Author Topic: Advent Children patch  (Read 3380 times)

iceman

Advent Children patch
« on: 2007-09-22 02:04:54 »
o hai I'm new.
Basically, I tried using the advent children patch which changes the avatars, but even though it is incredibly simple to use it just doesn't work for me. I run the patch on the Data > Menu folder like it tells you to, and it says 'done' but nothing changes in the game. In case it matters, I have the 1.02, the NPC and the chocobo patches on.
Also, I've tried switching between all the different graphics options with directX and TNT etc. and nothing works.
The only problem I can see is that maybe I need the 8-bit palletted textures box to say 'pass', or maybe there are files missing from it. Anyone know whats going on?

kruci

• View Profile
Re: Advent Children patch
« Reply #1 on: 2007-09-22 09:51:40 »
Actualy I never instaled this patch, but Avatars are only "pictures".
So if you see old avatars in game - nothing patched. This is sure not setting, directX, TNT related.

Is in FF7WhereItIsInstaled\Data\Menu file menu_us.lgp?
Is this file accessible(not only for reading, not system,...)
What is this file timestamp?

iceman

« Reply #2 on: 2007-09-22 15:02:09 »
Yea, I have that file and it has the 'read-only' box unchecked if thats what you meant. And then the created and modified dates on it are different, the modified one being around the time I used the patch. I'll keep trying in the meantime...

kruci

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007-09-22 15:34:57 »
Do you use full install? I dont know what all is used with minimal, so only try...

iceman

« Reply #4 on: 2007-09-22 16:17:44 »
I used full install, and everything else works... :| I guess I can play without it though if you don't know whats happening. Thanks for the help anyway.

kruci

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007-09-22 19:20:07 »
Its weird.

hmm arent you using resolution 320x200?
If not, maybe nothing was changed, or program only modifeid timestamp. Only place where are avatars picuters is menu_us.lgp. You can see it yourself, only download some program, whitch can display pictures(TEX files) from LGP files. Highwind, LGPtools, jenova_birth. Then you can look to menu_us.lgp, if they are there.

iceman

« Reply #6 on: 2007-09-23 17:40:00 »
Ah, I've solved it! I was using the 640x480 (quarter screen) but when you mentioned the resolution settings, I tried switching to 640x480 (Full Screen) and it worked.
Thanks again for the help :mrgreen: