Author Topic: [FF7] Tutorial for Bootleg - Tifa's Bootleg  (Read 2436134 times)

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
Re: [Tutorial] Tifa's Bootleg
« Reply #750 on: 2013-05-17 00:44:14 »
spadge, the shaders do not affect sound, they are merely visual.

Zacharias

• View Profile
« Reply #751 on: 2013-05-17 00:46:27 »
Is it normal for the the game to lose it's sound whenever I switch windows?

Also if it is possible to use a PC game controller for this game, and if so, how do I configure it to work?

Sorry for all the questions, any help is greatly appreciated!
« Last Edit: 2013-05-17 00:57:59 by Zacharias »

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: 2013-05-17 01:01:29 »
To use a controller, after launching the game don't press anything on the mouse or keyboard AT ALL. Then, skip the logos and load a game using your controller to navigate. Once in game, pause and go to config and map it the way you want. One side should say keyboard or something and the other should say joystick which is your controller.

Zacharias

• View Profile
« Reply #753 on: 2013-05-17 01:13:48 »
Ah yes found it thanks!

Just curious... is it possible to change the mods once i've started. Just realised some of the Avatars I picked don't look right and I wanted to change them, is this possible without having to do the entire setup again?

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: 2013-05-17 01:16:07 »
No, you have to uninstall, then delete the installation folder manually, then it is optional to delete registry entries but is not usually needed, then reinstall and run bootleg again.

spadge3k00

• View Profile
« Reply #755 on: 2013-05-17 01:32:36 »
im aware the shaders dont affect sound, what i want to know is why they dont work? and what exactly am i loosing out on if i turn them off is there much diffrence? im using a radeon 6990, core i7 if that helps, latest drivers direct x, c++ ect.

Template

• Life is a series of cats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: 2013-05-17 11:53:42 »
shaders dont add much but im surprised they arent working at all with your gear. try different options in bootloader configurator like HDR shader etc. iirc some dont work on ATI cards but some do. Oh and I seem to remember there being something about people with intel's onboard graphics needing to specify which graphics card to use?

Just throwing some stuff out there.

For me, whenever FF7 crashes on startup it means my sound in the ff7config.exe utility isnt configured, the application will just close itself at opening movie. EG, if I switch my sound from HDMI out to the standard speaker jack thru windows, it requires a run through ff7config to reset the sound driver.
« Last Edit: 2013-05-17 12:32:45 by Template »

Zacharias

• View Profile
« Reply #757 on: 2013-05-17 12:25:01 »
Hey guys, in this video it shows Cloud with the outfit he wore in Advent Children

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uD-2wyLROM

I checked all the Mods and the Tutorial page but I can't seem to find it, any idea how I can get it?

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: 2013-05-17 12:34:44 »
It's not a legal model.

Zacharias

• View Profile
« Reply #759 on: 2013-05-17 14:18:51 »
It's not a legal model.

Ah man that sucks, looked kinda cool.

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: 2013-05-17 18:27:52 »
Yes, when it crashes at start, you usually just need to run FF7Config.exe and repick your sound driver.

Zacharias

• View Profile
« Reply #761 on: 2013-05-17 21:39:22 »
Guys I need some serious help!

I'm in that part of the game where you have to sneak past Aerith's room to get by, to do that you need to walk not run.

This is the problem:

I installed the mod than makes you run all the time, now I know if you hold the cancel button it makes Cloud walk instead however whenever he reaches a certain point in the room he starts running automatically and I get sent back to the room, this happens again and again even while holding the cancel button.

Can anyone fix this? I've leveled up so much in the game I really don't want to have to re-install everything all over again

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #762 on: 2013-05-17 21:44:19 »
Try running instead of walking. This has been reported before, and I think that's the work around to it.

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: 2013-05-17 22:14:02 »
Guys I need some serious help!

I'm in that part of the game where you have to sneak past Aerith's room to get by, to do that you need to walk not run.

This is the problem:

I installed the mod than makes you run all the time, now I know if you hold the cancel button it makes Cloud walk instead however whenever he reaches a certain point in the room he starts running automatically and I get sent back to the room, this happens again and again even while holding the cancel button.

Can anyone fix this? I've leveled up so much in the game I really don't want to have to re-install everything all over again
This happened to me a long time ago too even when walking it runs all of a sudden what i did to fix it was i removed the alwaysrun patch then got past that then saved then put on the alwaysrun patch on again and back to normal no more problems :)

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: 2013-05-17 22:20:11 »
Problem:
When the always run patch is enabled, it is impossible to walk past Aerith's bedroom to sneak out, because Cloud starts running even if you hold [cancel] to walk.

Explanation:
The scripting in this scene does not know about the always run patch. Instead of checking if you're running, it checks if you're holding [cancel], assuming that holding the button means you're running and not holding it means you're walking. That last bit of running has nothing to do with your movement, but is actually part of the script; you can even let go of the directional buttons at that point and he'll keep running a bit longer.

Solution:
Just don't hold cancel. Run right past. You won't get caught.

I wonder if it's possible to fix this script for the always-run patch, so this doesn't happen.

Zacharias

• View Profile
« Reply #765 on: 2013-05-18 01:15:45 »
Thank you so much guys you have all been very helpful, quick and to the point the people of this site are extremely helpful.

I shall try running past it tomorrow see if it goes well :)

Zacharias

• View Profile
« Reply #766 on: 2013-05-19 18:17:26 »
Oh hey guys, i'm up to the bit where Coud enters the Shinra building to save Aerith and... wow... there are a lot of bugs here. The bosses seem to be mixed up, i'm fighting Rufus even though i'm not suppose to even meet him yet. fighting the boss at the end of the motorbike scene when i'm not there yet.

Is there something I can do to fix this? I'm fighting bosses that i'm not supposed to fight yet and their levels are much higher than mine

raikodx

• View Profile
« Reply #767 on: 2013-05-19 19:29:01 »
Hello people. This is my first post so bear with me on this. I'm having 3 issues with this whole setup.

1: I'm having issues with all the mods I set up in BFE.exe not actually being executed in the actual game. For instance, the character models for Cloud and Barret are different from the ones I chose in the BFE interface. Or the beginning game screen loads as "Standoff with Logo" instead of the "Buster Glare" that I chose. Same thing with music and possibly the "Lost Wing" game difficulty I chose.  I wouldn't know because...

2: The game crashes every time after I complete the very first battle. I will win and then the screen goes black. the music is still playing but the screen goes black then I'll get a popup stating the FF7 has crashed.

3: Also another problem that I am having is that I have a very small internal hard drive (30GB) because my old 500GB fried a while back. And the hard drive is pretty full with other things so I use a 1.5 TB external HD. I installed Bootleg and FF7 (everything) on the external. Could this be my entire issue or is it totally possible to run this setup on an external?

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: 2013-05-19 21:18:52 »
The external drive is not the issue.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: 2013-05-19 21:35:02 »
Oh hey guys, i'm up to the bit where Coud enters the Shinra building to save Aerith and... wow... there are a lot of bugs here. The bosses seem to be mixed up, i'm fighting Rufus even though i'm not suppose to even meet him yet. fighting the boss at the end of the motorbike scene when i'm not there yet.

Is there something I can do to fix this? I'm fighting bosses that i'm not supposed to fight yet and their levels are much higher than mine

It sounds like you installed Mode Switching for your difficulty, no? It's full of bugs, so I'd recommend picking one difficulty and only installing that.

Hello people. This is my first post so bear with me on this. I'm having 3 issues with this whole setup.

1: I'm having issues with all the mods I set up in BFE.exe not actually being executed in the actual game. For instance, the character models for Cloud and Barret are different from the ones I chose in the BFE interface. Or the beginning game screen loads as "Standoff with Logo" instead of the "Buster Glare" that I chose. Same thing with music and possibly the "Lost Wing" game difficulty I chose.  I wouldn't know because...

2: The game crashes every time after I complete the very first battle. I will win and then the screen goes black. the music is still playing but the screen goes black then I'll get a popup stating the FF7 has crashed.

3: Also another problem that I am having is that I have a very small internal hard drive (30GB) because my old 500GB fried a while back. And the hard drive is pretty full with other things so I use a 1.5 TB external HD. I installed Bootleg and FF7 (everything) on the external. Could this be my entire issue or is it totally possible to run this setup on an external?

1. You're not seeing the mods you chose because they didn't install correctly. This is the result of a user error during the install process. I recommend turning off UAC and any anti-virus programs you may be running before running Bootleg. Was the Mod Listing all green and yellow?  It's good to read the command prompt as Bootleg is installing, and checking the installation log afterwards. I honestly have no other words to give because people make mistakes a lot when installing for the first time, but I can't really address what I can't see. In almost every case they come back later saying they figured it out, and it never had anything to do with the actually mods. Trial and error with good patience will get everything to work, I promise  :)

2. This is because of #1. If mods aren't installing properly, there will be indefinite problems running the game. Fix #1 and this should go away. Please post your APP.log so we may get an understanding of what causes the crash. Please post it with [code ] and [/code ] markings, minus the spaces.
3. The 1.5TB is fine.

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #770 on: 2013-05-20 04:53:00 »
3. The 1.5TB is fine.
Yes, that could just be just enough :-D

@raikodx

Disable UAC and anti-virus software and run "BFE.exe" then again.
Click on the "Install" and assure you that the information is correct there.
Note that "Temporary Files" may require up to 20GB space alone, in addition to the space that is now required in the Games folder.
With 40GB space can be expected.

Zacharias

• View Profile
« Reply #771 on: 2013-05-20 18:41:53 »
It sounds like you installed Mode Switching for your difficulty, no? It's full of bugs, so I'd recommend picking one difficulty and only installing that.

Ah man, i'm already halfway through the game and the bosses are all mixed up with ordinary opponents. Is there a way to fix this without me having to delete what i've done so far?
I've stuck with the Remastered difficulty and I won't switch but it's still going on. Any advice?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: 2013-05-20 20:54:09 »
Ah man, i'm already halfway through the game and the bosses are all mixed up with ordinary opponents. Is there a way to fix this without me having to delete what i've done so far?
I've stuck with the Remastered difficulty and I won't switch but it's still going on. Any advice?

Copy the save folder somewhere safe. Uninstall FF7Music, then FF7, then delete all the junk files left over. Lastly, run CCleaner to clean out the registry.

Next, install the game and Bootleg again. This time, don't choose Mode Switching as your difficulty. Instead, choose Remastered. Once it's all installed again, put the save folder back into the main installation folder.

raikodx

• View Profile
« Reply #773 on: 2013-05-21 13:22:15 »
Thanks for the responses guys. EQ2Alyza, you were right. It was user error. What I did was install Bootleg mods before making changes to the mods. So I ended up with the default mods instead. So I uninstalled FF7 and reinstalled. Then made my mod changes and then ran bootleg to install. I got confused with your tutorial because it goes off on the "Downloading and installing the extra mods" tangent and I missed the part where the "Run Bootleg" was supposed to be clicked to install your chosen mods. Hope that makes sense, but over all, its fixed and running fine. Thanks again.

darthcaius

• View Profile
« Reply #774 on: 2013-05-22 14:00:46 »
Well hello there guys. I'm having a bit of a problem. I've tried installing bootleg via the first page tutorial multiple times and solved several issues on my own, however I don't know where to go next. I get the install working and the bootloader is up and running with settings similar to the original post, however the game will not progress past the opening EIDOS logo. Here is my app log. I'm using windows vista 32 bit and bootleg/BFE are running as administrator for sure. I see that the problem is that it couldn't change to the save folder in my directory, but I just checked and it is definitely there. I even put a copy of my save in there and I'm still getting the unhandled exception. Any ideas?

INFO: FF7/FF8 OpenGL driver version 0.7.11b
INFO: Auto-detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
INFO: ATI Technologies Inc. ATI Radeon X1250 2.0.6747 Release
INFO: OpenGL 2.0 support detected
INFO: PBO not supported
INFO: Found swap_control extension
INFO: Max texture size: 2048x2048
INFO: Number of texture units: 8
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 960x720, output resolution 960x720, internal resolution 1280x960
INFO: FBO extension detected, using fast scaling/postprocessing path
INFO: Shader limits: varying 44, vert uniform 512, frag uniform 512
INFO: vertex shader compile log:
Vertex shader was successfully compiled to run on hardware.

INFO: fragment shader compile log:
Fragment shader was successfully compiled to run on hardware.
INFO: main program link log:
Fragment shader(s) linked, vertex shader(s) linked.
INFO: FFMpeg movie player plugin loaded
INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r25886, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
INFO: FF7Music helper plugin loaded
INFO: Loading external library Multi.dll
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
initializing sound...
creating dsound primary buffer
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized
set music volume: 127
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF CREDITS!!!
INFO: C:\Games\FF7legit\movies\eidoslogo.avi; indeo5/pcm_s16le 640x480, 30.000000 FPS, duration: 12.933333, frames: 388
INFO: slow output format from video codec indeo5; 6
set music volume trans: 127->0, step=60
END OF CREDITS!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
ERROR: COULD NOT CHANGE TO DIRECTORY C:\Games\FF7legit\save
ERROR: unhandled exception
« Last Edit: 2013-05-22 14:11:08 by darthcaius »