Author Topic: [PC] Yet Another Multi-Patcher - YAMP  (Read 221909 times)

twipley

• View Profile
    • custom user page on wikipedia
Re: Yet Another Multi-Patcher
« Reply #100 on: 2007-09-02 14:50:14 »
Just as a heads up, i just found out that this patcher has issues with winXp's latest updates. If you want to apply all patches at the same time you need to set the install.bat file to win95 compatibility mode otherwise it gets a error when applying the mgp patch.
Can anyone else confirm this info?
Myself the patch seem to work well, even with latest Windows XP updates installed...
"HighwayAndSnowboardMinigamesFix - Patching done"

I haven't tested in-game results, though.

xEraceRx

« Reply #101 on: 2007-09-03 01:14:36 »
Ok i redownloaded the tifa patch and still didn't work, so i reinstall the whole game then reinstall the patch and got it installed, but when i installed the chocobo before the tifa i got errors and the game didn't work, so i rereinstall everything chocobo patch first then the tifa, now everything is working fine.

linuXBOX

« Reply #102 on: 2007-09-04 04:35:44 »
I'm having trouble.  The batch file runs fine, and all the patches get installed, however it seems to corrupt my ff7.exe!

The icon changes to that generic window-thing, and when I try to run it, the error 'ff7.exe is not a valid Win32 application' appears, and when I try to move/delete it, it claims 'it is in use by another program'.

Any help? I'm running Windows XP

I can apply the transparent and swirl patches, but the minigame patch "corrupts" the FF7.exe, so I can't apply it....curious if there is any suggestions

Kashmir

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2007-09-04 04:44:32 »
Just as a heads up, i just found out that this patcher has issues with winXp's latest updates. If you want to apply all patches at the same time you need to set the install.bat file to win95 compatibility mode otherwise it gets a error when applying the mgp patch.
Can anyone else confirm this info?
Myself the patch seem to work well, even with latest Windows XP updates installed...
"HighwayAndSnowboardMinigamesFix - Patching done"

I haven't tested in-game results, though.
The error only occurs if you are trying to apply more than 4 of the patches at once. I started getting the problem after updating windowsxp via the auto update, but it might also occur in earlier versions too.

I can apply the transparent and swirl patches, but the minigame patch "corrupts" the FF7.exe, so I can't apply it....curious if there is any suggestions
Try setting the .bat file to win95 compatibility mode.

miracle.flame

• ^_^
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2007-09-04 07:59:32 »

The latest minimages patch includes swirl patch so if you use old swirl with new minigames the corruption is expectable. It's already there! Use only latest minigames and read carefully next time.

linuXBOX

« Reply #105 on: 2007-09-07 20:45:33 »
Thanks miracle.flame, you were right, I must apologize

It patched without fail, and the game is running very well now, shame I already passed the motorbike game without the patch, that was a pain

rugbykid

• [URL=http://www.ff-fan.com][IMG]http://www.ff-fan.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2007-09-13 16:47:47 »
i hav e an idea for something to include in the YAMP..
save everywhere! (Maybe a little cheaty but... anyway...)
to use inside gypt would be even better!

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
« Reply #107 on: 2007-09-13 18:13:55 »
i hav e an idea for something to include in the YAMP..
save everywhere! (Maybe a little cheaty but... anyway...)
to use inside gypt would be even better!
Ok, send me your copy of FF7 and it's done :). I don't have FF7 anymore, so can't make any new patches/correct old ones.

paladin181

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2007-10-18 22:06:39 »
I put the file with the txt extention in the folder and it still tells me missing config file, no patching today.. This is on the MGP, btw.

Silly me. When I extracted it, it all went to a "Patches" directory.
« Last Edit: 2007-10-18 22:13:30 by paladin181 »

Demarest

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2007-10-28 21:28:22 »
Still loving these. Thanks again, dziugo.

I'm curious: Why does the front page say Always Run has been discontinued? The only time it was a real problem was when Tifa is captured in Junon and you need her to get the key. I've completed it three times now with the patch installed. Not as easy, but still very doable. I can see no reason why this patch should be discontinued.

Now, for the reason I'm posting. There's a patch to control Cait Sith's slots. Any way of similarly controlling the battle square's slots? I'd like to be able to pick my handicaps to intentionally give me harsh one I can handle but avoid ones that my setup would find to be critical. I've tried watching the wheel and guessing. I've tried the tap SWITCH method of strobing it for a better idea. I can't seem to master either.

dziugo

• View Profile
    • A new copy of FF7 thanks to Salk. Pack (zip/rar/etc) your saved game before sending it to me.
« Reply #110 on: 2007-10-29 09:14:00 »
Still loving these. Thanks again, dziugo.
Thanks for using :)

I'm curious: Why does the front page say Always Run has been discontinued? The only time it was a real problem was when Tifa is captured in Junon and you need her to get the key. I've completed it three times now with the patch installed. Not as easy, but still very doable. I can see no reason why this patch should be discontinued.
Kruci made a version of this patch which (AFAIK) runs without any problems, so I just linked to that thread.

Now, for the reason I'm posting. There's a patch to control Cait Sith's slots. Any way of similarly controlling the battle square's slots? I'd like to be able to pick my handicaps to intentionally give me harsh one I can handle but avoid ones that my setup would find to be critical. I've tried watching the wheel and guessing. I've tried the tap SWITCH method of strobing it for a better idea. I can't seem to master either.
I was going to make such a patch, but there was no need for it at the time. And now I can't do it. Sorry.

Second thought. There was a demo of FF7 which included only battle square, and that should be enough to mod it. I'll be a bit busy for the next 2 days, but after that... Can't promise anything, but I'll see what I can do.
« Last Edit: 2007-10-29 09:17:10 by dziugo »

Demarest

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2007-10-29 18:17:22 »
Kruci made a version of this patch which (AFAIK) runs without any problems, so I just linked to that thread.
I wasn't aware that yours had any problems. I know of the way it can "interfere" with things like doing power squats in the Wall Market gym and such. Each one is easily worked around.

I was going to make such a patch, but there was no need for it at the time. And now I can't do it. Sorry.

Second thought. There was a demo of FF7 which included only battle square, and that should be enough to mod it. I'll be a bit busy for the next 2 days, but after that... Can't promise anything, but I'll see what I can do.
I had read that you were without FF VII, but not how/why. Care to elaborate?

dziugo

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2007-10-29 18:55:08 »
I wasn't aware that yours had any problems. I know of the way it can "interfere" with things like doing power squats in the Wall Market gym and such. Each one is easily worked around.
People had problems with it, so I decided to make it Kruci's problem :)

I had read that you were without FF VII, but not how/why. Care to elaborate?
Short story short:
I "lent" it and forgot (probably not) or lost it when I was moving. I played it from ISOs, and lost those too when reformatting a while ago (I can make new images, so why bother?). Yeah...
« Last Edit: 2007-12-04 14:37:01 by dziugo »

L0ki

« Reply #113 on: 2007-12-04 13:05:38 »
hey there!

i am from germany so sorry for my bad english. Following problem: decompressed yamp and tifa limit mod into my final fantasy directory. Executing the install.bat and it works fine, but when i start the game with ff7.exe i still have to stop the tombola as normal.
when i start the backuped ff7.exe the game crashes when occuring battle. luckytifa both files are extracted and i am running the EU Pal Version of the game with XP Patch 1.4 no other patches.

thx
Loki

dziugo

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2007-12-04 14:29:42 »
Can you post the content of the debug.txt file? Also, the "tombola" should still work as it was - the only difference is that you can only choose between "Yeah!", "Yeah!" and "Yeah!".

L0ki

« Reply #115 on: 2007-12-04 14:35:05 »
there is no content in the debug.txt excluding the header "Debug Data"... what now?

do i have to install the other mods, too? don`t think so, right?
« Last Edit: 2007-12-04 14:36:48 by L0ki »

dziugo

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2007-12-04 14:38:01 »
Consult with the first post. Patches should be in the "patches" folder.

L0ki

« Reply #117 on: 2007-12-04 17:38:56 »
sorry... my folder was named "patch" not "patches" - devil in detail - thx

RockBassGuitar

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2007-12-11 20:51:49 »
I'm having issues trying to get several of these patches to work.  I have the patches I want in the "Patches" folder and I have the install.bat and the skerb.ex_ in the final fantasy vii folder.  When I try to run the installer, it comes up saying:

Final Fantasy VII Skerb's Patch Installer...

Access is denied.
Access is denied.
Access is denied.
Access is denied.
Applying Patch: CSith
Access is denied.
Access is denied.
Access is denied.
Access is denied.
Could Not Find C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\temp.bat
Could Not Find C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\patches\CSith.bat
Access is denied.
Access is denied.
Something's gone wrong... dunno what...
Sorry, no patching today.
Press any key to continue . . .

So I have no idea what I need to do to get this to work.  I'm not sure why I'm missing the temp.bat or the other .bat files.  I did a full install and it didn't work, so I tried it again and I yield the same results.  If anyone could help, I'd really appreciate it.  Thanks.

dziugo

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2007-12-11 21:39:07 »
Wow... The patcher need access rights to format... to patch your files dude. Seriously.

RockBassGuitar

• View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 2007-12-11 22:27:17 »
I'm running Vista, which requires me to give authorization/access for just about everything.  Is that why I can get it to work?

dziugo

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2007-12-11 23:04:18 »
Yup. It needs privileges to write and execute files (with write/execute privileges).

RockBassGuitar

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 2007-12-12 02:52:02 »
What files exactly do your patches modify?  Rather than trying to screw with Vista and figure out how to hack into all the stuff I know will only destroy my computer, I was going to simply copy the files onto a flash drive and try to apply the patches on my laptop (which runs XP).  Is it possible to just modify one or two files or should I completely copy the Final Fantasy VII folder, apply patches, then return the files to my main computer?  Is this even a feasible option?

dziugo

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 2007-12-12 09:24:08 »
The only thing you need, besides the patcher and the patches, is ff7.exe. Sure you can patch it on other machine and copy back the modified version.

RockBassGuitar

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2007-12-12 22:13:56 »
That did it.  Thanks for your help.  I really hate Vista.