Author Topic: Yuffie Crash  (Read 4707 times)

nvz

• View Profile
Yuffie Crash
« on: 2013-10-14 05:08:02 »
Hi, I recently installed Tifa's Bootleg for Final Fantasy 7 and my game crashed whenever I got into a battle with Yuffie.  She kept moving forward and did invisible attacks. I cannot run the game in compatibility mode it seems, and yes I have a custom model installed for yuffie.  Can anyone help me with this problem? I had 40-50 viewers watching my stream and they were all disappointed by this :(

Letanius

• View Profile
Yuffie encounter bug
« Reply #1 on: 2013-10-16 09:35:23 »
So I'm wandering around in the woods between Fort Condor and Junon, and I get into a random encounter with Yuffie. Thinking that hey, she's kinda cute and she's a good fighter, I decided to fight her and convince her to join us.

OK. Silly RP aside, when I get into the battle with Yuffie, the game doesn't crash per se, but it just kind of hangs up. Yuffie acts like the Deling imposter boss from FF8, lurching and leaning around. You can attack her once or twice, but any attack that your character has to run up to her causes all action to stop and the game just hangs. Music continues to play, the games doesn't register as "crashed". I actually had to close the game via the task manager. I'm going to attempt this later tonight one more time, this time using all ranged spells and seeing if that will allow me to get past her inability to actually move or attack. I didn't notice anything funny in the log, but you guys know the code better than me, so take a look.

Code: [Select]
-=-=[START OF WORLD MAP!!!]=-=-
stop_sound
cross play music: 0
set music volume trans: 127->0, step=4
set music volume: 127
stop_sound
-=-=[END OF WORLD MAP!!!]=-=-
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
Entering FRAME_INITIALIZE SWIRL
Exitting FRAME_INITIALIZE SWIRL
Swirl sound_effect1
stop_sound
End of Swirl sound_effect1
Entering FRAME_QUIT SWIRL
Exitting FRAME_QUIT SWIRL
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
[BATTLE] Entering FRAME_INITIALIZE
[BATTLE] Scene# 75
[BATTLE] Exitting FRAME_INITIALIZE
[BATTLE] Begin main battle loop
[BATTLE] End of current battle
[BATTLE] Begin end battle stuff
stop_sound
[BATTLE] Entering FRAME_QUIT
[BATTLE] endof battle.
[BATTLE] Exitting FRAME_QUIT
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Entering MAIN
Exiting MAIN
-=-=[START OF WORLD MAP!!!]=-=-
stop_sound
cross play music: 0
set music volume trans: 127->0, step=4
set music volume: 127
-=-=[END OF WORLD MAP!!!]=-=-
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
WM_CLOSE
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
Field Quit
UNINITIALIZE DD
END UNINITIALIZE DD

Cazador

• View Profile
Re: Yuffie encounter bug
« Reply #2 on: 2013-10-16 13:28:30 »
I see nothing of use here. I'm not sure but it sounds like a model issue to me. Overlapping bones or something of the sort. Have you applied any mods?

Letanius

• View Profile
Re: Yuffie Crash
« Reply #3 on: 2013-10-17 02:51:36 »
I did update her character model... should I revert her model back to the original just for that encounter and then switch it back?

Letanius

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2013-10-17 09:41:17 »
I'm not sure if it fixed itself or what, but for some reason, changing the model of yuffie in battle from Grimmy's AC to Whiteraven's AC model allowed me to complete the fight. Just throwing that out there.

Cazador

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2013-10-17 14:41:38 »
Yeah, sounds like it was an animation issue; bone/joint overlapping and the engine couldn't handle it. Could be wrong though :P

BlazenedOne

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2013-10-22 15:26:37 »
I have this same issue. I guess its an issue with that model specifically. Do I have to do a complete reinstall just to change her texture or is there some type of fix for this like there was for that glitchy Barret model. Im not using any other mods besides the one included in the bootleg.
« Last Edit: 2013-10-22 15:30:18 by BlazenedOne »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #7 on: 2013-10-22 15:59:19 »
Hmm, Grimmy's Yuffie was broken in Bootleg039, but I thought she was fixed in Bootleg040. You will need to download another Yuffie battle model (Whiteraven's is good) and pack it into your battle.lgp. I use this tool to do all my packing: HERE

cmh175

• View Profile
    • Chris Hendrickson's Artstation
« Reply #8 on: 2013-10-22 16:45:06 »
I have found that working on summoning and battle models can deteriorate the animation file. After finishing a model it's a good idea to copy in a new one. To fix Grimmys Yuffie try replacing the **da files.