Author Topic: FF VII-2?  (Read 19289 times)

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: FF VII-2?
« Reply #25 on: 2010-11-14 19:02:49 »
In Kula_Wende's defence, his Red XIII models were... okay, I suppose.

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2010-11-15 03:30:50 »
Bottom line is that I want my Cloud taken out of his project... Although I can't seem to find anything on this hodge-podge of an amateur web page made entirely out of other peoples content that says anything about selling it for profit, or really anywhere where it even mentions a download. So I'm pretty sure it's still mostly harmless, to be honest.

I can only figure that he's giving it out at some mall, without mentioning which city in which state and apparently only 6 months ago.

Regardless, I sent several e-mails telling him to remove my Cloud from his project.

I predict that this will go nowhere and he hasn't touched it in months... It's still not cool to do that

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2010-11-15 03:56:07 »
Bottom line is that I want my Cloud taken out of his project... Although I can't seem to find anything on this hodge-podge of an amateur web page made entirely out of other peoples content that says anything about selling it for profit, or really anywhere where it even mentions a download. So I'm pretty sure it's still mostly harmless, to be honest.

I can only figure that he's giving it out at some mall, without mentioning which city in which state and apparently only 6 months ago.

Regardless, I sent several e-mails telling him to remove my Cloud from his project.

I predict that this will go nowhere and he hasn't touched it in months... It's still not cool to do that
He lives in the Phillipines.  I used to have a link to a report/blog/something (with pictures) where he and a few other former members went to some sort of comic con type event advertising it as FFVII-2 selling cd's of the game with the mods applied to them.   Their site was then for help with trouble shooting.   How much they sold or if they are continuing, I have no idea.   The problem is that after I went to his site and asked him to shut it down, he opened it back up a few months later.

I'm no internet policeman, but we don't need people's selfish antics bringing a C&D here.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #28 on: 2010-11-15 03:59:57 »
He's selling burned copies of the modified game at conventions and such, which becomes very apparant once you check his youtube channel. Last time, he sold the game about a month or so ago in the phillipines.
I am getting mixed answers but he seems to sell the game at horrid prices like 50$ a piece. ( which is as much as the frign original game )
Not to mention that apparently quite a bit of his copies have problems and don't run at all, juding from the comments on youtube.
pity we cant tell square because of the copyright backlash and stuff.

edit: ninja'd by bear

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2010-11-15 04:19:16 »
...Well then... He's officially a Butthead

Mirenheart

• Pone
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2010-11-15 05:37:33 »
We should add him into the game as an enemy you fight... over and over and over...

His head shall be shaped like a Butt

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2010-11-15 12:31:47 »

He isn't the first person to make a Red XIII model and turn out to be an c*nt!

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2010-11-15 14:04:45 »
Since we're on the subject of Apz Model, it's uploaded onto a model sharing site.

I know the guy that uploaded it, Zerox. Do you want me to ask him to remove it?

I think he's registered on here too. I'm sure he posted something with KH2  models not that long ago.
« Last Edit: 2010-11-15 14:19:56 by ultima espio »

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2010-11-15 18:34:38 »
Since we're on the subject of Apz Model, it's uploaded onto a model sharing site.

I know the guy that uploaded it, Zerox. Do you want me to ask him to remove it?

I think he's registered on here too. I'm sure he posted something with KH2  models not that long ago.

Umm... Yeah! If it's not too much of a problem. I haven't really gotten around to it yet but yeah! Thanks

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #34 on: 2010-11-15 19:29:20 »

He isn't the first person to make a Red XIII model and turn out to be an c*nt!

Enemy used OBSESSION WITH ROMANTICIZED RED INDIANS!

It's super effective!

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2010-11-16 09:22:38 »
Well I've asked, and I've been ignored. :|

Beavii

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2010-11-16 09:43:54 »
We should realease a excellent new mod that when he steals it will actually be a nice little virus that allows us to find, locate then kill.....well at least fry the hard drive of any1 who installs the new mod

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2010-11-16 15:58:56 »
Ok, so the model has been taken down from the site, but it's still available on the forums.

Mako

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2010-11-18 05:34:36 »
He even ripped off the title, FFVII-2 is a very popular video done by tong...He even ripped off the title pic for his website! OH boy thats lazy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpgQ_Zzj7AQ&feature=related

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #39 on: 2010-11-18 10:42:21 »
"...?"

Very amusing. I do remember hearing about some kind of topaz weapon... was there ever a mod that actually had an enemy like that? ( without the fancy textures of course )
Or is my mind playing tricks on me

Mako

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2010-11-18 11:18:46 »
Another note! perhaps tong and Kula_Wendy are the same people! That Cloud looks awfully the same..Hmmm.

Could it be that he finished the model long ago, then decided to join Qhimm. Also the source image that I mentioned earlier does appear that the top banner of his makeshift site, it does not appear to be ripped from a video...It does beg the Question: Are Tong and Kula_Wendy two one person?

EDIT: I have sent a message to Tong to clarify if he ever gave his models to anyone, As far as I can tell the models are identical in every way meaning he might have stole them to begin with! This is truly horrible! not only is he not a good 3D artist but he is a thief of countless peoples works!. O_O To think I used to look up to him.
« Last Edit: 2010-11-18 11:56:52 by Mako »

apz freak

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2010-11-18 13:54:19 »
Topaz is entirely Tong's creation

No I absolutely think the TOng would be able to model/texture any mod without ripping them off from anyone. I used to read his blog (despite being in broken english/another language) He's posted a million renders of other models he's made. Allot of them Final Fantasy characters.

In no way would I believe a guy capable of that would just slap a bunch of other people's work together. Besides he has his own model of cloud why would he want to rip off mine? Kula_wende's website just uses artwork created by Tong.

Mako

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2010-11-18 14:08:59 »
But I was more speaking on the Cloud model itself, Kula_Wendy made a Cloud for the field (not yours) that resembled exactly the model used by Tong! as well as tong finished a Vincent model that concededly Kula_Wendy was working on a Vincent model as well...before he left!.
« Last Edit: 2010-11-18 14:11:03 by Mako »

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2010-11-18 14:30:04 »
Another note! perhaps tong and Kula_Wendy are the same people! That Cloud looks awfully the same..Hmmm.

I believe Tong and Kula_Wende are from different countries (Thailand and the Philippines respectively). Unless Kula_Wende is fluent in both Thai and Tagalog (as well as English) he'd have a hard time juggling these two personas.

Zerox

• 3D Models for FF7
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2010-11-21 05:12:04 »
I realize I have little room to claim it as "my" model but it's quite apparent to me that he's using the Tifa model I put together out of pre-existing materials and texture/uv map edits. Quite personally I don't care that he's using it as I have little intention of ever attempting to do anything with it myself anymore. You would not believe the amount of emails and pms you get asking for more characters, all the party member's characters, or heck I even had several people asking me if I'd replace EVERY model in FF7. I stopped replying to the messages long ago but they still come every now and then.

I can only imagine what Apz may have got in his pm and email amounts.

I must admit the only reason I've decided to show my face around here again is because of the surprising return of Apz Freak. I must say it's a pleasure to have him here yet again.

Anyway to avoid getting to far off-topic, I do agree he is using things he stole from elsewhere and he probably didn't do much if any of the work in modding FF7 at all. He probably just dowloaded a lot of stuff and tried to pull profit out of it. I also agree that trying to get Square to bust him may leak over to Qhimm.com getting some problems.

Most likely he will eventually get caught on his own, and even if he continues this for some time to come it has little affect on our everyday lives and I see little reason to worry about it.