Author Topic: [FF7PC]FF7 SYW "ArkTsukiVock" (v4) upscale : Battle, world map, fields, videos  (Read 189821 times)

orichalcon

• It's a sin that somehow
  • Light is changing to shadow
    • View Profile
    • The Reunion
@Ori
You seems realy agressive for no reason.
Anyone can install this pack with reunion in an easy way (just need to convert to png and read reunion's readme file)

I remove the reunion feature for some raisons and nothing to do with dlpb
-I've make the full installer from zero in c# to avoid vb6 falses positive, so i checked and optimized the code, i've removed useless feature (reunion and iro compression level)
-I removed the iro compression feature because iro's compression is only usefull for distro otherwise it'll make the use of iro slower and as iro car be 7z for distro no use here.
-I removed reunion installer because:
1)you can install it from png with copy/paste files in the reunion folders
2)i can't auto-manage file replacement, witch mean that my files will overwrithe the existing one in reunion install folder or the the renuion's one will remains and avoid my file from being used
3)as i don't use reunion myself i wont be able to do the tests needed if a bug occurs
>>So as there's no safe way to auto-install with reunion, i kept the option to convert dds to png and anyone can use use safelly the converted files with reunion

So if one day reunion provide a "safe way" i can use to make my mods work without the risk of overwriting existing installed reunion mods i'll probably get the option back.

perhaps i did go a tad overboard, but i think its just as unfair to say i have absolutely no reason

the timing of this feature removal is suspicious, what else am i supposed to think?

and i do realize this can still be used with reunion, but its quite complicated, even for moderately computer literate people... i had to use a guide to get everything right
now imagine trying to walk multiple people through this process on a regular basis who are not very computer savvy, just scroll through the last 2 pages of this thread - many people are trying to install this with reunion

i don't understand what was wrong with the old method of placing all your files in GLOBAL, the only thing it overwrites is the world map files, and whether yours gets used or the one inside reunion isnt going to be a big deal

as i said in my previous rant, this really screws over the average person just trying to play this game with these 2 mods working together, causing much frustration, when it used to be done with a click of a button
at the very least you could have kept a link up for the old version, mods should be about letting everyone play it (or at least as many as possible)
« Last Edit: 2020-08-28 07:50:53 by -Ori »

LordUrQuan

• Alpha testing your worst nightmares
  • LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
the timing of this feature removal is suspicious, what else am i supposed to think?
You're supposed to quietly ask the person who made the change, not make wild and unfounded accusations in public.

orichalcon

• View Profile
    • The Reunion
You're supposed to quietly ask the person who made the change, not make wild and unfounded accusations in public.

these accusations are neither wild, nor unfounded accusations

its part of a ploy to not let new users know that reunion exists - and if anyone hasnt figured it out yet, i'm always gonna fight against that, because i think its wrong
people should be able to know everything that is out there and have options for as many configurations as possible, as easily as possible

that being said, my goal here is not to sabotage this mod - it is of the utmost quality

but that is why you are getting this response, this is a huge blow and its fueled by petty nonsense
so dont blame me for playing the same game
« Last Edit: 2020-08-28 18:29:14 by -Ori »

BahamutSIN

• View Profile
I still firmly believe that stepping out of the screen and going outside to get some fresh air and vitamin D3 would've prevented this. 

strife98

• Global moderator
  • Doink!
    • View Profile
Alright lets go ahead and cut this conversation off right now. No ones trying to deny that Reunion exists. Hell it's even up and in plain view of everyone in the discord with a link to both its discord and its website.

This was a choice that Satsuki made, and arguing about it probably won't change his mind. If I know anything about people it tends to do the opposite. A full blown argument doesn't need to be made when a slight against either side has been made, so I'm going to ask this to stop right now before it gets out of hand. It's not like he made it impossible to work with Reunion, so what's the huge deal? As you said, if anything else this will bring more traffic to Reunions discord so why are you getting so upset about it? Just let it be.

Real tired of everyone still being so sore about this. It's been 2 months, it's time to grow up and agree that both Qhimm and DLPB have gone their own ways, but we're not trying to deny Reunions or DLPB's existence. If you still want to argue about it there are better places for it besides in Satsuki's thread.

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
Just a few words to finish this up (if it's not the place strife98, please tell me and i'll delete this).

I had arguments with dlpb it's a fact, but even after those args i said i'll support reunion because i never had any problem with reunion users, they must be able to use my work as they want.

My installer exists for some time now (and outside this forum too) and i tried to solve the main complains i received other the time:
-Antivirus false positive, took me several hour to be able to make the same soft in c# (witch i never used before) to avoid this.
-Reunion's overwrite, i got some mails about this and also a discution from one of my us friend, because they used other files (magic an menus mainly) witch was overwrited by my installer (menus file have been removed too for some time because of compatibilies issue with lots of other mods).

Again anyone how can read a doc can easily make a manual install for the reunion, or manual install with ffnx or aali driver.... the only raison why it's "harder" to do with reunion is because dlpb as done a "texture folder path structure simplification" witch is different of the one used on ALL others drivers systems for ff7.

I support iro's creation because it can't hurt/overwrithe anything, it's a simple way to use mods.

So:
-If the texture folders structure is like in all other drivers use, the manual install would be as simple as copy/paste the png folder from my mods
-If reunion adds a full mod system (one folder for each mods with load priority in a config file for exemple) i'll add it again as it can't hurt others files.

@-Ori
I'm not here to prevent any installation of my mod, i just want to provide the better option.
Feel free to make your own installer for reunion from my file and share it everywhere you want, just credit me in the description / readme
oh, one last word about keep older versions alive, i'll quote your dear dlpb "I'm not supporting older obsolete version of my work, please don't share it" (<< just a little jocke here, feel free to share my older version anywhere you wan't, but i'll dont do any support nor update on it)
« Last Edit: 2020-08-28 20:32:29 by satsuki »

urgdfriend

• View Profile
-If the texture folders structure is like in all other drivers use, the manual install would be as simple as copy/paste the png folder from my mods
-If reunion adds a full mod system (one folder for each mods with load priority in a config file for exemple) i'll add it again as it can't hurt others files.

Such A feature currently exists. But for now I think its locked to one mod at a time, FINAL FANTASY VII\The_Reunion\CUSTOM, By allowing the installer to create a "SYW" Folder in there you can install the files without conflict, Not sure if DLPB is planning on allowing multiple folders of mods to load but it still exists.

stellarscope

• View Profile
Hi!  This is a fantastic mod.  I've been using it in 7th Heaven.  I have noticed that any kind of television / screen that appears in the fields seem to have animation issues.  It looks like the first image "burns" into the second one when transitioning, then the second one "burns" into the third one, and so on.

Anyway, like I said -- really great mod that's allowing me a new way to experience this great game.

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
it's an engine limitation (like the aerith house water fall for exemple).
will be possible to solve with ffnx but atm no tool car realy do that

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
This engine limitation is solved in the v5 version ^^
look at it here : https://forum.tsunamods.com/viewtopic.php?f=69&t=39&p=693#p693

the_randomizer85

• View Profile
Yeah, I like how the link above doesn't actually link to the forum/topic, but says "Sorry but this board is currently unavailable."

How are we supposed to install this mod with Reunion?

orichalcon

• View Profile
    • The Reunion
How are we supposed to install this mod with Reunion?

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=20311.0

this is the v4 mod for reunion, and reunion's graphic driver doesnt support the extra field animations from v5 at the moment