Author Topic: [FF7] Tutorial for Bootleg - Tifa's Bootleg  (Read 2436138 times)

mslayten

• View Profile
Re: [Tutorial] Tifa's Bootleg
« Reply #1000 on: 2013-07-07 05:59:57 »
Not sure if you are aware but the links to the ffviiremix mp3 files are broken and giving permission errors. Is it possible to install without these? They are listed in red on bootleg no matter which music profile i select so I assume they are required to run the installation.

Edit: Also I am the 1,000th post, do I get a cookie?
« Last Edit: 2013-07-07 06:02:58 by mslayten »

Sahaquiel

• View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: 2013-07-07 06:07:31 »
I've just downloaded this mod pack, which is amazing, however I am actually having a sound issue.

The sound is great, although the music is coming through rather loud and the in game settings under config do not do anything to change the volume.

I actually am having a second sound problem. Some of the music (I haven't quite gotten to the first boss yet) is lagging behind. When I win a battle it will take about five seconds after the last enemy is killed before the fanfare plays. Coming back into the game the music will take quite a substantial amount of time before it will kick back in, a lot of times it will not kick in at all until after the next fight.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thank you ahead of time,
Sahaquiel

mslayten

• View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: 2013-07-07 06:14:43 »
I've just downloaded this mod pack, which is amazing, however I am actually having a sound issue.

The sound is great, although the music is coming through rather loud and the in game settings under config do not do anything to change the volume.

I actually am having a second sound problem. Some of the music (I haven't quite gotten to the first boss yet) is lagging behind. When I win a battle it will take about five seconds after the last enemy is killed before the fanfare plays. Coming back into the game the music will take quite a substantial amount of time before it will kick back in, a lot of times it will not kick in at all until after the next fight.

Thank you ahead of time,
Sahaquiel

I'm no expert but it sounds like a problem I've had in some games,double check the sound settings in the mod configs but also check to see if you can adjust buffering and frequency in your audio drivers configuration, could be related to audio syncing.

MrKravin

• View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: 2013-07-07 06:19:32 »
I read over this thread a few times and can't seem to find anyone with the same issue I'm having, so here we go:

I bought FF7 on Steam yesterday and followed the tutorial. The mods load fine(new models, music is better, etc). My game is crashing after the swoosh on the first battle. Here's the app.log dump:

INFO: FF7/FF8 OpenGL driver version 0.7.11b
INFO: Auto-detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
INFO: NVIDIA Corporation GeForce GTX 690/PCIe/SSE2 4.3.0
INFO: OpenGL 2.0 support detected
INFO: Using PBO
INFO: Found swap_control extension
INFO: Max texture size: 16384x16384
INFO: Number of texture units: 4
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 1920x1080, output resolution 1440x1080, internal resolution 3840x2160
INFO: FBO extension detected, using fast scaling/postprocessing path
INFO: Shader limits: varying 124, vert uniform 4096, frag uniform 2048
INFO: FFMpeg movie player plugin loaded
INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r25886, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
INFO: FF7Music helper plugin loaded
INFO: Loading external library Multi.dll
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
ERROR: could not open file Z:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\ff7input.cfg
initializing sound...
creating dsound primary buffer
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized
set music volume: 127
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF CREDITS!!!
INFO: Z:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\movies\eidoslogo.avi; h264/aac 1280x960, 15.000000 FPS, duration: 10.193000, frames: 153
set music volume trans: 127->0, step=60
END OF CREDITS!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
Field Quit
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Entering FRAME_INITIALIZE SWIRL
Exitting FRAME_INITIALIZE SWIRL
Swirl sound_effect1
stop_sound
End of Swirl sound_effect1
Entering FRAME_QUIT SWIRL
Exitting FRAME_QUIT SWIRL
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
[BATTLE] Entering FRAME_INITIALIZE
[BATTLE] Scene# 300
[BATTLE] Exitting FRAME_INITIALIZE
ERROR: could not open file camdat0.bin
WM_CLOSE
ERROR: unhandled exception

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game, uninstalled the mods and reinstalled, tried running with certain ones turned off(anything to do with battle), etc. Does anyone have a clue on how to fix this?

Specs:
i7-2600k
GTX 690
16Gb Ram
Windows 7 Pro x64 Bit

mslayten

• View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: 2013-07-07 06:32:23 »
I read over this thread a few times and can't seem to find anyone with the same issue I'm having, so here we go:

I bought FF7 on Steam yesterday and followed the tutorial. The mods load fine(new models, music is better, etc). My game is crashing after the swoosh on the first battle. Here's the app.log dump:

INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 1920x1080, output resolution 1440x1080, internal resolution 3840x2160
INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r25886, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
ERROR: could not open file Z:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\ff7input.cfg
initializing sound...
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF CREDITS!!!
INFO: Z:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\movies\eidoslogo.avi; h264/aac 1280x960, 15.000000 FPS, duration: 10.193000, frames: 153
END OF CREDITS!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
Field Quit
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Swirl sound_effect1
stop_sound
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
[BATTLE] Scene# 300
ERROR: could not open file camdat0.bin
WM_CLOSE

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game, uninstalled the mods and reinstalled, tried running with certain ones turned off(anything to do with battle), etc. Does anyone have a clue on how to fix this?

Specs:
i7-2600k
GTX 690
16Gb Ram
Windows 7 Pro x64 Bit

Check if this file is there, if it's not then a couple things could be wrong, did you run bootleg from a system folder or install to a system folder such as your desktop or program files? Another possibility is forced vsync causing conflicts. For steam version you need to move steam to your main hdd directory, C:\ or whatever drive letter you have assigned and try a fresh install and run bootleg in the final fantasy vii folder. also ensure any firewalls or antivirus are disabled during installation.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #1005 on: 2013-07-07 06:45:08 »
Not sure if you are aware but the links to the ffviiremix mp3 files are broken and giving permission errors. Is it possible to install without these? They are listed in red on bootleg no matter which music profile i select so I assume they are required to run the installation.

Edit: Also I am the 1,000th post, do I get a cookie?

I'll fix it tomorrow. Please continue reporting broken or dead links. Not everyone uses paid services, so there are always limitations that pop up.

Thank you ahead of time,
Sahaquiel

Open FF7Music.exe and click on the Configure button. You can adjust volume and latency values in there.

Code: [Select]
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
initializing sound...
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF CREDITS!!!
END OF CREDITS!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Field Start
Field Quit
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Swirl sound_effect1
stop_sound
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
[BATTLE] Scene# 300
[b]ERROR: could not open file camdat0.bin
[/b]WM_CLOSE

Specs:
i7-2600k
GTX 690
16Gb Ram
Windows 7 Pro x64 Bit

Is your operating system installed on the Z:\ drive? If so, you've installed your game into a system folder via Steam. I've not tested it before, but you can try copying the entire FINAL FANTASY VII folder to a non-system folder (e.g. Z:\Games\FINAL FANTASY VII) and running it from there. Windows is funky and can deny access to certain file extensions when trying to open them inside system folders.

If that turns out not working, then you will need to uninstall and delete EVERYTHING. Then after Steam installs the game again, move the fresh copy to a non-system folder and start modding it with Bootleg.

mslayten

• View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: 2013-07-07 06:52:00 »
Thanks for the quick reply, in the mean time is there anyone with a mirror I can get the mp3s from? They are the last files I need before I get this up and running.

mslayten

• View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: 2013-07-07 06:56:32 »
Is your operating system installed on the Z:\ drive? If so, you've installed your game into a system folder via Steam. I've not tested it before, but you can try copying the entire FINAL FANTASY VII folder to a non-system folder (e.g. Z:\Games\FINAL FANTASY VII) and running it from there. Windows is funky and can deny access to certain file extensions when trying to open them inside system folders.

If that turns out not working, then you will need to uninstall and delete EVERYTHING. Then after Steam installs the game again, move the fresh copy to a non-system folder and start modding it with Bootleg.
I can't say for certainty since I haven't tried this with your program but from past experience I think if he moves the ffvii folder and runs bootleg in the new directory with the same settings without a fresh install it would insert the missing files and the game should run and save a lot of time redownloading from steam. Worth trying.

Looking at the bootleg setup all he would have to do is change the installation field in bootleg to target the changed directory for the game to try it.

If the conversion is forced when the program is run you might have to select your version as 1998 since it has been converted to that version already.
« Last Edit: 2013-07-07 07:12:39 by mslayten »

mslayten

• View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: 2013-07-07 07:37:44 »
Oh and I am forgetting my manners. This should have been in my first post but thanks to all of the mod community for all your hard work and especially to Aali for making the opengl plugin that opened up the flood gates. It's really awesome to see gamers take it upon themselves to bring a classic masterpiece into the modern era when even Square Enix is worried they couldn't do it properly.

The Comfy Chair

• View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: 2013-07-07 08:20:19 »
Oh and I am forgetting my manners. This should have been in my first post but thanks to all of the mod community for all your hard work and especially to Aali for making the opengl plugin that opened up the flood gates. It's really awesome to see gamers take it upon themselves to bring a classic masterpiece into the modern era when even Square Enix is worried they couldn't do it properly.

Indeed :) Got to love PC as a platform, who needs HD remakes when the community can make their own! :D

Anyways, after hearing that the Steam version should just work without an issue, i'm a little stumped as to why mine isn't! My Steam folder isn't a system one, i've made sure i have ownership of the folder, set bootleg and bfe.exe to run as admin, I even made sure i was running the mods from C:\games\FF7 in case it had to be a specific folder (i've also moved it to the same relative paths in case that was it too)!

When i run BFE.exe and select 'run bootleg', the bootleg.exe seems to think my FF7 install directory is ""=\". It is saying access denied though, complaining about administrator privileges. So maybe the file path is down to it not being run as an admin even though it has been set to do so? (note: i am running bootleg.exe through bfe.exe, maybe that transition between the two is the issue, but even then, won't others have encountered that issue too?).

Thanks

EDIT: never mind, i'm just derping (never mod when sleepy!) I just hadn't changed the directory for the installation in 'tool's in BFE.exe
« Last Edit: 2013-07-07 08:22:08 by The Comfy Chair »

sinocia

• View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: 2013-07-07 12:49:46 »
this may have already been asked but im just curious. do you have to run bootleg everytime you change something in the BFE?

habaden

• View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: 2013-07-07 14:22:02 »
Hey im having a problem whenever i start up the bootloader and click play it just crashes, how can i fix this? It works without the Load Anywhere option but with it i cant start.
« Last Edit: 2013-07-07 14:25:51 by habaden »

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: 2013-07-07 14:53:03 »
the ffvii remix tracks links are working again now sorry about that
« Last Edit: 2013-07-07 15:58:52 by e1sunz »

MrKravin

• View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: 2013-07-07 15:57:46 »

It isn't installed in a system folder(I think?). My C: drive houses my OS and a few programs, Z: is my game drive. It might say Program Files/Steam/Etc, but that was just the generic install route for Steam. Is that enough to break it?m I can try moving my Steam folder to something custom either way.

And btw, thank you so much to everyone that worked on these mods and loaders. I've beaten FF7 about 8 times, and this next playthrough is going to be awesome(just gotta figure out why its mad, heh)

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: 2013-07-07 16:08:47 »
this may have already been asked but im just curious. do you have to run bootleg everytime you change something in the BFE?

If you run Bootleg and decide you want to try a different mod, you can run it again. Some mods are permanent though and can't be uninstalled, so you'll have to start over with a fresh game install.

Hey im having a problem whenever i start up the bootloader and click play it just crashes, how can i fix this? It works without the Load Anywhere option but with it i cant start.

Post your APP.log file after it crashes.

Ty ty ty  ;D

It isn't installed in a system folder(I think?). My C: drive houses my OS and a few programs, Z: is my game drive. It might say Program Files/Steam/Etc, but that was just the generic install route for Steam. Is that enough to break it?m I can try moving my Steam folder to something custom either way.

And btw, thank you so much to everyone that worked on these mods and loaders. I've beaten FF7 about 8 times, and this next playthrough is going to be awesome(just gotta figure out why its mad, heh)

Try going into your ...\data\battle folder and seeing if there is a filed called camdat0.bin.

MrKravin

• View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: 2013-07-07 16:12:49 »
It's missing, bummer. So I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game a few times now, and it keeps crashing in the same spot(first battle). Maybe I should start fresh and try from the top one more time?

Also, when running the bootloader, I get this:

Error in blackbgb: converting to field failed, Attempted to read 323135 bytes from 36fe
Error in elminn_1: Incorrect number of entries: 16/17

Not sure if this is related to the error, but yeah.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: 2013-07-07 16:16:27 »
It's missing, bummer. So I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game a few times now, and it keeps crashing in the same spot(first battle). Maybe I should start fresh and try from the top one more time?

Also, when running the bootloader, I get this:

Error in blackbgb: converting to field failed, Attempted to read 323135 bytes from 36fe
Error in elminn_1: Incorrect number of entries: 16/17

Not sure if this is related to the error, but yeah.

Well camdat0.bin is a camera motion file. It should be there after you install your game, so there is some issue on your end as to why it doesn't install the file.

The errors you see are from Menu Overhaul. The Bootleg cmd prompt and my written guide both say you can ignore those messages. It's just tell you that your flevel.lpg isn't clean, but that's because the game gets converted before the mods are installed, so it's an inevitable message.

MrKravin

• View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: 2013-07-07 16:50:53 »
Hmm, so I deleted everything and started over. After installing FF7 from Steam again, I searched for the file and found it under Steam\SteamApps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\data\lang-en\battle. So if I install the mods again, but move the cam files to \data\battle, would it work? Just thinking out loud.

And again, thank you for your help, you're amazing.

danieljustin84

• View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: 2013-07-07 16:52:04 »
So, it looks like I am the only one with this issue, but hopefully someone has heard about it and knows a fix. When I start the game, the up arrow shows to be stuck on. I can tap the down arrow on the numpad and it will momentarily stop. I am using a Saitek keyboard.

Note, this issue was there with a fresh install.
« Last Edit: 2013-07-07 20:25:44 by danieljustin84 »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: 2013-07-07 17:08:16 »
Hmm, so I deleted everything and started over. After installing FF7 from Steam again, I searched for the file and found it under Steam\SteamApps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\data\lang-en\battle. So if I install the mods again, but move the cam files to \data\battle, would it work? Just thinking out loud.

And again, thank you for your help, you're amazing.

It's possible. Copy the file somewhere safe and run Bootleg. After it finishes, check ...\data\batle and ...\data\lang-en\battle and put the file in there if it's missing.

I'm more curious as to why it's missing than just fixing it...hmm.

mslayten

• View Profile
« Reply #1020 on: 2013-07-07 19:22:50 »

anything under program files is a system folder,you need to either move steam or final fantasy vii to the main directory of the drive. so it should either be Z:\steam or Z:\Final Fantasy VII if you move either, if you try to install into program files it won't do it correctly.

I recommend moving steam to a main directory anyway since oddly I have noticed it reduces load times and some stuttering in games on non solid state drives when it doesn't have to sort the data files from within a system folder.
« Last Edit: 2013-07-07 19:49:03 by mslayten »

mslayten

• View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: 2013-07-07 19:36:30 »

Thank you very much,these were the last files I need.

KHCloud

• View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: 2013-07-07 20:36:48 »
Steam release has peaked my interest in the PC version once again, guess the Vita is getting shelved for a bit haha.

I love the Bootleg and there have been a lot of improvements since I was last here a few years back, can't thank you all the modders enough for sharing this stuff.

Onto topic, I installed Bootleg, (for anyone interested I use D:\Games\Steam\blah blah and it works perfectly, C: is my root) and was having a blast, one of the reasons I got the Steam version was for the achievements, I've never hunted cheevos in a game before but I figured I'd make an exception to this, hence why I purchased VII again even though I have the 98 edition (and 97 disc and PSN lol)

after playing for a bit I decided to try load up the original FFVII steam exe and it works, I'm currently in the process of figuring out which mods are fine and which arn't for this, was thinking if I can get some to work and still get cheevos it would be pretty cool, so far it seems the sound effects and character changes are fine but magic and world map textures are a no go.

just wondering if anyone has tested this more than me and know what can be used and what cant to still allow for these Steam achievements to pop

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: 2013-07-07 21:27:11 »
Steam release has peaked my interest in the PC version once again, guess the Vita is getting shelved for a bit haha.

I love the Bootleg and there have been a lot of improvements since I was last here a few years back, can't thank you all the modders enough for sharing this stuff.

Onto topic, I installed Bootleg, (for anyone interested I use D:\Games\Steam\blah blah and it works perfectly, C: is my root) and was having a blast, one of the reasons I got the Steam version was for the achievements, I've never hunted cheevos in a game before but I figured I'd make an exception to this, hence why I purchased VII again even though I have the 98 edition (and 97 disc and PSN lol)

after playing for a bit I decided to try load up the original FFVII steam exe and it works, I'm currently in the process of figuring out which mods are fine and which arn't for this, was thinking if I can get some to work and still get cheevos it would be pretty cool, so far it seems the sound effects and character changes are fine but magic and world map textures are a no go.

just wondering if anyone has tested this more than me and know what can be used and what cant to still allow for these Steam achievements to pop

In simple terms, anything that relies on Aali's Driver will not work. These are all the files you would see in the \mods\Bootleg folder after installing Bootleg. We actually already discussed this last year with the 2012 version on the SE store. The file structures between that and the Steam version are identical, so it applies the same way.

MrKravin

• View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: 2013-07-07 22:10:09 »
Making the backup of the camdat files served useful, it seems they go missing once I install the mods. Not too sure why.

One more question before I get to playing: How did you get your pre-rendered background areas to look so sharp in your videos on youtube? Mine looks super blurry and muddy. All of my settings seem to match the tutorials. I actually used the EQ2Alyza.bp for the mod list, I only changed a few character models. And I also copied your screenshots for the bootloader.

Here's an example of what I'm talking about: http://imgur.com/thvABNL