Author Topic: [FF7] Tutorial for Bootleg - Tifa's Bootleg  (Read 2436312 times)

Kompass63

• View Profile
Re: [Tutorial] Tifa's Bootleg
« Reply #975 on: 2013-07-05 17:32:48 »
The problem is, I do not have a registry key from the Steam version, and manually input the path I want to avoid...

EagleGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #976 on: 2013-07-05 23:10:15 »
The "Team Avalanche HR" option in the Textures group supposedly has a new Barret model. If I choose this option, will the Barret model I chose be overwritten by the "Team Avalanche HR" Barret model?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #977 on: 2013-07-05 23:14:51 »
The "Team Avalanche HR" option in the Textures group supposedly has a new Barret model. If I choose this option, will the Barret model I chose be overwritten by the "Team Avalanche HR" Barret model?

No, any models you choose on the Player tab will take priority.

EagleGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #978 on: 2013-07-05 23:23:43 »
Thanks, I was wondering about that.
Also, I don't believe it's possible to choose which new SFX you want. I hope that's a feature in the next release. I tried using a debug command (I don't want to give the guy who gave it to me in trouble, plus I don't remember his name anyways, so...) to do it manually and I ended up filling up all the space on my D: drive (and making myself look like a total noob in the process). I guess I should talk about that to PitBrat, though.

chad2584

• View Profile
« Reply #979 on: 2013-07-06 00:22:54 »
I was able to get the mods to work with the Steam download but is there a way to get the game to play through Steam where it tracks your time and achievements?

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: 2013-07-06 00:43:23 »
You can't keep the achievements if you used the converter or Bootleg (which uses the converter). If you simply replaced the files in the lgp's then it should still do all that.

chad2584

• View Profile
« Reply #981 on: 2013-07-06 00:55:40 »
You can't keep the achievements if you used the converter or Bootleg (which uses the converter). If you simply replaced the files in the lgp's then it should still do all that.

Thanks for the reply, I don't even know how I could change the files without using Bootleg though.  Any idea where I could find some type of tutorial on how to do that or is it more complex than just looking at a tutorial?

As you can tell I am not very savvy when it comes to programming, so it's probably best that I don't even try it.
« Last Edit: 2013-07-06 01:15:40 by chad2584 »

SacredD

• View Profile
« Reply #982 on: 2013-07-06 01:15:17 »
Any alternate location to download all files? my isp blocks the site u listed T.T

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: 2013-07-06 01:18:11 »
chad2584, I would just use Bootleg unless you want to make your life harder. On top of that, even if you didn't use Bootleg and did everything yourself, you would still lose achievements unless you used a very select few mods. The vast majority require you to convert your game to the old version, which is why you lose the achievements. (Bootleg does this for you)
« Last Edit: 2013-07-06 01:21:41 by [CleverNameHere] »

chad2584

• View Profile
« Reply #984 on: 2013-07-06 01:24:24 »
chad2584, I would just use Bootleg unless you want to make your life harder. On top of that, even if you didn't use Bootleg and did everything yourself, you would still lose achievements unless you used a very select few mods. The vast majority require you to convert your game to the old version, which is why you lose the achievements. (Bootleg does this for you)

Thanks for the advice, my life is hard enough as it is lol.  I'll just stick with Bootleg, if I really want the achievements that bad then I will just play it with the old school graphics.

One thing though, when I was playing with the mods added, there was a big black bar that would appear in the middle of the screen at the beginning of every battle and disappear after a couple seconds.  Any idea what could be causing that?

EagleGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #985 on: 2013-07-06 01:32:29 »
The Bunny Girls option only replaces their outfit during the Don Corneo sequence, right?

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: 2013-07-06 01:42:05 »
That black bar is where the old battle menu used to be. No fullscreen effects will occur in that area.

chad2584

• View Profile
« Reply #987 on: 2013-07-06 02:36:53 »
Thank you, I wasn't sure if it was supposed to be there or if I had done something wrong during the installation.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #988 on: 2013-07-06 03:27:21 »
The Bunny Girls option only replaces their outfit during the Don Corneo sequence, right?

Yes, same with the Sailor Moon outfits I believe.

EagleGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #989 on: 2013-07-06 07:29:48 »
Alright, thanks again. I'd be super duper ecstatic to replay Bootleg if the torrent was faster ;-;

mystery_editor

• Mmm... Pi
    • View Profile
« Reply #990 on: 2013-07-06 08:48:35 »
Alright, thanks again. I'd be super duper ecstatic to replay Bootleg if the torrent was faster ;-;

I'm monitoring the torrents, and there is some kind of throttling on my seedbox atm. Investigating now, but my hosting company is having some issues. Persevere, and it'll be done soon :)

sinocia

• View Profile
« Reply #991 on: 2013-07-06 16:56:41 »
when I start the game using the bootloader, I cant seem to figure out the controls. nothing on my keyboard work except the arrow keys and "enter" key on my numpad. not allowing my to access the menu or anything.

any ideas?
im using the steam version if it matters.

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: 2013-07-06 18:03:01 »
Numberpad controls are default. To change them, pause then go to config it should be in the options.

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #993 on: 2013-07-06 20:37:14 »
when I start the game using the bootloader, I cant seem to figure out the controls. nothing on my keyboard work except the arrow keys and "enter" key on my numpad. not allowing my to access the menu or anything.

any ideas?
im using the steam version if it matters.
Toggle your Numpad to enter numbers  :-D

Numberpad controls are default. To change them, pause then go to config it should be in the options.
For me, I can use both at the same, Numberpad and Gamepad  8-)

The Comfy Chair

• View Profile
« Reply #994 on: 2013-07-06 22:21:22 »
Hi!

Has anyone been able to get the new steam version to work with the bootloader yet? I've set both the BFE.exe and Bootleg.exe to administrator, yet when running the bootloader via BFE.exe it does not appear to be finding the FF7 directory (well, in the cmd window it's showing a ff7 directory of "=/"). Is there anything that i need to do with the steam instillation first? Like run it for the first time (as in, start up the game as opposed to first time installation)? Or has it just worked for everyone?

My Steam folder for FF7 is just one one of my non-windows hard drives, so it's not in a system folder. I've also disabled UAC. I am on windows 8 if that could potentially cause an issue?

Rundas

• What do you even do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: 2013-07-06 22:23:01 »
Everything that works with the steam version works with the re-release because they are the same thing.

sinocia

• View Profile
« Reply #996 on: 2013-07-07 00:35:03 »

how do you pause? all I can do I move around with the numpad arrow keys. ive pressed every button nothing else works

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #997 on: 2013-07-07 01:20:08 »
how do you pause? all I can do I move around with the numpad arrow keys. ive pressed every button nothing else works
Pause only works in battle, and is then key "5" on the numpad.

Zexmaxwell001

• View Profile
« Reply #998 on: 2013-07-07 03:39:01 »
Like this program. one small problem. people would like to preview the types of musics sets you have in the bootleg. Sure, I can open up the zip file, but there is no real way to distinguish one music pack from the next. so, here I am waiting for the bootleg to install everything when I only did one change and hoping its the change I want.

ps: I'm part of the steam baby boom XD

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #999 on: 2013-07-07 04:07:21 »
You can change the music profile also manually.
Start the FF7Music.exe inside the FF7Music folder and klick on "Configure", then go to the "Files"-TAB and select a different Profile.
Make sure that you also have the corresponding music files.