-02-09 20:41:04 »
Looking at his site, it's not very encouraging.

Squall78

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 2008-02-09 20:42:39 »
Yes, the snailrush's website is closed for a while... unfortunately...

_ValiantKnife

« Reply #152 on: 2008-02-11 16:13:46 »
Nice and easy to use editor. Thanks.

Squall78

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: 2008-04-19 18:29:07 »
Finally !
The new version is available !

2.5 changes :
- GUI adapted to Windows Vista
- help file removed
- fixed a bug which found texts in the las4_42 file (thanks to Tsetra)
- improved speed while generating text preview
- new "window resize" system
- fixed a bug which forbade you to use negative X and Y while moving a text window
- fixed a bug : if you center a window (horizontally and/or vertically) or if you 'Reposition' it, and then click 'Cancel', the position was saved, while it should be saved only if you click 'OK'.
- multilanguage support (you can create your own LNG file and please send me this new translation :))
- now texts list displays an icon (with number of windows) if the text is associated to a window
- threads support : GUI will no longer be "freezed" during long operations (open, save, replace all, ...)
- files comparison tool improved : now a better window is used. It displays more information about the files than before.
- files comparison tool improved : after doing a comparison between the opened file and another file, the texts which have been modified are now displayed in red. In order to see what you have already translated.
- fixed a bug which caused an error if you resized a window too small (less than 2 pixels width/height)
- "life" and "life2" files are now recognized as levels. There is no real change because they don't have any text... But you can see the level preview.
- fixed a bug which read bad texts in "nivinn3".
- files manager improved : now levels are displayed using their names and their descriptions. And it's possible to display all files, or only levels. Finally, it's possible to sort the list alphabatically (by name or description) or by number of texts.
- new feature : window colors manager. Now you can create "window colors profiles" and use them on the text peviewer.
- fixed a bug on the center buttons in the "Window resize" form.
- the random crashes seem to be fixed.
- fixed a bug which read bad texts (AKAO blocks) in some files.
- a new button on "find" window and "replace" window allows you to find the Previous occurence.
- new feature on "window modification" form : you can now resize the window using the profile 'Full screen'.
- invisible tags (like {SCROLLING}, {PAUSE 1}, {CHOICE}, etc) are now invisible on the text preview.
- now {CHOICE} tag is not visible (as other tags) and indent the text on the text preview, just like in the game.
- now {SPACED CHARACTERS} tag is not visible (as other tags) and create spaced characters on the text preview, just like in the game.
- now {BLINK} tag is not visible (as other tags) and displays characters in the current color and in grey on the text preview in order to simulate the blink effect (sorry but I can't create a real animation for now).
- now {MULTICOLOUR} tag is not visible (as other tags) and displays characters in each color (alternatively) on the text preview in order to simulate the rainbow effect (sorry but I can't create a real animation for now).

Download link : www.ffheaven.fr/projects/Loveless%202.5.zip

2 remarks :
- If you translate the LNG file into your language, please send me in order I put it in the ZIP file :)
- Submit your own windows colors ! The best ones will be added to Loveless 2.6 :)

Ragna

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: 2008-04-19 19:03:09 »
Ohh yeah!! Thanks, I love you!!  :-P
Now relax, and be prepared for your next release of Teioh!!  :wink:

*_*

Xelane

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 2008-04-19 19:19:59 »
looks cool

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 2008-04-20 07:52:45 »
Squall, I was almost worried you had given up.  Now I see you were spending your time fixing tons of bugs and making massive changes.   I can't wait to try this new version out!

Squall78

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 2008-04-20 08:27:55 »
Don't worry :) I didn't give up. I'm just a student which have a lot of work  :|

Tsetra

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 2008-04-21 07:58:51 »
Nice. I'm almost excited to see some new translations of the game even though I wouldn't be able to read them. Just the fact that it can be done though will bring a lot of justice to this game, as I hear many European language translations for it were horrible.

Petepl081085

« Reply #159 on: 2008-04-23 19:48:23 »
This editor is for PSX version or PC ?

Squall78

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: 2008-04-23 19:57:55 »
For the PC version. Maybe one day it will be for the PSX too...

Petepl081085

« Reply #161 on: 2008-04-23 20:02:57 »
I realy hope so :wink:

ajfoucault

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: 2008-05-25 22:31:37 »
Amazing program!
This will make much easier for people to translate FF VII to their favorite languages without any hacking knowledge!
Thanks a lot!
Two thumbs up!

Tsetra

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: 2008-05-31 10:57:45 »
Your new version is badass, man. Excellent work. I've been using it to help out on the voice-over project for the past several days and it's made work a hell of a lot easier. Thanks again. I haven't found any bugs at all so far.

auxili160

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: 2008-06-11 05:19:47 »
This program is just as impressive as Teioh is. Great job!

Tsetra

• View Profile
« Reply #165 on: 2008-06-15 21:50:50 »
I've noticed Loveless won't let me view multiple dialog windows in cases where there are more than one window for a given dialog. It will always display only 1/1.

auxili160

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 2008-06-16 01:55:44 »
Yeah I've noticed that too.

LeeHiOoO

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: 2008-09-24 10:43:18 »
Hey Squall78 Awesome job!!

- If you translate the LNG file into your language, please send me in order I put it in the ZIP file :)

Portuguese(BR) - http://www.megaupload.com/?d=U31B5L74
i'd just removed the levels descriptions so it can work with the english ones...

LeeHiOoO

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 2008-09-26 23:44:43 »
I've just found a weird bug using loveless version 2.5.
It happens if you type a % (percent symbol) at the last char of the text or at the start if you delete all test and insert the %.
I've found that while editing the text 7 from Onna_4 level...
the text is:
"The &$#% Room"
i was 'backspacing' the text and got this error when i reached the % :

"Violation d'accès à l'àdresse 004E1BFB dans le module 'Loveless.exe'. Lecture de l'adresse 00000000."

Also... i don't know how accurate the window preview is... but i'm getting some issues from that...
let's say... i got a window like this:

Code: [Select]
"Some text"
and in the preview window it shows me perfect but when i see in game it shows me like this

"Some text
without the ending quote... and sometimes happen like this:
Loveless shows me:

"Here is some text example
     with 2 lines."

and in game shows me:

"Here is some text exampl
e
     with 2 lines."

so i'm kinda always giving my windows some extra space for now on... but i just wanted to report this in case you want to take a look..
I'll have to check some already edited texts (a lot) to see if i'm getting this issue too..   :cry:

LeeH

Rufus95

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 2008-11-02 01:00:50 »
woah this editor helps a lot.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 2008-11-23 04:36:23 »
I have been trying to change the text, especially of cid to place is swearing back rather than @#!%

but it seems the same text is duplicated everywhere.  Why is it duplicated and which one will be teh one the game uses?

------

obviously I am using find and repalce to replace all duplicates, but why are there so many duplicate texts> This is unprofessional (from ff7 as a game), surely

1 minor problem with loveless.  I replaced 1 piece of text near gongaga as follows:

"If only we had some we could make the ultimate weapon"  to "With it, we can make the ultimate weapon"

No matter what I do or try, it displays it as ""With it, we can make the ultimate weap"

The "on" part goes outside the text box.

-----

The translation I made is to clear up the child like conversation at gongaga reactor between tseng and scarlet.  It used to read:

"what I'm looking for is big, large, huge materia.  You seen any?"
"no, I haven't seen it.  I'll get on it right away"
"please.  if only we had some, we could make the ultimate weapon"

>>  mine reads:

"what I'm looking for is huge materia."
"I'll get on it right away"
"please.  With it we can make the ultimate weapon"

Wish I had seen this program earlier.  So much of ff7 has dodgy dialogue.
« Last Edit: 2008-11-25 06:24:25 by Seifer Almasy »

Prof. Coldheart

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 2009-03-18 07:40:26 »
Hello, first time posting in this board. I was made aware of your Loveless program, and I immediately became inspired to rewrite FFVII's original script to something that's closer to the original creator's context, as well as an improvement overall from the original, spotty translation.

The program works far better than I thought, but I have just one question: I've noticed that there are multiple files that contain the same dialog for particular scenes. By my count, for example, there's about four paths that contain dialog from the opening Bombing Mission. I finished rewriting the dialog in one file before being made aware of the other files.

So, do I have to apply my changes to every path that contains the dialog? Is there a way I can implement the change in just one path and have it immediately reflect on all the other paths?

Thank you for your help, and I hope to create a quality script that you may consider hosting on your site, if you like it enough.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 2009-03-18 17:17:50 »
The game repeats a lot of text. You only need to change the dialogue in the scenes that use it; dialogue in scenes that don't use it can be left alone. You can tell what dialogue is used in a scene by looking in the middle box; if there is a light blue rectangle, the text is not used, if there is a dark blue one it is used.

If, for whatever reason, you do want to make universal changes, I believe there is something along the lines of a search and replace all function; I used it when I changed the spelling in my game from American to British, but I don't think you'll need to use it if you only want to fix mistranslations.

Prof. Coldheart

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 2009-03-18 17:37:53 »
Awesome, thanks. So I only need to change text with the dark blue squares. That saves a lot of time.

A universal change feature would come in handy, though. For instance, I was considering changing all instances of "Received" (regarding treasure) to "Obtained", to closer match current FF translations. Same idea with other repeated words or terms. If this can be done, let me know.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 2009-03-18 18:57:15 »
Awesome, thanks. So I only need to change text with the dark blue squares. That saves a lot of time.

I'm not sure whether the boxes are 100% accurate, but in any case you get a preview of the level, so you'll be able to see whether it's the scene where the dialogue is used.

A universal change feature would come in handy, though. For instance, I was considering changing all instances of "Received" (regarding treasure) to "Obtained", to closer match current FF translations. Same idea with other repeated words or terms. If this can be done, let me know.

That can be done with Ctrl+R and "replace all"; it works like the replace all tool in word processing programs. I'd recommend replacing received " , with a space and quotation mark, rather than just received if you only want to replace the word when it is used in that context.