Author Topic: [FF7] Text editor - Loveless (v2.5)  (Read 183602 times)

Prof. Coldheart

• View Profile
Loveless - a FF7 text editor [v.1 - 2.5]
« Reply #175 on: 2009-03-18 20:11:08 »
That's even better. I can also search for text this way as well.

However, I can't find any solid squares for the beginning conversation with Biggs, Wedge, and Jessie ("SOLDIER? Aren't they the enemy?" etc). In this instance, am I better off just replacing the text in every path?

bradyacoll

« Reply #176 on: 2009-03-18 20:11:36 »
im not likeing it so far.....id really like it.....if it didnt crash everytime i click save it gets to 100% then crashes! sometimes i get a thing that says error sometimes i dont.  so i do ctrl+alt+del to get rid of it because it froze start it back up to see if it saved and it didnt! and seriously make a tutorial with it because not all people know how to start it up and atomatically work it. keep working hard and keep taking suggestions and trying your best and plz help me out i wanna do a ff7 spoof :-D

bradyacoll

« Reply #177 on: 2009-03-18 20:59:33 »
nvm figured it out=) its great i love it thanks for making it!

Prof. Coldheart

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: 2009-03-18 22:27:09 »
Wait, I just noticed that you can resize the text window. Does it have to be a certain size to keep the game from crashing, or can you make it as big as necessary to add more dialog?

bradyacoll

« Reply #179 on: 2009-03-18 23:02:29 »
Wait, I just noticed that you can resize the text window. Does it have to be a certain size to keep the game from crashing, or can you make it as big as necessary to add more dialog?
well so far thats what ive been doing i have hyper cam and i might be able to post a vid of how to work things if ya want i know i messed up early but i think i got it now lol

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: 2009-03-18 23:06:50 »
That's even better. I can also search for text this way as well.

However, I can't find any solid squares for the beginning conversation with Biggs, Wedge, and Jessie ("SOLDIER? Aren't they the enemy?" etc). In this instance, am I better off just replacing the text in every path?

That dialogue is in file md1_1, text 32-43

Prof. Coldheart

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 2009-03-19 06:36:53 »
Awesome, it actually works. I tested it in the game.

The only issue is that some of the dialog is cut from the text boxes, even though it appears correctly formatted in the preview. Here's a couple of examples.

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j148/Xngears/Final%20Fantasy/FFVII%20Retranslated/ff72009-03-1822-41-56-10.jpg

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j148/Xngears/Final%20Fantasy/FFVII%20Retranslated/ff72009-03-1900-26-46-30.jpg

I see that there's a line feature for the text boxes. Should I just manually set the number for each text box (setting it to four, for four lines, etc), or is there an easier method?

Also, can this program also let me set the names for enemies, weapons, spells, and all other battle and menu stuff?

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: 2009-03-19 13:34:31 »
Use the new line function when a line gets too long, or resize the text box to make it fit; you should probably do the latter for the dialogue in the second picture.

Menu things can't be changed with Loveless, since it only edits the field files. Enemy names and attacks that only enemies use can be changed with Hojo. Attacks that the player can use, as well as weapon and item names, can be changed with Teioh. They were both made by the maker of the Loveless program, so the GUI is very user-friendly.

Some things can only be changed by modifying the actual executable (such as dialogue in shops and a lot of the text that appears in the menu screen). This can be problematic since you don't want to change the length of the executable, but it can be done.

Prof. Coldheart

• View Profile
« Reply #183 on: 2009-03-20 03:39:33 »
I got a couple more questions.

1. How can I get a preview of lines with "new page" separating them? For example, on the image I linked you, I couldn't check to see that the text was properly formatted because the program only showed it for the first line, but not the second.

2. Speaking of "new page", could I add that bracket to other lines, thereby adding additional text boxes with their own dialogue?

3. Where do I go to change the text spoken by characters during boss fights (like when Cloud warns Barret not to attack the robo scorpion with its tail up)?

4. And finally, is there a way to also edit the text in the opening and ending credits (so I can add my name in, of course)?

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: 2009-03-20 16:02:56 »
1. I'm not actually sure. I've had this problem myself, so if anyone else knows what to do...

2. Are you talking about simply adding new pages of text? Then yes, new page does that, although it's not the same as having a completely different text box as is done in most dialogue (which requires editing with Meteor); new page is usually used when the same character says a lot of things.

3. This is in the enemy AI data in the scene bin. Since editing AI is complicated, no AI editor has been made yet, so it has to be done with a hex editor.

4. I don't think there is a way to edit them as such, since they are movies rather than text boxes; you'd need to make new movies.

Abashiri

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 2009-03-22 04:30:04 »
Hooray!  :-)

Programs that let you edit FF7 without any programming abilities.

Any for enemy/character stats?

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: 2009-03-22 12:40:13 »
Hojo (I linked to it earlier) will edit enemy stats (and quite a lot of other things).

Character stats are more complicated. Jenova can edit a character's current stats and the current version of Wall Market can edit a character's starting stats (although IIRC there might be problems with Vincent and Cait Sith). The final version of Wall Market will be able to edit stat curves (so the you'll be able to control how the characters gain stats. This can already be done with a hex editor, but that is far more tedious.

Aeris

• ~~Princess~~
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 2009-04-10 01:44:20 »
Would there be anyway to make a certain dialogue visible/used? i see quite a few pieces i'd like used in the game that help the story make a lot more sense. and was just curious as i haven't figured it out with Cosmo or Loveless yet. (sorry for Necromancy too)

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: 2009-04-10 01:54:16 »
AFAIK there is no way to do that with Loveless: I think that Meteor is the tool you'd need for that, because you need to edit the script for the field to make new dialogue boxes appear (or unused dialogue). I'm useless with Meteor, so I can't say how exactly it's done, but here is some information about field scripts that may or may not come in handy.

On a related topic, there is a project to put back in a lot of deleted dialogues and such that seem to have been planned early on in the games development but dropped later on.

Silent Warrior

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: 2009-04-12 07:41:15 »
Just wanted to say: Silent Warrior LOVES Loveless. :lol:

I got some memory-leaks in v2.4, are they gone? (Also some degree of bloat, but I guess that's the encoding...)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 2009-04-25 13:09:22 »
i know u can change text but question is, why have the game designers repeated so much of it?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: 2009-06-04 01:15:23 »
can this program actually stop a text from appearing and make the next one in the chain appear?  Or am I stuck with what is given :P

For example, I want to edit that silly chest that can't be opened.  It was going to containa  summon but was left out of game.  "locked..."  implies it is still usable.

The Seer of Shadows

• I used to be indecisive. But now, I'm not sure...
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: 2009-06-04 12:54:21 »
That must be done with Meteor.  Even if you changed "locked..." to "Received 'Revive Aerith!!' Materia", obviously, you won't get anything.

Forgive my ignorance, but I don't recall where that chest was... I remember being very annoyed with the already-opened chests in Corel Prison.

You might want to change "locked..." to "...?  There's no way to open it!"

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: 2009-06-05 00:35:28 »
If I cant remove the code I will place in "This is a fake..."

and it was in a house in Kalm :P  If i remember

edit:  how exactly do I open the file?  It keeps telling me it aint a valid field file?  Which does it want?
« Last Edit: 2009-06-05 00:56:02 by Seifer Almasy »

The Seer of Shadows

• I used to be indecisive. But now, I'm not sure...
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: 2009-06-05 04:09:36 »
If you are using Loveless, open the flevel.lgp.  With Meteor, you need to first extract all files from the flevel.lgp and edit them individually.

Also, I think Meteor only works with unaltered files.  And while extracting (I use Highwind), it asks you if you want to decompress the compressed files.  Say NO.  Otherwise, when you put all the files back together into the flevel.lgp again, the game won't run with it.

Agahnim

« Reply #195 on: 2009-07-16 01:56:01 »
hello! i am new here and i love your forum! the best forum about ff7 editing!

is there a way to insert greek characters with this program?? (characters like "Θ, Γ, Ω, Λ, Σ, Ψ, Δ, Φ, Ξ, Π")

if yes then i am blind! i search all the forum but i cant find it!

ps: thanx in advance and sorry for bad englsih

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: 2009-07-16 02:04:11 »
Final Fantasy 7 has a limited character set, so I doubt that there is any way to put Greek letters into it. I'm not sure about this, but don't get your hopes up. If we can have a Greek version, that would be awesome!

seifer temp

« Reply #197 on: 2009-07-20 13:58:52 »

is there a way to insert greek characters with this program?? (characters like "Θ, Γ, Ω, Λ, Σ, Ψ, Δ, Φ, Ξ, Π")

This has to be done by altering the character picture/map.  I don't know how but it isn't that hard because others have done it for the psx version.  Gemini is one of them.  I need to change certain letters to allow for O and I with a macron by altering existing ascii characters.  Someone would have to create a tool to do if for you though.
===========

To author:

Bug.  When "replacing" text, it sometimes stalls the program.  It hangs trying to replace text randomely and I then need to shut down loveless and restart in order to get it to change the text without ruining multiple text files.

Vista x64 UAC disabled.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: 2009-07-20 20:14:27 »

This has to be done by altering the character picture/map.  I don't know how but it isn't that hard because others have done it for the psx version.  Gemini is one of them.  I need to change certain letters to allow for O and I with a macron by altering existing ascii characters.  Someone would have to create a tool to do if for you though.

Yeah, that's probably the only way to do it  :roll:

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: 2009-08-13 22:42:49 »
Well considering all text is on a bunch of textures you would at the very least have to redo those textures with the new characters. Sort of like what im doing but just making the fonts high res